Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

<20 Minutes before FB goes live on Stock Market

Are you going to buy shares?
    If Yes how many and why?
    If No why?
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Nope, Facebook is at the height of it's popularity. Buying shares now would be very risky.

Old God
    I'm not gonna buy, the company value is what... 100 times more then the actual profit they make.
    I don't think it's a very good idea to buy right now, where is the profit gonna come from? They can't just speak a magic word and make the company generate a ton of profit.

Not saying it's a bad buy though, just saying there is better ways to use your money.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I also would not risk it, especially with more than half of the users of Facebook not trusting it/the company/Zuckerface, I don't see it as a logical move for anyone really. I think a lot of people are ready to jump ship once something better comes along. (Sadly Google+ never caught on, they should have given it a more catchy name, baddies.) =/

I wont buy any, doubt FB will keep growing much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Except there was no Russian Invasion into Crimea.
    Not like Putin acknowledged it on national tv..

Facebook made 3-4 Billion US last year, mainly just from advertising. With wall street breathing down their necks now, we can expect to see alot more adverts on facebook now, so be ready.

If I were one of the people having stock valuations of $19 billion or something like that in Facebook, I'd ride the wave up for a few hours, then sell it all and throw it into something safe, like treasury bills. I see Facebook as highly risky.
    She was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean
    She was the best damned woman that I ever seen
    She had the sightless eyes, telling me no lies
    And knocking me out with those American thighs

Facebook may have reached market saturation, but it still has a lot of potential left in terms of becoming the service that companies use for their own user accounts. Why try and set up your own user system when you can tap into the vast service with great APIs to manage users. Spotify is a great example of this.

Facebook has listed on NASDEQ

At $38 per share
    it has gone to $42.

The early starters of Facebook are Megarich...

Awesome..

I hope facebook supports some sporting teams

Gotta have sporting sponsership
    as sitting on your arse all day with facebook is so un-healthy

I'd rather not support something as invasive as Facebook. I've always gotten bad vibes from social networking sites, considering just how much information they hold on to even after you choose to delete your account.

Worst decision in FB's history.

Nope, what I do hate myself for is not buying Apple stock back in the day. Facebook however is a bit different to predict what is going to happen, honestly not fussed about Facebook anymore.

maybe 2 years ago, but not now. i see grim days in the coming for facebook.
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

I've never bought stocks. I have no clue where to even go with it, and even if I did, my lack of experience would prevent me from buying just because I wouldn't know what to do. Therefore, I wouldn't want to risk my money at the (high) probability I'll screw up.

Image created by Brienna

It's far too late.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

Weight lost since 21st of June: 62kg/~136lb

internet would be better without fb, imo.

Lot's of idiots will be thinking "I use facebook and I think it's awesome. It's probably gonna go up because it's so awesome". Without understanding how the stock market works, and that the $38 IPO price is already pricing in a market value of $104 Billion. If you think the stock price is going to go higher, you also think the company is worth more than that.

For comparison, McDonalds' market value is $92 Billion, and Ford's market cap is $38 Billion. Is facebook worth almost three times the value of Ford?
    Last edited by Diurdi; 2012-05-18 at 03:59 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Lot's of idiots will be thinking "I use facebook and I think it's awesome. It's probably gonna go up because it's so awesome". Without understanding how the stock market works, and that the $38 IPO price is already pricing in a market value of $104,000,000,000. If you think the stock price is going higher, you also think the company is worth more than that.
    Absolutely this. This is a classic example of selling high. Unfortunately for the public, they are the ones buying high.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Lot's of idiots will be thinking "I use facebook and I think it's awesome. It's probably gonna go up because it's so awesome". Without understanding how the stock market works, and that the $38 IPO price is already pricing in a market value of $104,000,000,000. If you think the stock price is going to go higher, you also think the company is worth more than that.
    Of course, for every idiot like that, there's another person who doesn't see why facebook's worth anything because they don't understand the value of a massive captive audience.

Old God
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    Worst decision in FB's history.
    It's a pretty smart move actually, as they will be fucking rich.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...