Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsiechu View Post
    I will not and most players i know will not as well.
    You play on a very secluded server then.... EVERYONE i get to know better in this game has at least one alt they use for backup raiding spots/fun/whoring up profs. Heck, i had my entire guild (biggest guild on allyside on my realm) baffled as why i didn't play any alt at all, and explained the advantages of them. Thank god they did that.
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2012-05-18 at 10:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    wow, on a forum that is basically 90% complaints and bitching about WoW, you have managed to create a thread in which your particular whine is universally derided. don't start the 'cheerleaders' bullshit either, look through the post history of anyone in this thread and you'll find plenty of negatives, I recognise the avatars. it just happens your complaint is so incredibly lopsided and unjustified that the community is uniting to show you just how unreasonable you're being.

it's hilarious to me too, the sheer hyperbole used in these threads; 'pathetic', 'hopeless', 'disgusting' etc. these words are usually reserved for child killings, not achievements in a video game.

the model is switching to account wide, so as a result they are introducing new achievements to reflect this. I like how you're being so selfish that you don't even consider that if someone else has 'wasted' the time to level one of each faction, they might deserve 10 achievement points for that. it's nice to acknowledge if someone does the content in this way, that's what achievements are for. all other achievements are by definition 'wastes of time and gold' as you call this one. maybe you want to focus on one character but I know people at 14k achievements points who are 8/8 Dragon Soul heroic for months and guess what? they are bored. here's motivation for them to play, don't act like such a bitch because the games not paced for your particular playstyle/playtime. jackass.
    It is 25 points and the 5 Classes one is even more. People who dont have 5+ chars on 2 faction will lose almost 100 achievement points if they don't spend money in faction change.

Deleted
    Level a char and delete it again if you don't want it. My only qualm is that I have all character slots at max level and would need to roll on another realm. I really don't see how it's going to make people change faction permanently or that it has anything to do with server imbalance.

---------- Post added 2012-05-18 at 11:10 AM ----------

It is 25 points and the 5 Classes one is even more. People who dont have 5+ chars on 2 faction will lose almost 100 achievement points if they don't spend money in faction change.
    Or you could you know, level 5 more classes, honestly if you're lucky with rares (which have a pathetic respawn now) it doesn't take more than a couple days, that's less time than a lot of other achievements I can think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, will the fact that you skip those particular achievements make you worse at pve or pvp? Im amazed at the level of stubborness you show. Achievements are a way of rewarding people for doing stuff. You're looking at achievements the wrong way.. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Hero of Shattrath

It is a Feat of Strength, i am doing it on my Main at the moment even though it awards no points. I like character progression more than running LFR on 10 chars, im just weird like that.
    I like spending time away from a computer screen, i'm wierd like that.

Seriously, you just admitted you play this game so much you likened time spent on character progression to time spent raiding on 10 characters, and you're complaining about the amount of time you need to spend leveling a char to 90? FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Again, will the fact that you skip those particular achievements make you worse at pve or pvp? Im amazed at the level of stubborness you show. Achievements are a way of rewarding people for doing stuff. You're looking at achievements the wrong way.. :/
    This is spot on. Achievements are, on themselves, a reward rather than a goal.

Now, if people are so serious about achievements to turn them into goals, surely they won't have a problem levelling X chars or whatever funky stuff the achievements would tell them to do. Nobody complained about how hard "The Insane" was (pre-Cata obviously) and this "Double Agent" achievement is a breeze in comparison. Just level a char when you're out of things to do on your main, and try to enjoy every bit of it. The achievement will come eventually.

A real Achievement would be see 5 other Characters in Exodar or Silvermoon City at the same time. That would be harder than leveling an alt to 85.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What is your problem? As far as i know, you aren't forced to do any achievment in game, in fact, you aren't forced to play this game at all
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

http://www.wowdb.com/achievements/73...nt#15689-15699

The one of the worst ideas from a Expansion riddled with bad ideas.

What is the next? Level all classes to 90? Level 50 chars to 90?

Cross realm zoning and this are pathetic gimmicks aimed at fixing the hopelessly broken Server imbalance, Low pop and Dead Servers problems.

Very stupid idea, what do you think?
    What's the big deal? Achievements are optional, Blizzard is not inviting you to roll both characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

It says you've been banned already, OP, but if the case you're reading this...

If achievements are account-wide(or going to be)...who is to say you can't have an Alliance and Horde server? I had it that way when I played: Burning Blade for all my Horde chars, and I think Thunderhorn or something for Alliance.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Deleted
    i think this is great, to have more achievements that fit the "account wide" criteria, an achievement that you actually have to accomplish on more than one character.

No reason to complain, its not like you HAVE to farm it...

They could ...lvl ? Your saying its those who have done this shouldnt have the achiev, because you dont want to do it..
    lvling 5 characters , on a different faction even, sounds time consuming and hard( hardly)...Kinda like an achievement to complete :-0
    Last edited by Myci; 2012-05-18 at 10:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    If you actualy cared about achievements you'd realize this one is easy. I could name 50 achievements currently in game that require more time then simply leveling an alt to max.

Don't like it, don't do it.

I'm not an achievement guy myself (my now main has 1.7K pts) but really?
    I imagine real life is hell for you.

I'd have the achievement today if it were unlocked.

Heck, I'd have them all.

It's no big thing.
    Last edited by Dalantia; 2012-05-18 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    What's the fuss exactly? And how on earth does this help on server imbalance, just because you level a char to max level doesn't mean you play it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why dear lordy are you complaining about this? Seriously?? People to play this game at its fullest, and for that they deserve some kind of reward. Some don't care about faction bias and will play either side and both if they want to.

This is just so pointless a thread, people who want to play both horde and alliance, and thats all there is to it.

Well it's not that big of an issue for me. I'll level my Horde main to 90, get reasonably well geared and try out some of the new features, etc. Then I'll get my Alliance toon to level 90 and play it occasionally whilst mainly playing my Horde main.

Just an easy 25 achievement points IMO for those people who already have an Alliance and a Horde 85.

I think the problem that some people are having with this change is a contradiction between maxing out one char and having several twink chars. Let me explain. Until now, people who were interested in doing achievements would usually spend most of their time on their main char. They like the feeling of having accomplished everything with this particular char. With the new changes in MoP, you will not have a maxed out char anymore but rather a maxed out account if you are aiming to accomplish everything. For me, this takes a big roleplaying aspect out of the game since i do not identify with my account but with my main char. He is the Conquerer of Worlds! Savior of Azeroth! Battlemaster! But he is not the one who maxed out every profession or leveled every class to 90... Just my two cents though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    There is an achievement to kill 15 Turkeys in 1 minute ... and your complaining about this ?

Why do people feel the need to find any reason to bitch about Blizzard.. can they never just do a good job ?
    Have to agree with this so much. This is an achievement and so if you don't like it, don't bother with it. Simple.

Deleted
    An achievement means you achieved something great or something alike. Achievements generally are meant to be a challenge, atleast in my opinion. I wouldn't mind Blizzard making an achievement for dinging all races to max lvl and all different classes.

Does an achievement actually mean something when the majority of the WoW population has the achievement? If you just want to farm the achievement points then thats good for you, work for it then.