low spellweave procs on hm madness

tonight i was noticing them to be pretty low. is there anything i can do to up my chances of getting them?

Hey do you have any logs.
    Ans whats your spec. Here are a couple of tips :

The thing you should remember is that you have 1 top aoe spell and other tools to maximize that spellweave.

Locks : put all your dots and pet on corruption - when the bloods spwan, cast unstable affliction and agony on all of them (depending on the raid dps, you might just want to ua only), then when parasite is close spawning, soulburn seed of corruption, get a full set of dots on a blood (ua, agony and corruption) and soul swap to parasite when it spawns. Corruption will die during that time so you can move freely. Move closer to the bloods and shadowflame them. At this point of time, you should have ideally 4 dots ticking on all bloods (ua, corrup, agony, shadowflame). Now Rain of Fire and enjoy the huge procs.
    For last phase, keep your soulburns for bloods. So soulburn seed of corruption, shadowflame and rof.
    PS : demo is also viable. i have never tried it (maybe next week for fun). So for demo, its basically the same. The main difference are dots : cast immolate, corrup, shadowflame, immolation aura then rof. It relies a lot on meta so you have to make sure you have it up for bloods. So dont hesitate to hold on popping it.

i do the encounter as aff. our dps melts them so fast nothing has time to tick on the bloods. we do the 7 dps strat. we run 2 locks (aff and demo), ret pally, fire mage, surv hunter, combat rogue and enhance sham.

Deleted
    are we talking congealing bloods or corrupted bloods ?

corrupted bloods shouldnt an issue. Keep dots on arm +corruption, finish corruption though. UA and BoA on corrupted bloods is just meter padding, and if you are progressing you sould just focus on finishing the corruption as fast as possible. Fastest way to kill parasite is with spellweave, so we just dont touch bloods until parasite is up. focus on arm in that time. once parasite is up, soulburn SoC, shadowflame, Rain of Fire on the pack.

congealing bloods are much more tricky and their fast anihilation is dependant on raid comp. You have about 3-6 GCDs until they reach DW :
    Shadowflame (glyphed) Soulburn SoC and RoF is best you can do.

If you use DG on first platform, or do the trick with the 4th platform, you'll have infernal up for last phase. pop it just before the congealing bloods you have issues with come up.

Spellweave will be crap compared to firemages, other am not sure.

Here is a vid i made the other day. First kill, and a few tired mistakes (including the NOOOO 25 seconds in when i pop BoD and DG without DS or SB:SF ... -_-)

Last edited by mmoc8ee790e781; 2012-05-18 at 08:09 AM.

Deleted
    The most important thing to know is that neither Immolation Aura, nor Hellfire or any of our pets proc Spellweave. Yes, you read that right. Yes, this is a fucking joke. Now, I am assuming you are talking about the Congealing Blood adds in Phase 2, because the other adds can't be a problem if you manage to start AEing right after they healed. The Congealing Bloods are a little more tricky. Shadowflame is rather powerful for all specs if you manage to position yourself properly. Don't waste your Shadowflame to slow the first adds, you need it to proc Spellweave. I never played Affliction in that fight but from the way it looked I somehow doubt that SB+SoC is worth it. I don't think that the Corruptions applied by the SoC will tick and getting a decent spread with that SoC might be tricky as well. I would just Shadowflame and then spam Rain of Fire. With 25% less HP they are probably dieing to just the Hunters...

i do SC:SOC then ROF all the way cause the other AOEs dont proc spellweaves

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    i do SC:SOC then ROF all the way cause the other AOEs dont proc spellweaves
    You should listen to this guy, Soulburn: Seed of Corruption > Cast UA and Agony on everything > AoE using Rain of Fire > Roflul Spellweave

Yup, Soulburn: Seed of Corruption and UA/Agony, then Rain of Fire and Shadowflame if you're in melee range. However, if you're lazy or your raid is thoroughly destroying the bloods too quickly, RoF and Shadowflame alone proc pretty good amounts of Spellweave.

thats some of the issue ive been having. running 6-7 dps and the bloods getting anihilated before soulburn seed goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    thats some of the issue ive been having. running 6-7 dps and the bloods getting anihilated before soulburn seed goes off.
    I can see that in 10man, even in 25man sometimes ROF just thicks once and everything is already down, its the stupid 20% Hp nerf

Whenever I have to AOE something I always start with SoC with a Shadowflame right after that. When i play destro i will add a shadowfury to that and if it aint dead yet the other dpser suck no seriously on Madness i keep going with RoF but we generally have the small tentacles allready up before the adds are even targetable..

The 20% nerf isnt thought about at all. For example Spine, where we used 1 tank before and 1 Frost dk + blood pres near the end...
    Right now we are using 2 tanks since the tentacles just die and we has 2 adds up some times. (if your main tank takes them it will soak blood, thus 2 tanks)
    When i am on my ret, i usually tank one of them untill the explosion hits and then ill change to tendron

I remember something like this when we got the new hp pools and did Anub arak to get some new guildies the achievements