Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

<20 Minutes before FB goes live on Stock Market

Are you going to buy shares?
    If Yes how many and why?
    If No why?
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    Nope, Facebook is at the height of it's popularity. Buying shares now would be very risky.

I'm not gonna buy, the company value is what... 100 times more then the actual profit they make.
    I don't think it's a very good idea to buy right now, where is the profit gonna come from? They can't just speak a magic word and make the company generate a ton of profit.

Not saying it's a bad buy though, just saying there is better ways to use your money.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also would not risk it, especially with more than half of the users of Facebook not trusting it/the company/Zuckerface, I don't see it as a logical move for anyone really. I think a lot of people are ready to jump ship once something better comes along. (Sadly Google+ never caught on, they should have given it a more catchy name, baddies.) =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    I wont buy any, doubt FB will keep growing much longer.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Facebook made 3-4 Billion US last year, mainly just from advertising. With wall street breathing down their necks now, we can expect to see alot more adverts on facebook now, so be ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were one of the people having stock valuations of $19 billion or something like that in Facebook, I'd ride the wave up for a few hours, then sell it all and throw it into something safe, like treasury bills. I see Facebook as highly risky.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Facebook may have reached market saturation, but it still has a lot of potential left in terms of becoming the service that companies use for their own user accounts. Why try and set up your own user system when you can tap into the vast service with great APIs to manage users. Spotify is a great example of this.

Facebook has listed on NASDEQ

At $38 per share
    it has gone to $42.

The early starters of Facebook are Megarich...

Awesome..

I hope facebook supports some sporting teams

Gotta have sporting sponsership
    as sitting on your arse all day with facebook is so un-healthy

Deleted
    I'd rather not support something as invasive as Facebook. I've always gotten bad vibes from social networking sites, considering just how much information they hold on to even after you choose to delete your account.

Worst decision in FB's history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, what I do hate myself for is not buying Apple stock back in the day. Facebook however is a bit different to predict what is going to happen, honestly not fussed about Facebook anymore.

maybe 2 years ago, but not now. i see grim days in the coming for facebook.
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

I've never bought stocks. I have no clue where to even go with it, and even if I did, my lack of experience would prevent me from buying just because I wouldn't know what to do. Therefore, I wouldn't want to risk my money at the (high) probability I'll screw up.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It's far too late.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

internet would be better without fb, imo.

Deleted
    Lot's of idiots will be thinking "I use facebook and I think it's awesome. It's probably gonna go up because it's so awesome". Without understanding how the stock market works, and that the $38 IPO price is already pricing in a market value of $104 Billion. If you think the stock price is going to go higher, you also think the company is worth more than that.

For comparison, McDonalds' market value is $92 Billion, and Ford's market cap is $38 Billion. Is facebook worth almost three times the value of Ford?
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2012-05-18 at 03:59 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Lot's of idiots will be thinking "I use facebook and I think it's awesome. It's probably gonna go up because it's so awesome". Without understanding how the stock market works, and that the $38 IPO price is already pricing in a market value of $104,000,000,000. If you think the stock price is going higher, you also think the company is worth more than that.
    Absolutely this. This is a classic example of selling high. Unfortunately for the public, they are the ones buying high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Lot's of idiots will be thinking "I use facebook and I think it's awesome. It's probably gonna go up because it's so awesome". Without understanding how the stock market works, and that the $38 IPO price is already pricing in a market value of $104,000,000,000. If you think the stock price is going to go higher, you also think the company is worth more than that.
    Of course, for every idiot like that, there's another person who doesn't see why facebook's worth anything because they don't understand the value of a massive captive audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    Worst decision in FB's history.
    It's a pretty smart move actually, as they will be fucking rich.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...