Need to play music in other room

I workout in the room across my hall from where my computer is. I have a friend that comes over and lifts with me every time I lift. I used to just use my Sansa Clip MP3 player but since he comes over I can't listen to that while he has nothing.

What I've been doing is cranking my PC up and leaving both doors open. But with summer on the verge of hitting us I would like to keep that room's door shut so it stays nice and cool in there, plus my pregnant fiance doesn't always adore me when I have Five Finger Death Punch or Metallica making the house shake . I have a home stereo but it's huge and hooked up to my TV in the living room so I can't use that.

I need a cheap way to get sound in that room. Any ideas?

Are there universal docks w/ speakers for MP3 players? Like the Ipod Dock.

If you have questions about anything let me know, I'll refresh the page every 5 minutes or so.

TYVMIA

There are alot of universal MP3 docks like the Iod version. You should check any type of store that sells electronics, like target, bestbuy, and walmart i'm pretty sure they sell them.

15+ Year Old Account
    just buy computer speakers, plug the headphone jack into your mp3 player, and enjoy the music
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

An iHome iHM60 should do the trick. They're small, approx $20, but they're great for the price. And surprisingly loud, with great sound quality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-pla-_-NA-_-NA

And they can plug into any standard audio jack, just as the one on your computer or iPod/MP3, so they're great for your needs. Also, you recharge it by plugging it into powered USB on your computer. Super convenient and easy to keep charged.

Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    An iHome iHM60 should do the trick. They're small, approx $20, but they're great for the price. And surprisingly loud, with great sound quality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-pla-_-NA-_-NA

And they can plug into any standard audio jack, just as the one on your computer or iPod/MP3, so they're great for your needs. Also, you recharge it by plugging it into powered USB on your computer. Super convenient and easy to keep charged.
    Have you actually used them? I saw a cheapo version of these on an infomercial and it looked like junk..but then again all things on infomercial's look that way. Will it fill a room with sound? I'd hate to spend the money on it and have it not work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    just buy computer speakers, plug the headphone jack into your mp3 player, and enjoy the music
    Make sure the speakers are powered by a plug and not USB, and sure.

You got a few options : An iPod dock : these run you about 50 to 120 dollars
    A stereo with USB capability: these run you about the same
    An Xmini speaker : These are fairly cheap, around 20 dollars, can be chained together.

I can vouch for phillips stereos.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."