Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tallibear View Post
    well lets face it, its not the first time hes exploited and it wont be the last. Remeber when wrath came out and he got banned, guess what it was for exploiting, even when a GM was stood there telling them not to do what they were doing the way they were doing it, they still continued.

He's nothing but an Asshat who likes the lime light, hes not even that good a player, he just thinks he's good because he can work out how to do something the way it was not intended to be done then claim the credit. He's not capable of doing things the way they were intended cause thats not his stuple.
    Where do u get that info from? They asked a GM if it was okey to do this and got an confirmation from the GM that it was okey. And when they was 79 they got reset to 70. Why are you talking about things you clearly have no clue about?

OnT- We can't decide if it's an exploit of not. Blizzard has their own definition and will handle after that. I think many people here feel a bit jelly for Athene since he always think outside the box and do some crazy smart things. The mission was world first 60 and he clearly would have got it. They used class mechanics very smart. Accept it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tallibear View Post
    well lets face it, its not the first time hes exploited and it wont be the last. Remeber when wrath came out and he got banned, guess what it was for exploiting, even when a GM was stood there telling them not to do what they were doing the way they were doing it, they still continued.

He's nothing but an Asshat who likes the lime light, hes not even that good a player, he just thinks he's good because he can work out how to do something the way it was not intended to be done then claim the credit. He's not capable of doing things the way they were intended cause thats not his stuple.
    I didn't really follow athene, or any other world first competitors for that matter. So I'm fairly unbiased. I've watched the video about him "pulling out", and this really doesn't seem close to an exploit. Sure, it's a setup that should never have made it into live, and it's great that it's fixed. There was no bug to exploit, though. And in all fairness, he wasn't a dick about it when they got nerfed, at least in that movie. I probably would be after all that effort

The way he was levelling in wotlk is a different story.

In the end, people shouldn't make such a big deal out of this. Internet personalities like athene just act like they do because that's what their fans want to see. That doesn't make them bad people.

You don't think Francis is like that in real life, either. Do you?
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    He sounds like a wanna be gamer, almost like he hacked his own name.

Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    The exploit is not that they can chain abilities together, its that monks can chain cast spirit abilities with infinite spirit regeneration because one of the runes is not functioning correctly - it is essentially giving them infinite spirit. Combine this with a spirit ability with 0 cooldown that puts a 15% hp shield on the entire party...you can see how that works out.
    That's not what they were using at all. They had 5k health in that video, a 15% shield wouldn't do shit.