Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Friend always chooses supports, always actively farms... what do I say?

She wont play with us unless I or another friend lane with her. She'll pick a support char, jana/soraka/sona, so the person laning with her will pick an AD carry.

Problem is, she attacks the mobs the entire time, pushes lane to turret, over-extends trying to harass dying almost every time to gank or tower. Essentially builds and acts as if she's an AP carry of some sort, but with a mental handicap.

When we try to explain how things work to her... she rages (lol female rage). She's always right, we cant say a word without her rage quitting or hopping off vent. Honestly sometimes we make her rage on purpose if she's feeding too much so she'll leave. We try to suggest other champs, roles, etc. She won't listen. Any advice we give her is met with a "I know how to f'ing play" response.

I like playing with my friends, unfortunately she's part of that group and often gets invited. Its a real struggle when it feels like you're always going uphill 4v6. It's one of those situations where you've been friends with someone for so long you just put up with their crap and do what you have to do.

So if you had to talk to someone like her... What would you say to make her understand? I kind of want to direct her here after some responses to show her that she really does need to change how she plays.

After typing this out I kind of realize I'll either have to play solo or just deal with her like I have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell her to shape up or she can play without you. Boob-rage is no excuse for playing like a baddie.

I play games for fun, not to get frustrated by idiots. I most definitely get more frustrated from idiots I know than those I don't -> I don't play with them.

Deleted
    Show her streams/competitive matches and make sure to point out how the support plays, only way to make her see sense.

simple. dont play with her or tell her to stop playing support if she wont support. show her streams or have her watch a tournament and tell her to pay attention to how the support plays. if she wants to be a support after that then by all means bless her because not many people want to and feel like they have to but this person just seems like one of those bad girl gamers that think they are good because they have boobs and sound hot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any chance of getting laid?

If so, don't say anything. Just tell her she's doing awesome.

If ignorance = bliss, and sex = bliss, then ignorance = sex

Get mah drift?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop choosing carriers and going lane with her. You're just enabling her. If she picks support, don't protect her and let her learn the hard way she is useless trying to play an offensive support.

Well I'm the vocal one about her being bad. And it causes flak with my other friends... I don't think I'd have such an issue with it if she wasn't such a B about it. She nastay too... oh lord she nastay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well how are you coming at her with it? If you're being blunt about it, I wouldn't blame her for being a bitch about it back. Try to be patient. Give suggestions in a nice and helpful way. If she's still a bitch when you're being nice then leave her to die if she thinks she can carry herself as a support/don't play with her anymore.

Deleted
    After seeing your posts It sonds like you´re probablly only friends with her to get laid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply put it down. "You are not playing right/well and you need to listen to our advice or I will not play with you. You're "Always right" attitude is poor and wrongly founded."

Tell her to pick someone who benefits from farm, like Morgana or Lux.
    Pick Ashe or Teemo for yourself, but don't play it like carry, play it like support yourself. Go roam, gank mid lane, help jungler counterjungle etc.
    Ashe max snare first for best ganks, Teemo max poison first for best harrass.

She gets all the bot lane farm, you fill the support role. Everyone happy.

don't let her play with you guys, simple.

sorry to bring this up but would you let a dude play with you if he did that shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell her if she wants to farm/harass/get kills then play a carry, else GTFO. Not that hard, and if she wont listen, don't play with her. I'd rather have fun with friends than make it like another random only with people you know.

Maybe show her a video of how a real support plays? (Like subtly tell her to watch the video: saying how good this guy is at support ~ she may pick up what the other support is doing)

Nhat Nguyen is a good support player to watch and to learn how to support, (if you wanted to show her a video of a good support playing).

I'd say that the game is about having fun, if you cant encourage her to try different play styles to see if she enjoys them then maybe you should just let her carry on as she is and seek other players so that you can indulge your own interests. :P

Unfortunately I'm sure most people here will try and tell you that it's all about winning and she needs to get good or gtfo!

If she is that ragey, and you actual want to play with her, just play troll games and go ganking like a mad man, dont take i seriously , only thing i can suggest if she is unwilling to listen, apart from that tell her to go on stream and watch competitive games . DO NOT TELL HER TO DO THIS TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY SUPPORT SHE WILL TELL YOU TO FUCK OFF AGAIN. Instead tell he there good and fun to watch, and maybe over time she`ll pick up how to play support from the, but insure you act as though she should watch them because there fun to watch, not to get better, she already has shown she thinks she is better then all of you or cant learn any more

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Tell her to pick someone who benefits from farm, like Morgana or Lux.
    Pick Ashe or Teemo for yourself, but don't play it like carry, play it like support yourself. Go roam, gank mid lane, help jungler counterjungle etc.
    Ashe max snare first for best ganks, Teemo max poison first for best harrass.

She gets all the bot lane farm, you fill the support role. Everyone happy.
    What this man said. Lux is a bit hard to play right, but Morgana or Soraka or Lulu ... Soraka pushes line like a boss with proper build it's insane. Pick some offensive support to go with her and it should work well enough. I would try Ashe or Alistar for they are more AD focused. Also saw pantheon support ... for some crazies.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

1) I do not like her, I despise her. You failed reading comprehension in school if you think I like her in any way.

2) We talk to her nicely. I'm quicker to point things out but I don't talk to her in a mean way.

3) She will not play anything but those champs, we've tried.

4) Two of the friends I like to play with have known her a lot longer than I. I suspect one of them has an uglycrush on her. The issue is I want to hang out with them, but whenever they are playing she's around. They are actually good friends and it would suck to have to stop playing with them because of her.

5) She's a total rage bitch. You could suggest something nicely to her and she'll crap all over you. I honestly have no idea why they deal with her crap. But like I said, I suspect one of them has an uglycrush on her, and the two guys are RL friends so the other one will back him up regardless of how dumb he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IdowhatIwant View Post
    1) I do not like her, I despise her. You failed reading comprehension in school if you think I like her in any way.

2) We talk to her nicely. I'm quicker to point things out but I don't talk to her in a mean way.

3) She will not play anything but those champs, we've tried.

4) Two of the friends I like to play with have known her a lot longer than I. I suspect one of them has an uglycrush on her. The issue is I want to hang out with them, but whenever they are playing she's around. They are actually good friends and it would suck to have to stop playing with them because of her.

5) She's a total rage bitch. You could suggest something nicely to her and she'll crap all over you. I honestly have no idea why they deal with her crap. But like I said, I suspect one of them has an uglycrush on her, and the two guys are RL friends so the other one will back him up regardless of how dumb he is.
    Don't play with her then. Why sacrifice your enjoyment in a game for having to deal with someone who isn't willing to learn and you don't like at all anyways?

There's no time where she's not online but your friends are?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

Simply put, don't play with her. If your friends side with her, let them enjoy her poor attitude and deny some other AD carry farm.