Thumbs up So guys, I think I have a new addiction...

I have never felt this excited over a video game since the Nintendo 64 came out and I received it for christmas when I was 11... Diablo III, you are fricking amazing. I have only barely scraped the surface of the game (level 31, finished Act 1-4 on Normal, half way through Act I on Nightmare)... Blizzard, you guys did an amazing job lol all I can say. screw the haters saying WAHH WAHH MORE DOWNTIME u know what?? This game has been in development for over 10 years, and got the release pushed back over a year than originally anticipated. I'M JUST GLAD ITS OUT!
    Last edited by spkillergaming; 2012-05-17 at 12:10 PM.

Well, tastes will always differ. I find D3 to be a bit boring after few days. Than again, its really decent for the times you just want to kill some stuff.

I'm playing the starter edition (thanks to one MMO-C member ) and I'm really enjoying it, i really don't know why all the hate against it :O .Sadly, i can't afford it within 6 months :/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah the game is good, but it has not been in dev that long,, try 3 years max, maybe 4. cause to be honest if it truly was in development for as long as you think, then there wouldnt bee all the downtime, and achievements not working, or the AH being sooo crudely designed, the piss poor crafting system, the oddly placed stats on items.

sheesh, the list goes on and on. yes its a good game, but it has seriously design flaws that need to be fixed
    "Words and thoughts. The connection between the two. Without words, thoughts cannot be conveyed. Without thoughts, there are no words. They are both as vital as each other. They can never be divided. Like the wings of angels."

Elhaym Van Houten -Xenogears

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotica View Post
    the oddly placed stats on items.
    i giggled when you said this lol. i agree some items are weird. strength on a mage helmet for example. but it's the same with wow, seeing X item of the whale or eagle or whatever having +strength + spirit on WoW xD

yeah the game is good, but it has not been in dev that long,, try 3 years max, maybe 4. cause to be honest if it truly was in development for as long as you think, then there wouldnt bee all the downtime, and achievements not working, or the AH being sooo crudely designed, the piss poor crafting system, the oddly placed stats on items.

sheesh, the list goes on and on. yes its a good game, but it has seriously design flaws that need to be fixed
    Yes, it has been in development a lot longer than that. Most of these flaws and bugs you speak of are things that were added/changed/etc. in the last year.

The first thing I thought of when I saw all the crazy random stats on some of this gear, was when I go back on Alts and run BC dungeons...gear with int,str,AP,res....hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    that was you?

I would love to be playing Diablo 3 right now, but £45 is a bit rich for me. I am a little saddened that my years of continuous subscription to WoW don't even offer me a 10% discount or something cool.

A 10% discount would not make me buy it, £40.50 is still too much, but I would at least appreciate the thought that I am an important customer and they appreciate my years of loyalty

They seem happy to email me lots of offers of Free game time for WoW for the last 7 months since I stopped subscribing, however. Hmmm... Seriously - add up all the free weeks I have been offered for WoW and it would cover the £45 for Diablo 3

They offered you free Diablo 3 with the wow annual pass, or are you saying you deserve special treatment as an 'ex' customer?

The randomization of item stats is 80% of the joy of Diablo. It's the item hunt, and if you keep finding crap for gear with the wrong stats, you just keep slaughtering demons =)

Are you this guy?

OT: Havn't played much yet but i agree it's a great game!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    'Oddly placed stats' are the whole point of random modifiers...It's frustrating at times but I still like it.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

that was you?

I would love to be playing Diablo 3 right now, but £45 is a bit rich for me. I am a little saddened that my years of continuous subscription to WoW don't even offer me a 10% discount or something cool.

A 10% discount would not make me buy it, £40.50 is still too much, but I would at least appreciate the thought that I am an important customer and they appreciate my years of loyalty

They seem happy to email me lots of offers of Free game time for WoW for the last 7 months since I stopped subscribing, however. Hmmm... Seriously - add up all the free weeks I have been offered for WoW and it would cover the £45 for Diablo 3
    Doesn't most pc games cost around £45? Be glad it's not a console game that cost £60!

[QUOTE=blupparen;16862618]Are you this guy?[QUOTE]

lol no, i'm not xD ironic if it was though huh? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen...

XD I had to do it. But seriously yea welcome to the darkside of gaming where you will never get any sleep and forget about having a tan.

I'm addicted too, it's just so fun I'm really having a good time with this game.

I think the game looks very polished. I think some people are forgetting they had to create an entire game... not "an AH, random stats on gear,etc". There's a hell of a lot more involved then just those few systems mentioned. They've also said they scrapped some things and redid them to make them better over the years. Good games take time and people will be playing this game for years to come... cause it's awesome.

that was you?

Why didn't you sign up for annual pass? you get D3 for free lol. As to the OP if it wasn't for a work around on the tech forums I wouldn't of been able to play lol. Says D3 doesn't support my vid card. But I found a way to get around it. I played and have had no probs with my graphics lol. Glad I didn't have to spend more money to get a new video card. My comp and vid card is not even 2 yrs old yet. It's amazing like 3-4 yr old comps like my friends computer which is older doesn't get the same error message. Anyway I'm just glad i can frickin play lol. P.S. Kinda disappointed about the AH there is no shift click item search like in WoW. Reminds me of Star Wars AH(Galactic Market) where you have to micro manage your searches. Thats one of the reasons I quit star wars. I'm not gonna quit D3 though it's just too badass a game. Just prolly won't spend alot of time on the AH like I was hoping
    Last edited by Goretex; 2012-05-17 at 12:39 PM.

I am loving Diablo 3 so far. I just entered Act II on my main and I am taking my time to smell the daisies along the way. I play Witch Doctor and I am loving the seemingly endless combinations of spells. I can swap out spells on the fly to radically change my playstyle and I love it.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Deleted

If all items had optimal stats, the whole treasure hunting aspect of the game would be gone. You might also want to elaborate on what is wrong with the crafting system. Would you perhaps like to mine some ore? Or is it that the items are mostly random?