10+ Year Old Account

[Bio] Ronald Bane (in progress)

well i've decided to try once again to make a Bio, as with the last, if you find anything out of the ordinary / wierd you can point it out to me and i'll explain it or fix it.

Name: Ronald Bane
    Race: Forsaken (previously human)
    Class: hunter

Languages: Gutterspeek, and remembers some Common from his former life

Faction: Horde, but would like to rejoin his family in Stormwind

Personality: he is a very open person who enjoys a good laugh, and in life enjoyed a good glass of wine. he has never been a person who held his money too closely as he didn't need to, he had a very rich family. he can very quickly snap if someone mentions his faults or family in a demeaning way. he is also extremely smart and fast to pick up new skills. he is extremely cocky to anyone he finds inferior to himself, which is most people. if he faces a superior, he can be extremely polite and can find out what the require to hear from their wording and tone.

Likes/Dislikes: he likes the nature and animals, he dislikes orcs and goblins for what they've done to it. he likes any person who has shared a laugh and drink with him. more than anything he hates the scourge for ressurecting him, he is willing to go to almost any length to regain his eternal rest, but discards suicide as an option. he dislikes anyone blindly believing in anything.

Appearance: very human, he had only been dead for a few hours before being ressurected, he has short, blond, spikey hair. he is somewhat shorter than an average human, muscular upper body with long legs, shaped for running far and fast

Strengths/Weaknesses: he makes up for his shortcomings in height with his exceptional ability to use a bow that hasn't deteriorated by his death. if he gets mad he's very slow to simmer down.

History: Ronald was born into a wealthy family in Lordaeron, his mom and dad both being nobilty from birth, he has never had a lack of money for anything. during his childhood he was home schooled, and dreaded every second of the first 3 years. most of the stuff he was taught in the first 3 years of his school he had already learned by himself or he had picked up by watching his parents work. after his 3rd year he got a new tutor after he had driven the old one mad by continuesly asking questions that he should know nothing about (how the stars came into existance, what started the universe sort of stuff), the new tutor taught Ronald what he wanted to learn, and as such Ronald had a much better time learning seeing as he chose the pace and the subject. he finished his education without breaking a sweat at the age of 15 (and annoyed multiple of his teachers and peers in the proccess). during education he spend time in the wild, more than could be justified, as he enjoyed walking around the forest outside the city. during his time in the forest he met an old ranger who showed him how to handle a bow, and within a week he had learned how to handle a bow. he had also befriended multitudes of animals in the forest.

after finishing education he spend more and more time in the woods, tearing many of his suits to his parents annoyance. about a year after he finished, he and his parents moved to the capital to expand their business. Ronald was depressed by the small park, and after a week or so he went into the forests in Tirisfal Glades and stayed there for days honing his skills as a hunter, a final test to see if he was any good at it. his parents thought he had been kidnapped, and asked the guards to look around for him. after 4 days he returned home completely unharmed, but slightly under nourrished. his parents, who he had still not told about his escapedes into the forest (except for when he broke his suits), and willingness to be a hunter, was shocked and thrilled about his return, they fed him and prepared him to take some responsibility in the family business. a week after his trip to the forest he told his parents, who thought he had gone mad while out there, and dismissed the mere thought.

at age 20 he joined the army but wasn't allowed out of Tirisfal because his parents didn't want him to get hurt. during the fight against the scourge in Lordaeron, he joined a few of the friends he had made in the army in joining the fight against the scourge. he was killed in his sleep while the scourge attacked his camp.

after being freed from the scourge by Sylvannas he pledged his alliegiance to the Forsaken, but has wanted to rejoin his family, who had fled the capital the day before his death, knowing it would be impossible however. during his undeath he helped in clearing out the demons from outlands and the scourge from Northrend, never being on the front lines of the war, he wanted to be part of the group of people who killed illidan, banished Kil'jaeden, and defeated the generals of the Scourge. but never quite had the skills to join those groups. he met his current companion, an undead wolf, during an attack on what remains of the Scarlet Crusade in Western Plaguelands. he rides a protodrake he got from an egg he bought from the Oracles in Northrend.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2012-05-17 at 06:00 PM. Reason: lore stuff

Mmkay, so I am detecting some spelling and grammatical errors, so I'd suggest running this through spellcheck, but that's not what I'm here for. I'm here for LORE.

