Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    If I remember correctly in the Collector's Edition DVD they mentioned that they wanted to round of Leah's story better (or something along those lines). I may have misheard it, but seeing as Blizzard and Metzen especially are suckers for redeeming baddies I see Leah as a prime subject for this. Even more so because she was so pure to begin with, and never asked to be the vessel of Diablo.

Also, I highly recommend people watch the collector's edition DVD somehow. It explains a lot of what Blizzard were thinking. Including why they made Diablo look like he does in D3. Here's a link. Warning: SPOILS THE ENTIRE STORY OF D3. Protip: skip to 18 minutes and 20 seconds or 28 minutes and 13 seconds.
    I cannot explain the awesomeness that is you. You sir, you are a god. Thank you for that fantastic link!

Adria will be more along the lines of Maghda. Not the biggest bad, but a kill to hype up. The main enemies to come appear to be the guys on their way to becoming Death and Wrath.
    Of course there are still plenty of hells filled with plenty of demons. You know what I want? A Dynasty Warriors style slog through hundreds and hundreds of demons instead of having to take them on a pack at a time. Like a waterfall of fallen with a heavy rain of demon troopers.

...or they could always send us into the abyss to kill the dead prime evil.

Me personally, instead of killing old demons we've already killed, who have somehow returned through whatever stone, I'd like to see an expansion about Imperious turning bad as is hinted at in many of the cutscenes. He finally lets his rage take over and is tranformed into an evil being/archdevil bent on humanity and Tyrael's destruction. That's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    Wall of text relating to Leah's death.
    I'd like to assume that Leah's death isn't quite as mourned as Cain's simply because at that point in the game, you're off and doing much more important things. In Act 1, you're in a little village where everyone knows each other and the biggest evil is ghosts. At the end of Act 3/start of Act 4, you see Leah transform into Diablo, and you're then in the High Heavens. You have no idea what's happening down below, and Diablo's wake of destruction is so imminent, you barely make it in time to stop him as it is.

I don't remember dialogue from my first playthrough (Monk+Enchantress), but as a Monk+Templar neither one innately grieves as it holds them back in battle.
    Last edited by Rakudjo; 2012-05-19 at 12:51 PM.
    Thanks Soko<3

i find it kinda funny how many of theese questions in this post are answered in the game shows how little people pay attention or explore i guess.
    Adria spent her time making sure that the prime evils souls whenever they died/got their soulstones smashed were sent to the black soulstone.
    Also you get told throughout act 1 (if you choose to talk etc to the npc's) that the destruction of the worldstone which most litterally ensured nephalem was going to be surpressed into mere humans, meant that the nephalem were starting to return as it wasnt there to keep them under control. Also alaric kinda makes sure to state a few times that only his kind, nephalem can enter the temple. Then in Act 2 if you paid any attention zoltun kune (or how his name is spelled) keeps jabbering about you being special. and if you still havent gotten it everyone starts refering to you as nephalem, and the angels of act 4 when you talk to them say that you are a being that is comparable to the very nephalem that ensured the survival of mankind by convincing some of the angeric council that they shouldnt be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    There's the issue with Adria and Leah's soul. Also, weren't we meant to shatter the Black Soulstone after all the Evils got imprisoned? Also, does anyone know how and when Mephisto and Baal got inside it? I might have missed it. I can understand Mephisto but I'm really wondering about Baal...
    I think this is because Adria mentions how she was working from the sidelines all this time, and when we thought the souls were going in their stone she really siphoned them into the black soulstone. The fact that we just ignored the stone itself though does bother me. I wouldn't be surprised if Diablo is back in the stone we just lost when it fell from the High Heavens.

I would love to see what happened to Malthael and Imperius. Malthael is just gone, since Tyrael took his spot on the council. Nothing is ever mentioned about Imperius at the end either, and he definitely has given into Wrath at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunzium View Post
    I cannot explain the awesomeness that is you. You sir, you are a god. Thank you for that fantastic link!
    Your avatar describes how you make me feel.

But yeah, I think a lot of people are putting too much thought into interpreting what they see ingame. Blizzard explains it very clearly on the DVD, and most of it seems blatantly obvious in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    Your avatar describes how you make me feel.

But yeah, I think a lot of people are putting too much thought into interpreting what they see ingame. Blizzard explains it very clearly on the DVD, and most of it seems blatantly obvious in my eyes.
    Because it's fun to do that! We wanna know everything! Aren't you curious about the throne room?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Ok, first about the Black Soulstone trailer.. That place could be the Black Abyss from where demons spawn.. The big throne could be for Diablo but not necessarily, it could also be for the Azmodan..
    About the Adria, she has been in pact with Diablo since she came to Tristram in Diablo 1.. It is obvious that she wouldn't be a vessel for him, but actually the daughter.. I am just wondering, is Leah the only child of them or someone else will appear in the expansion.. And I think that completely new evil will appear in the game.. Or if not a new evil, I think that Mephisto will come back, since he is the most intelligent and strategic of the Three.. If Mephisto comes back, then also Inarius could come back.. And the story could be based on betrayal of Inarius and his banishment from the Angiris Council..

