Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The better question is how many more avenues do you guys need to reinforce your opinion of the game? Theirs threads already devoted to it and the cheerleading that's going on is amusing.
    Because, just like you are entitled to whine and moan about the game, we're entitled to praise and cheer about the game. Also, you're really not contributing to the thread at all. If you feel that it shouldn't be here, report it and move on.

Anyways, I would rate the game an 8.7. It's interesting and fun, but I don't see it lasting me awhile (until my friend is able to play, anyways). Once PvP is added I'm sure that my score will go higher.
    Last edited by Chaochamp; 2012-05-24 at 06:28 PM.

I just posted my own review on the website and gave it a 5/5; it was a marvelous game to me. I never played 1 or 2, but I was just sucked into the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Player reviews are worthless as anything more than passing curiosities. They carry no weight, cache, influence and often have no depth of thought or historical relevance.
    Is there any other sort than player reviews? Or are you implying that "official" reviewers are not players? Should they even review games in that case(As obviously they haven't played them)? How would non players have this weight, cache, influence and depth you talk of? Did you even think what you did type?

Past that, I put far more weight on these "player" reviews than into any reviewer that has gigantic ads of the reviewed game blastered around the site/magazine. Why you ask? Well you don't bite the hand that feeds you. And that's exactly what those ads are, feeding the site/magazine making it. Expesially when your income is all about having ad revenue from clicks you don't go making "fair" reviews because that might put off the people paying you. The gaming reviewer system is one of the most corrupted ones in the world currently on review front.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2012-05-24 at 06:41 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by jerm1974 View Post
    Actually D1's graphics are very good for a 1996 edition game, D2's graphics are good for a 2000 edition game. D3's graphics are poor for a 2012 edition game.
    I don't understand this? what more do you want from the D3 graphics. They look fine, exactly where they need to be, and seriously, D2 graphics were awful for the time and the aesthetic sucked ass compared to the first imo.

OT: I am getting tired of the negative reviews that are pretty much backed by one or two things which is probably what you are seeing. A. the people that hate the online only aspect so therefore need the game to fail to vindicate themselves and B. those that had to wait a while to get on on launch day. It's annoying as neither of those things really have any effect on the actual quality of the game and are worthless to the discussion. IMO D3 is better than the first or the second by far in pretty much every way, I think some people have forgotten just how bland D2 is, the only thing I could say is that it does feeling like some little things are missing such as rune words but it is early days. The normal mode also seems to have much more streamlined stats, no resists or any of the other interesting things and I might see people walking away thinking it has been dumbed down or some such.

At the end of the day you have to take metacritic reviews for what they are worth which is not a lot, particularly those coming for point A or B. You already know it is always online, you don't need a nerd rage 0/10 post to tell you that. I think once you filter out that crap you will find that people generally think it is a great addition to the series. If I listened to metacritic, I would have never got fallout NV, which is one of my favorite games. The bugs that plagued everyone else and made it have an abysmal score for a while were all fixed within the month I waited to get it. Knee jerk reviews are especially worthless.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The better question is how many more avenues do you guys need to reinforce your opinion of the game? Theirs threads already devoted to it and the cheerleading that's going on is amusing.
    Just like you are in each and every one of the threads bashing away, while promoting Bioware. Class act.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    On the other hand I could claim if 100 people say on a forum that a game is bad then there might be 4 million happily playing it and the furthest thing from their mind is interrupting their fun to tell random people on a forum how much fun they are having.

Dissapointed players however....

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...hy-all-the-qq/

Concerns WoW but sums it up pretty well IMHO
    Generally the person who actually gives a shit and wants to learn more about a game does not read the exact same review echoed by 100 people.

People who take the time to read 100 reviews will go for varied reviews so they get the meat AND the potatos not just one or the other.

Dont assume that everyone on the internet is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Dont assume that everyone on the internet is an idiot.
    I try not to assume that but internet is making it really, really hard. <.<
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I try not to assume that but internet is making it really, really hard. <.<
    Agreed I try to hold out hope... sometimes.

Deleted
    I would agree on a 9/10 but i think a importen CON is the fact it is always online. But like many have said, player review is useless, i seen people giving it 2/10 1/10 or even 5/10 and that is just BS, that is just hate for blizzard that give it such a low score. I would say fine 7-10/10 is a fair rateing, anything below that is just hatress for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Anyways, I would rate the game an 8.7.
    8.7? Not 8.8 or 8.65?

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    8.7? Not 8.8 or 8.65?
    Of course not! Though, I may go with 9.67775 once PvP is added!

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The implication being that most people assume that those who are buying D3 have also played at least D2 and are now complaining. Good for you figuring out what the game is about before purchasing it, and realizing it's not your cup of tea.

What pisses the people, like me, who've played the whole series is the new players who haven't ever touched a Diablo game buying it simply because it's the new Blizzard game and then complaining bitterly and saying it sucks because they had no idea what the whole game design has always been about in the first place.

Honestly, all in all any review that doesn't simply objectively let you know what is included in the game is likely biased in some way and can be discounted because your opinion may differ.
    Why does this piss you off? How does someone else that you have never met or are not likely to ever meet not enjoying a game that you enjoy impact on your enjoyment of said game?

Games are emotive subject and part of the value of a review will be completely subjective and isn't that the beauty of life that we all enjoy slightly different things?

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I would agree on a 9/10 but i think a importen CON is the fact it is always online. But like many have said, player review is useless, i seen people giving it 2/10 1/10 or even 5/10 and that is just BS, that is just hate for blizzard that give it such a low score. I would say fine 7-10/10 is a fair rateing, anything below that is just hatress for no reason
    I'm interested why you think that anything below 7/10 is hatred for no reason. I tend to think that if I have to rate a game; 10/10 is a game that is almost perfect (for the time) - think Mario 64 when it was first released; 7/10 would be a good game; 5/10 average, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jerm1974 View Post
    Actually D1's graphics are very good for a 1996 edition game, D2's graphics are good for a 2000 edition game. D3's graphics are poor for a 2012 edition game.
    d2 good for a 2000 edition game? i definitely need the stuff that you're smoking man. you probably forgot about 640x480 maximum resolution at launch, didnt you?
    Last edited by Ghul; 2012-05-25 at 12:04 AM.