Anyway to get to the point, I don't think that there are any Universities in Warcraft. You have a tutor if you're a noble, you learn from the clergy if you're a priest or paladin, you go to Dalaran or Silvermoon if you're a mage (Silvermoon being for elves only, really), etc. There's just the one level of learning. As well, he's a Gilnean who joined the Stormwind army and died in Lordaeron to the Scourge, when Stormwind is on the opposite end of the Eastern Kingdoms and never saw the Scourge, Gilneas was fiercely independant and had its own army, which never actually fought the Scourge in the first place, since they built that wall to keep them out, and humans never really joined another country's army. They stayed in their own territory for the most part. I think that particular part of the bio needs some touching up.

One last thing. You say in Strengths and Weaknesses that he gets angry really easily, but that he's able to control his rage. Isn't that a bit contradictory? You paint that as a big flaw of his, but then mitigate it. I don't think that's wise. Your character should have weaknesses, and this one seems like an interesting one.

Aside from all that, it's a pretty solid bio. I think it's got a lot of potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'll relook it abit and change the city names, blah blah blah where needed.

he gets mad against people he finds equal or inferior to himself, however his upbringing has taught him to always respect his superiors and as such he is able to mostly conceal his rage against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree actually. In warcraft 3 there are Gilneans fighting alongside the armies of Lordaeron. Also, when you begin to make a worgen character the intro cinematic states that they in fact did fight against the Scourge and then retreated to their own territories. Forgive me if I'm wrong after all you've read the novels i haven't.
    Also, for the BIO, it may help to put how many years he lived in life and undeath. Also, the Forsaken have little to no emotion. Seeing as to he supposedly wants to return to his family in Stormwind seems odd. In game many of the Forsaken care little about their past lives, instead revere their Banshee Queen. I agree with Madgod that this BIO has potential and I look forward to RPing with this character. Happy RPing!

Quote Originally Posted by Darced View Post
    I disagree actually. In warcraft 3 there are Gilneans fighting alongside the armies of Lordaeron. Also, when you begin to make a worgen character the intro cinematic states that they in fact did fight against the Scourge and then retreated to their own territories. Forgive me if I'm wrong after all you've read the novels i haven't.
    Also, for the BIO, it may help to put how many years he lived in life and undeath. Also, the Forsaken have little to no emotion. Seeing as to he supposedly wants to return to his family in Stormwind seems odd. In game many of the Forsaken care little about their past lives, instead revere their Banshee Queen. I agree with Madgod that this BIO has potential and I look forward to RPing with this character. Happy RPing!
    It was my understanding that the Gilneans had made their wall before the Scourge became a big threat, but I might be wrong. There were Gilneans who fought alongside Lordaeron troops, but that was in Kalimdor. Groups of soldiers and citizens from every kingdom in Lordaeron were there, but they were still part of their respecitive kingdoms. In this case, the Gilneans were part of the Gilnean forces. They weren't Gilneans who fought as Lordaeron troops. There's a difference between fighting alongside them and fighting as them.

And you're wrong about Forsaken having little to no emotion. Some of them do. Some of them are filled with rage. Some are filled with regret. Some are relatively healthy. Some are insane. It's a lot more relative than you portray them. Most of them fit the category of being almost insanely devoted to Sylvanas, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, my bad. Thanks for settin me straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can't remember, the scourge ran through Lordaeron 7,8 years ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    its more like 12, if you look at how long WoW's been out. WoW began 4 years after the invasion of Burning Legion, so the Scourge would have invaded Lordaeron 12 years ago. Then again I'm not sure if WoW time translates like ours.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm quite sure that as a general rule it does. thanks for the answer, i'll update his age

According to http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_(unofficial), which is what we use here since it has the most information on it and appears to be the most complete, it's been 9 years since the events of Warcraft III, and therefore the Scourge's beginings.

10+ Year Old Account
    post has been updated with correct agings now.. anything else (besides my horrible spelling that i'm too lazy to fix)?

I like everything but it's weird how a forsaken could be so... filled with life... i could see him striving to retain his humanity more than embrace death like the other forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    the idea i had with him is he quite hasn't come to terms with his undeath, just sees it as a set back. as in, if he gets the option, he'd glady throw everything he built in undeath away and go back to being a human, so he can live with his family.