Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    QFT, grinding and contstant improvement is what it is all about, it's why if you watch any streams of kripp or others at the high end atm, all they are doing is running through dungeons looking for elite packs and killing bosses. All about the grind/gear improvement.

A lot of complaints from people who clearly had no idea what diablo was and bought the game based on hype from those who were genuinely excited for the game.
    Not trying at all....merely stating a fact. Diablo has been known as a grindy game, and it still is grindy, not as much as D1 and D2 (which I never played) but hung out with friends at school who showed it to me when I was at there house. Yes its about gear improvement OF COURSE, but gear improvement is from grinding. So it's a grind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    Personally I think 4-5 hours is a large amount of time to spend on one activity in one sitting. It is the majority of an evening after work, if you include eating and traveling to and from work its the large majority of the free time a working person have in the evening/night.

Im guessing you dont have any responsibilities in your life yet.
    I actually work for 8 hours, 9 to 6, then come home, if i dont have any actitivies planned with mates i play games, from 7/8 to 00/01am

And this was never a problem in wow for me, i could go all day...but diablo..gets a bit much sometimes..can`t exactly put my finger on..

To be honest I was quite disappointed in this game. I'd never played a Diablo game before, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Don't get me wrong, It's an OK game, but it gets WAY too much acclaim from gamers. It gets boring really fast, and after playing through normal mode I saw absolutely no reason to continue, let alone try HC mode.

The lack of control you have over your character also bugs me, but that might just be because I don't like click to move games. Somehow in WoW it feels more like you are in control of your character.

Makes me wonder why WoW players are always bashing the game, saying it sucks, but praising Diablo into the heavens where it clearly doesn't belong. IMO WoW is a far superior game quality-wise. Not trying to compare 2 completely different games in terms of gameplay, but there you have it.

Solo grind is boring, group grind is pointless. With this attitude you'll burn out in like 8 hours.
    Play this great online RPG, it's free!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post
    The lack of motivation I have to even level my character through the later difficulties amazes me. I see my friends grinding to 60, sleepless and for what? To grind some more? Seems pointless and a waste of my precious gaming time. Am I the only one who feels this way?
    The lack of motivation I have to even carry my character through Heroic Dragon Soul amazes me. I see my friends grinding Dragon Soul, sleepless and for what? To grind some more? Seems pointless and a waste of my precious gaming time. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Can be used for about every game in existence. Educate yourself about a game before purchasing it. Don't buy into hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    The lack of motivation I have to even carry my character through Heroic Dragon Soul amazes me. I see my friends grinding Dragon Soul, sleepless and for what? To grind some more? Seems pointless and a waste of my precious gaming time. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Can be used for about every game in existence. Educate yourself about a game before purchasing it. Don't buy into hype.
    This is why threads like this don't work. D3 fans will get upset because someone criticises their game and try to offend you.

Please let OP have his opinion.

Deleted
    It's like buying a Fiat 500 and then complaining that you can't give your 3 obese friends a lift to the airport.

Educate yourself before you purchase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    I been leveling 12 hours the first day and my hands are itching right now to start grinding! Beginning of Act 3, lvl 32 and still grinding
    U are lvl 32 at beginning of act 3?

The Diablo series is a grindy loot slot machine. It has been since the original game's creation. The endgame draws are the challenge of higher difficulty campaigns, Hardcore modes, and loot. (Probably PvP too as it was in D2, when they implement it.). in D3 there will also be the promise of real money and gold accumulation for said loot - something that was technically done in D2 too, but in a shady/against TOS kind of way.

It's understandably not for everyone but yeah, if an almost MMO like gear hamster wheel is not your thing you won't find much to keep you entertained after the normal campaign.

Deleted
    Mmm I'm pretty sure the only way to clear an act in less then a hour is to do that with an high lvl hero, that doesn't mean the game last 4 hours.

Why are so many people judging the content, length, playstyle and ease of gaming by achievements and world first types? If I twink myself out, ignore all the side quests, and steamroll the game it feels like it's about 1/3rd the length it should because I SKIPPED 2/3rds of the content. It's not rocket science.

By that logic, Diablo 2 was nothing but Tristram, Act 2, Mephisto and Baal Baal Baal Baal Baal. That's how it was for metagamers and MF grinders, but not for people who actually went through the campaign. Also, almost no one did that on their very first playthrough.

what d3 is supposed to be is an interactive story, with rpg elements to fill in the slow areas of the story.(if not prolong the story)not a grind as many people say.The reason why people bought the game was to see what's the deal with diablo this time and to be taken to many great locations , fight fantastic monsters.

