Deleted

Demon Hunter looking for kiting helpt

Hello,

I just beat normal diffculty on my demon hunter and I'm struggling with nightmare mode when solo, I die a huge lot and I think I could avoid a few of them if I was better at kiting / demon hunter in general.
    If I show you guys a SS of my itemization and skills, will you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT:

http://s990.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot000.jpg
    http://s990.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenshot002.jpg
    Last edited by mmocc7e5a2181f; 2012-05-17 at 08:59 PM.

Smoke screen w/ rune to increase duration to 3* seconds + Preperation + Chakram w/ dual glyph = domination.

I got to hell last night using this combo, didnt wipe on any bosses in nightmare.
    just get templar to soak.

my primary shot is entangling shot w/ 4* target glyph
    Last edited by PhailPally; 2012-05-17 at 09:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhailPally View Post

Smoke screen w/ rune to increase duration to 5 seconds + Preperation + Chakram w/ dual glyph = domination.

I got to hell last night using this combo, didnt wipe on any bosses in nightmare.
    just get templar to soak.

my primary shot is entangling shot w/ 8 target glyph
    It seems like you missread a few things, the entangling rune increases the ammount of targets being slowed TO 4, not by. Same goes for the smoke screen rune. Is it still that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsprotect View Post
    It seems like you missread a few things, the entangling rune increases the ammount of targets being slowed TO 4, not by. Same goes for the smoke screen rune. Is it still that good?
    oops, just read the abilities then, but yeah it works really well, I had no problem dealing with anything.

Deleted
    Also, I face a lot of packs of mobs which 1shot me as soon as they see me. Got any tips? (Please bear in mind that D3 is the first time I played this genre, I have no expirience with it except the past 3 days what so ever. I do however love the game and are enjoying it alot

EDIT, forgot to ask whether my stats are alright for my level. SS in the first post.
    Last edited by mmocc7e5a2181f; 2012-05-17 at 09:12 PM.

Deleted
    Combo im just running im NM is:
    Hungering shot(Scatter shot)
    Elemental arrow(Frost arrow)
    Smoke Screen(3 sec version)
    Vault(tumble)(I Vault a LOT lol )
    Sentry(Spitfire) Just for added DPS that doesnt cost Hatred
    Multishot(Fire at will).

I just breeze through Nightmare, even Extra health elites just die before i run out of discipline, basically you just do Elemental arrow on stronger enemies, Multishot on large groups and Hungering inbetween. I used Caultrops before, but since i found out Smoke Screen gives you complete immunity to everything, its almost a must.
    On the other thing, i feel like my Ruby in helmet is paying off and im just overleveling content, so i may have to swap things around on 60 lvl.
    And make sure you always get rare bow from AH every few levels, its like almost free.
    Just looking on the screenshot, you seem to have quite a lot magical equipment, go check AH, you might be pleasently surprised:-)
    P.S Not saying i didnt die few times on Nightmare, you will die if you play stupid and careless like me, especially on squishy class like DH, that is to be expected.
    Last edited by mmoc16a8f9d66b; 2012-05-17 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The damaging caltrops or the increased slow one + vault and multishot with the fire at will rune, steamrolled through nightmare with as little as 2500hp at some times, only swaping a few gems to bump it up on bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The build I'm running with is (I'm steam rolling nightmare, halfway through act 2)

Caltrops w/ Torturous ground rune
    Shadow power w/ Blood moon
    Fan of knives w/ retaliate
    Cluster arrow /w Shooting stars

Primary: Bola shot /w thunder ball (Very good for stunlocking single mobs, bosses etc and good aoe)
    Secondary: Elemental Arrow /w Frost arrow (A LOT of damage for little hatred, good slow)

Thrill of the Hunt
    Vengeance
    Archery

Swap your weapon gems with reds, try and get a bow for the 15% increased damage from Archery. Try to buy a new weapon from AH, it'll help a lot, I upgraded mine from a 23 bow to a 30 something and my damage shot up by around 200-300 (gemmed).

This build works well with templar, pretty much spam Elemental arrow, if it's a high hp single or need some hatred back use the bola shot, shadow power is self explanatory, i use that A lot, retaliate saves my ass A LOT when I get over crowded (Pop shadow power then fan of knives with retaliate) cluster arrow I use for fun/small packs, swap that around if desired.

Make sure your rings and amulet have +damage on them.
    Try to get +dexterity/+vitality gear for other pieces.
    Weapon should be whatever has the highest dps. At your level a bow and quiver is usually better than 1 hand crossbows.

As for skills, you don't have Vault or Smokescreen. I recommend taking both of them, and having at least one of them is a minimum. Later on Smokescreen is incredibly good. Vault won't always save you against Waller or Jailor mobs, but Smokescreen will.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the feedback guys Sadly there weren't any bows / xbows / hand bows in the AH right now (bug?) but I'll keep a eye open

EDIT: After trying out those builds you suggested and accidently aggroing a rare elite and a load of mobs (8) I succesfully managed to survive, even the red latency bar didn't slow me down too bad :P
    Last edited by mmocc7e5a2181f; 2012-05-17 at 11:33 PM.