Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I could tell you guys why crafting is good but... Then I'd end up pissing in my own pockets so to speak.

Let's say I've made a lot of gold with it.

Okay what the hell... Just craft them yellow items and put em on the AH. Most of the time even ones with crappy stats sell for at least 10k gold or so. Just keep crafting even if you dont need them. I've gotten a few really good ones that have sold for approx 100k gold each. (Made a level 45 something belt with LOTS of Int and Vit, some Crit-rating, Health-globe thing and resistances for example).

And all that gold I made I've used for buying myself some goodies from the AH.

I've made a few of the lowest levels rares and had them sell for over 5000 gold on the ah.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    Like others have said, smithing gear is good for normal (1-30ish). After that its just too expensive to craft, when you could spend the same 10k gold on something on the AH with far superior stats. I can't really speak for 50+, but levels 30-50 smithing is a waste of gold.
    this goes to show you that people are too stupid to realize what their items are worth

Deleted
    I keep leveling up my crafters but very rarely use them. I've only crafted about 7 items so far and there was one barely decent one among them rest was crap I immediately salvaged again. I wanna max my crafters but I guess I will only start actually using them more often when I hit lvl 60 and possibly Inferno (41, Nightmare right now).

I don't really see the AH as an alternative right now, it's just ridiculously expensive for even mediocre gear. People are crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    i agree, so far i've crafted alot of piece and only got some half good one, better saving the money and seek some good one on th AH the crafting is too based on luck to be good.
    This, current state of crafting (not endgame since not there yet) is atrocious and terribly done. I am fine with RNG but often the items are fall less then good for my level. I know they not suppose to reward crafting much since its only to fill gaps but still.
    -K

1-20 It's awesome
    20-60 just buy off ah.
    60(inferno) back to crafting unless you want to pay millions.

With the current state of the AH being flooded with items way better than what you could craft per the gold price, BSing is not worth it at all.

JCing I can see as being more viable lategame as there are tiers you can only reach that way.

the good thing about crafting is that its account wide. so your lvl 1 alt can craft right away

I agree with most of you prolly isn't worth it much,unless you want the cow lvl. On act 4 a BS pattern randomly drops. It's called the staff of herding and it's used as part of other materials for the new cow lvl.

---------- Post added 2012-05-18 at 09:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    I could tell you guys why crafting is good but... Then I'd end up pissing in my own pockets so to speak.

Let's say I've made a lot of gold with it.

Okay what the hell... Just craft them yellow items and put em on the AH. Most of the time even ones with crappy stats sell for at least 10k gold or so. Just keep crafting even if you dont need them. I've gotten a few really good ones that have sold for approx 100k gold each. (Made a level 45 something belt with LOTS of Int and Vit, some Crit-rating, Health-globe thing and resistances for example).

And all that gold I made I've used for buying myself some goodies from the AH.
    The thing is most those items don't sell, I put some decent yellows on ah for 20k not one has sold. I check ah again next day there still ppl with stuff on ah for 100k gold and to hell if I'm paying anything onah for that much lol. And I doubt other ppl will too.

If they really wanted to make the blacksmith work well we would of been able to set the magic stat bonuses that we would get and let the bonus be random. For example I could say I wanted a Witch Doctor shoulder piece and I wanted hp regen, mp regen and chance to get magic items and the game randomized it so I had 1 regen mp, 2 regen hp amd 3% chance to get magic items.

That or at least let us set one stat and the other 2 random. That way if I am building a witchdoctor who uses '+2 yards to gold and globe pick ups' with '5% chance on each kill to raise zombie dog within 12 yards + x yards from gold/globe pick up bonuses' its not a crap shoot.

I hadn't found a good weapon yet, so I crafted an Axe for my Barb. It had +30 Str, + 35 Vit and Vampiric if i recall correctly. Game went from pot chugging and kiting to facerolling with that one crafted piece. Granted, I'm low level, 16, but that's what crafting is for. Use it to fill in a gap in your gear if needed. Is it absolutely required to play, not really

For the sake of obsessive completism it's 100% absolutely necessary!

Stated by Blizzard as "The main goal of the system is to help players supplement drops that they may not get while playing."