10+ Year Old Account

3/3 Blade Barrier worth it for Unholy pvp?

Is the 6% damage reduction worth it over the attack power increase from Bladed armor? Does it stack with your resilience %?

Currently I'm trying this spec out and I feel like I'm living a lot longer. It seems like a waste to me to even spend points in Bladed armor when I play Unholy as a Necrotic Strike bot.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jcZG0ooZfMcdcfzRRd

I'm thinking about even replacing some of my red gems for orange strength/resilience gems. I feel my DK gets trained way too hard by melee in arena and bgs that I think this will help...

Any thoughts about this or am I wasting my time?

I play much more frost then UH, but in my opinion it is not worth it. DK is the weakest of the melee when it comes to getting smacked on so I tend to focus on as much damage as I can. I also do not use orange gems as I would prefer to use the +str. But it should be said I use +67 resil in yellow and I am a JC and sit at about 5k resil. There is not a whole lot you can do to make yourself less rolled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I figured as much, thanks.

Well, if you're being completely annihilated in arenas then 6 % won't help you at all. If you're often dangerously low then yes sure. But I still don't think it's worth it really. About changing gems, if you've got over 4,8k resilience don't becuase it won't really do anything. If melee cleaves give you trouble remember to use Blood Presence from time to time when they connect to you and your healer is CC'd. Yes the 6 % damage reduction does stack with the resilience and armor damage reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Well, if you're being completely annihilated in arenas then 6 % won't help you at all. If you're often dangerously low then yes sure. But I still don't think it's worth it really. About changing gems, if you've got over 4,8k resilience don't becuase it won't really do anything. If melee cleaves give you trouble remember to use Blood Presence from time to time when they connect to you and your healer is CC'd. Yes the 6 % damage reduction does stack with the resilience and armor damage reduction.
    I read somewhere that resilience doesn't really have diminishing returns. The more you have, the better. I guess it doesn't mean anything for dks considering we get cleaved anyway. I'm wearing 5k resilience btw.

I'll try the Blood Presence strat. I hate dropping runic power as Unholy but it seems like its worth it. Thanks for the help.

No the more you get the less it does in regard to the resilience.

it's a good talent but you gotta give up stuff you need to get it so it's not worth it. you're still squishy as shit.

uh just needs a pocket healer or everyone will shit on you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    No the more you get the less it does in regard to the resilience.
    From the sticky at the top of the PvP subforum:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    TLDR: Resilience rating has diminishing returns, but the net effect of resilience has increasing returns.
    The more you have, the better it is.

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Is the 6% damage reduction worth it over the attack power increase from Bladed armor? Does it stack with your resilience %?
    It does indeed stack. If you post your character, I'll tell you how much resilience it's worth.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1