If you have already played through the whole game and understand each part of it, then it's understandable that you lack the motivation to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by walexia View Post
    what d3 is supposed to be is an interactive story, with rpg elements to fill in the slow areas of the story.(if not prolong the story)not a grind as many people say.The reason why people bought the game was to see what's the deal with diablo this time and to be taken to many great locations , fight fantastic monsters.

If you have already played through the whole game and understand each part of it, then it's understandable that you lack the motivation to continue.
    Yes, if you consider this game as something that you finish once and forget about it. You don't have to grind, to have the amazing skills and insight about the mechanics. All you need is LMB, RMB and understanding how does the game work - normal mode is a thousand light years away from "hard", and you can complete the game with any gear, any build and not idea at all. It will be a one-time 10 hours journey, like any other game.

However, should you decide to carry on and continue playing through Nightmare, Hell and Inferno, you'll be entering the world of grind. Not immediately - Nightmare and Hell hardly require incredible gear, but on Inferno, you'll have to play your best game to progress. And that's when you'll start grinding.

I rememver really enjoying D2 and playing the hell out of it....not so much for D3. I got to level 5 on Tuesday then didn't play again until yesterday, getting to level 12. I'll probably skip a couple more days and try to get to 20. The game is pretty and all but meh, just running around killing shit for hours on end gets old pretty fast. I'll probably be more motivated to play when they implement this pvp/arena/whatever it is they're doing.
    I haven't researched enough of th egame, I got a few parts of act 1 done, then joined a friend who was towards the beginning of act one and then went back to solo and was exactly at the same part as my friend....which means I have to do all of these quests over again. I hope there's a way to go back to where I originally left off!

Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post
    The lack of motivation I have to even level my character through the later difficulties amazes me. I see my friends grinding to 60, sleepless and for what? To grind some more? Seems pointless and a waste of my precious gaming time. Am I the only one who feels this way?
    Isn't that suppose to be the gameplay hook of Diablo? The franchise and the genre is meant to appeal to those players who enjoy grinding for years & years. People chain cleared the same areas nearly 24/7 for 10 years in Diablo 2.

Yes, I would say grinding is the major gameplay aspect you are suppose to be excited for in the Diablo franchise & genre as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    I can only level for like 4..5 hours before i get bored and stop it to go watch a movie or family guy
    Wow on the other hand, i can level till i fall asleep even though visually it is more repetitive it is not as the same repetitiveness as diablo
    Still an awesome game though
    Wish it would be a bit more gothic and dark, iam no programmer and i could have made it better if i had such knowleddge
    I get burntout lvling characters on wow I have 6 85's and have taken a 3-4 month break of lvling in WoW. D3 on the other hand is refreshing. I wish I could stay up longer to lvl and explore before the Sandman Throws dust in my eyes, then I have to do RL shit RL sucks lol. I'm trying to save up my wow lvling energy for MoP so I won't get burntout lvling lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I rememver really enjoying D2 and playing the hell out of it....not so much for D3. I got to level 5 on Tuesday then didn't play again until yesterday, getting to level 12. I'll probably skip a couple more days and try to get to 20. The game is pretty and all but meh, just running around killing shit for hours on end gets old pretty fast. I'll probably be more motivated to play when they implement this pvp/arena/whatever it is they're doing.
    I haven't researched enough of th egame, I got a few parts of act 1 done, then joined a friend who was towards the beginning of act one and then went back to solo and was exactly at the same part as my friend....which means I have to do all of these quests over again. I hope there's a way to go back to where I originally left off!
    On your character select screen you have to check the quest you're currently on again to put yourself at your current progression quests. For example if I was on SK and my friend was on Cain, I'd have to rescue Cain with him, then on my character select under the hero list hit the quest tab and select "Skeleton King".

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    It's like buying a Fiat 500 and then complaining that you can't give your 3 obese friends a lift to the airport.

Educate yourself before you purchase.

This is SUCH a dumb argument.

Everyone knew roughly what kind of gameplay this game was going to sport, even if they didn't know exactly how everything is put together. Everyone heard great things, and now if people are disappointed because the game didn't live up to their expectations it's because they failed to educate themselves?

Delusional argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    Personally I think 4-5 hours is a large amount of time to spend on one activity in one sitting. It is the majority of an evening after work, if you include eating and traveling to and from work its the large majority of the free time a working person have in the evening/night.

Im guessing you dont have any responsibilities in your life yet.
    I heard people with real jobs can take off work and still get paid its this new thing in the United States for skilled intelligent people maybe you will figure it out one day.

Not to mention you can have a 9-5, a life, and still play without taking time off. It's called budgeting your time efficiently and knowing how to progress with the time you actually do have.