Thread: Shaving...

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shaving...

This question might be a bit to personal, but who else ( man ) shaves their armpits and chesthair once in a while? I had a gf that didn't liked all the hair at all and I actually kept shaving it off whenever it grows to long... I shave my armpits mostly when it's summer, because I'm already sweating like a pig and I don't want to be smellable from a distance

And what do most woman like? Do you consider shaving your armpits "gay"?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not naturally hairy, but I do Nair my chest hair cause it bothers me lol

I don't do it, but it's not gay at all. It's a personal choice - and hey, less stink is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    This question might be a bit to personal, but who else ( man ) shaves their armpits and chesthair once in a while? I had a gf that didn't liked all the hair at all and I actually kept shaving it off whenever it grows to long... I shave my armpits mostly when it's summer, because I'm already sweating like a pig and I don't want to be smellable from a distance

I shave my armpits on a daily basis. Can't stand it. Also, private areas.

As far as chest hair goes, I'm not bald but not bear-haired either. I wouldn't touch it unless I would look very very fit.

Deleted
    I trim my arm pit and pubic area, do not shave them completely though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand why men shave all their body hair off, to be perfectly honest. If my girlfriend asked me to I would but it'll only grow back thicker and more wirey and faster anyway so may as well just leave it.

I stand by my opinion though which is that men who shave their bodys clean of all hair are as homosexual as those who insist on wearing cardigans.

Not that there is anything wrong with gay people, it's just that most do it because "girls like that" and most of the time as far as I can tell, they don't really care, and it's quite obvious they're doing it because they like being as smooth as a babys ass.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-05-17 at 10:19 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I just don't understand why men shave all their body hair off, to be perfectly honest. If my girlfriend asked me to I would but it'll only grow back thicker and more wirey and faster anyway so may as well just leave it.

I stand by my opinion though which is that men who shave their bodys clean of all hair are as homosexual as those who insist on wearing cardigans.
    It helps to show off body definition, its the reason bodybuilders do it.

I stopped shaving my armpits die to ingrown hairs, i just trim them down once a week, it's perfectly normal, especially in summer days.
    I also have hairy back, so i usually laser it before summer so i don't look like a yeti at the beach, personally i consider removing nose, ear and back hair a must.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't shave it but I do trim it short enough. I never liked body hair huge turn off for me.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Deleted

I do shave my armpits every now and then (not in a year or two atm tho mind you, but that's just lazyness), shaved my chest couple of times but I like to keep my Hasselhoff. Only downside is waking up when your beard and chesthair have dreadlocked together during the night...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    It helps to show off body definition, its the reason bodybuilders do it.
    I can understand body builders doing it, but I'm 18 so spend a lot of my time in changing rooms before sports and the amount of people who do it or believe it's integral is... strange. I can understand trying to impress girls and trying to be manly, I just refuse to accept that the way to do it is to spend hideous amounts of time preening yourself infront of a mirror and shaving the rugged look of a man, off your body, which seems completely counterproductive to the goal, seeing as pretty much noone there will ever be a bodybuilder
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I see nothing wrong with it, personally. I am a hairy dude, though its not too thick except from the neck up. I personally absolutely hate shaving, though I shave my pubes about once a week. I wouldn't shave my chest or pits, but that's just me, and I see nothing wrong with guys that do.

Deleted
    I've never ever heard of men shaving their arm pits, that practice seems rather bizarre/feminine to me, all you pit shavers care to explain why?

that's just an urban legend anyways

I can understand body builders doing it, but I'm 18 so spend a lot of my time in changing rooms before sports and the amount of people who do it or believe it's integral is... strange. I can understand trying to impress girls and trying to be manly, I just refuse to accept that the way to do it is to spend hideous amounts of time preening yourself infront of a mirror and shaving the rugged look of a man, off your body, which seems completely counterproductive to the goal, seeing as pretty much noone there will ever be a bodybuilder
    well. like me, it could be that their body just doesnt grow hair. i was asked if i shaved my legs in highschool. and i didn't. i just didn't grow hair like that. i still dont. i'm 32 and i barely have any hair on my body. and its not gay at all. especially if you have to put spat on your legs. getting that of with the legs of a wolfman is not fun.i've seen the aftermath.

Deleted
    This question might be a bit to personal, but who else ( man ) shaves their armpits and chesthair once in a while?
    Never. I looked like a boy once, but I grew out of it.

I had a gf that didn't liked all the hair at all
    Guess she didn't like men.

I shave my armpits mostly when it's summer, because I'm already sweating like a pig and I don't want to be smellable from a distance
    Soap.

I'm not a woman, but I don't consider a man shaving his armpits "gay", nor do I think there's anything wrong with being gay, which is an implied attitude in your question.
    I do consider it vain... Or perhaps metrosexual is the proper term.
    Actually, I think I'll just go with "unnatural".

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't shave under my armpits but they get really smelly...like minutes after coming out of the shower they smell...everyday i have to put tons of deodorant on >.<

I trim my armpit hair since it helps with hygiene a bit. I leave my chest hair alone, no reasons to get rid of it.

Deleted
    There's nothing wrong with doing it. Everyone has different tastes and what they do with their body - within reason - is no one else's business. Or are we pretending as if the definition of masculinity is interpreted by incredibly shallow and outdated stereotypes? Implying someone is only manly if they're hairy is just as ridiculous as claiming that someone is only manly because they shave off their body hair. It's not something that really factors into it.

As for the original question, I just trim my facial hair into stubble. The rest of my body isn't particularly hairy aside from my arms and legs, which I leave alone.
    Last edited by mmoc454417f773; 2012-05-17 at 06:24 PM.

Hair is disgusting. I mean, shaving legs for a guy is kind of odd, but otherwise I wouldn't care.