Quote Originally Posted by MephistoIsAwesome View Post
    Ok, first about the Black Soulstone trailer.. That place could be the Black Abyss from where demons spawn.. The big throne could be for Diablo but not necessarily, it could also be for the Azmodan..
    About the Adria, she has been in pact with Diablo since she came to Tristram in Diablo 1.. It is obvious that she wouldn't be a vessel for him, but actually the daughter.. I am just wondering, is Leah the only child of them or someone else will appear in the expansion.. And I think that completely new evil will appear in the game.. Or if not a new evil, I think that Mephisto will come back, since he is the most intelligent and strategic of the Three.. If Mephisto comes back, then also Inarius could come back.. And the story could be based on betrayal of Inarius and his banishment from the Angiris Council..
    Hi i was googling stuff and found this thread =) see if i could find any more info about Diablo 3's lore....

You guys forgetting the greatest evil... that is even above... Prime Evils/Lesser Evils.

Tathamet, the true Prime Evil (which is all 7 lords of hell in 1) with the Black Stone it possibility of bring him back to life... but the problem was Leah...

Not only was she a child of Diablo thus giving edge to Diablo to take control of Black Stone but also limited the power as a host for the black stone, she was not powerful enough/or even had enough control over her powers.

With the Black Stone it is also possible to capture... Angel's souls, and i believe Leah's Soul just traded places with diablo in the black stone. So she is traped inside that stone with the other evils, since her power were similar nature that of lords of burning hell.

Meaning if someone uses the Black Stone to capture both Lords Of Hell, and Angles... we might have "The One" True Anu come back to reality.

A perfect host would be a nephalem. not a child of Hell or just Angle... but hybrid of both. Even in last Fight With Diablo at top of heaven, you hear some of thoughts of Tathamet come thru Diablo, about why the wretched light wont go out... (which is his the light of Anu's Light Side and resting place of Anu's spine that makes up Archangles is at rest in crystal spire were you fight Diablo, and you see him stomp directly above the resting place and cracks the floor)

also Lilith/Inarius/Adria/Malthael still have a part to play.

So it is possible maybe Malthael will find black stone, and as a angle be able to get close enough/lower their guard to be able to capture all Archangles thus creating NEW Black Stone that be combination of both High Heavens + Burning Hells in Nalphelm host, and leah's soul being the outer balance in the stone, tip favor for the light, thus maybe rewarding her with life/body by Anu's power
    Last edited by Skully1230; 2012-05-23 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skully1230 View Post
    Hi i was googling stuff and found this thread =) see if i could find any more info about Diablo 3's lore....

You guys forgetting the greatest evil... that is even above... Prime Evils/Lesser Evils.

Tathamet, the true Prime Evil (which is all 7 lords of hell in 1) with the Black Stone it possibility of bring him back to life... but the problem was Leah...

Not only was she a child of Diablo thus giving edge to Diablo to take control of Black Stone but also limited the power as a host for the black stone, she was not powerful enough/or even had enough control over her powers.

With the Black Stone it is also possible to capture... Angel's souls, and i believe Leah's Soul just traded places with diablo in the black stone. So she is traped inside that stone with the other evils, since her power were similar nature that of lords of burning hell.

Meaning if someone uses the Black Stone to capture both Lords Of Hell, and Angles... we might have "The One" True Anu come back to reality.

A perfect host would be a nephalem. not a child of Hell or just Angle... but hybrid of both. Even in last Fight With Diablo at top of heaven, you hear some of thoughts of Tathamet come thru Diablo, about why the wretched light wont go out... (which is his the light of Anu's Light Side and resting place of Anu's spine that makes up Archangles is at rest in crystal spire were you fight Diablo, and you see him stomp directly above the resting place and cracks the floor)

also Lilith/Inarius/Adria/Malthael still have a part to play.

So it is possible maybe Malthael will find black stone, and as a angle be able to get close enough/lower their guard to be able to capture all Archangles thus creating NEW Black Stone that be combination of both High Heavens + Burning Hells in Nalphelm host, and leah's soul being the outer balance in the stone, tip favor for the light, thus maybe rewarding her with life/body by Anu's power
    That is very well thought but how can Tathamet and Anu be revived if they are in a different realm.. Anu is in a true paradise which no one knows anything about.. Tathamet is the foundations of Burning Hells and The Great Evils..
    And I don't think Diablo can get Nephalem as a host as Nephalem's are angels and demons child.. So technically, they are stronger than both of them.. It is plausible but hardly..
    If Mephisto does indeed appears than, as I said, Inarius and possibly Auriel could also appear.. Malthael will most certanlly make an appearance..

Quote Originally Posted by MephistoIsAwesome View Post
    That is very well thought but how can Tathamet and Anu be revived if they are in a different realm.. Anu is in a true paradise which no one knows anything about.. Tathamet is the foundations of Burning Hells and The Great Evils..
    And I don't think Diablo can get Nephalem as a host as Nephalem's are angels and demons child.. So technically, they are stronger than both of them.. It is plausible but hardly..
    If Mephisto does indeed appears than, as I said, Inarius and possibly Auriel could also appear.. Malthael will most certanlly make an appearance..

The truth is that Tathamet is being made up of all 7 Lords Of Burning Hell, were most of his power resided, and Archangles on the council make up Anu.

but in the end both Archangles and Lords Of Hell were one being. Meaning if you combine/capture all in black stone, i wonder what would happen, since through most of the game it was hinted that Black Stone can capture also Angles's soul.

Also, Lilith could possibly had stumbled onto Anu's paradise(if Anu is not combination of Archangles) since she had been banished to a world beyond Burning Hells/High Heavens or Sanctuary.

It could be that the true plan of diablo was to deliver Black Soulstone to Malthael, who comes in possession and starts capturing archangles in the blacks soulstone. For rebirth of "The One" and true Anu with both evil and light in one.