10+ Year Old Account

Zandalari and the Mogu

Saw this on the front page this morning and found it curious:

"Gara'jal the Spiritbinder - Leader of the Zandalar trolls' assault on the vaults, Gara'jal is determined to crack open this trove of ancient mystery and bring back whatever arcane power and knowledge he can find. Gifted with dark talents and surrounded by a loyal cadre of Zandalar mystics, he has broken through the outer walls and will not rest until the vaults belong to him."

If I recall, Blizzard said that the Zandalari and the Mogu were allies against the Pandaren long ago.

Why would trolls be in the Vaults trying to steal the power of their allies? Has something caused their alliance to sour or even fall apart? Does this set up the potential for an alliance with the Mogu against the Zandalari, perhaps in a future patch? Are there any quests expanding on this relationship?
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-05-16 at 08:37 PM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    My understanding is that what Mogu we run into are the last degenerate remnants of their society, ergo less "allies" of the Zandalari and more like "hindrances" at this point. The Zandalari are content to salvage what they can from their old allies and leave the stragglers to their fate.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

When the players attack the Mogu, it causes a lot of commotion, naturally. The Zandalari were probably visiting at the moment, but decided to use the commotion to sabotage their allies' vaults and grab what they can.
    Filter the nonsense and laugh at what's left.

Deleted
    They're merely a stepping stone towards a greater goal: A troll expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    They're merely a stepping stone towards a greater goal: A troll expansion...
    Hell, no. I mean, what hidden race of trolls is left for us to discover? Space trolls? Air trolls?

We'll find out that N'Zoth or some other Old God (wasn't Hakkar somewhat related to the Old Gods?) is behind EVERYTHING the trolls have done, we defeat it and kill the troll leader, as usual, then we MOVE ON to something important. These punny slaves are more worthless than goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Hell, no. I mean, what hidden race of trolls is left for us to discover? Space trolls? Air trolls?
    Internet Trolls.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Internet Trolls.
    The only way to win against those is to ignore them. If they ever make a Internet Troll Raid, the trick will be to not go there!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way to win against those is to ignore them. If they ever make a Internet Troll Raid, the trick will be to not go there!
    Loot will come once a week by mail.
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark trolls and Zandalari trolls have had little to no real lore. Both are more than capable of providing for an expansion.
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    My understanding is that what Mogu we run into are the last degenerate remnants of their society, ergo less "allies" of the Zandalari and more like "hindrances" at this point. The Zandalari are content to salvage what they can from their old allies and leave the stragglers to their fate.
    this the mogu we see are just the survivors and the knowledge left behind by them is more valuable for the zandalari than an alliance with a dead empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    this the mogu we see are just the survivors and the knowledge left behind by them is more valuable for the zandalari than an alliance with a dead empire.
    This so hard.
    I'm personally holding out hope that the Zandalari will be a secondary, growing threat in this expansion. Then the next expansion have them be the major threat. perhaps a South Sea expansion where we go island to island fighting to stem the Zandalari's attempts to establish a new troll empire. Could even see the Dark Trolls make another appearance to assist the PC's. So you'd have the Dark Trolls Shatterspear, Revantusk, and Darkspear allied with the PC's against the Zandalari and basically all the other troll tribes on Azeroth. I'd spend an expansion price on that, especially if the Dark Troll presence means we get to go underground and see the extent of the WoW equivalent of the "Underdark". How much of Azjol'Nerub got cut out of Wrath?

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Dark trolls and Zandalari trolls have had little to no real lore. Both are more than capable of providing for an expansion.
    [METZEN]Aren't Dark trolls... dead?[/METZEN]

I recall someone said some Dark trolls lived below Kalimdor but the Cataclysm killed the few that were left. And they don't seem to be much smarter than the average hobgoblin, an expansion around them would be as interesting as an expansion about kobolds. World of Warcraft: The Untaken Candle.

Zandalari trolls seem to be a tool of something way more powerful, they could work as side enemies while we get to serious business, they already did that in 4.1.

But as the new main threat of Azeroth? No way. Their army can't be that big or powerful (they live in a relatively small island), they would need more Old God corrupted allies to be worth an expansion, and then they would be like the Drakkari.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Internet Trolls.
    Blizzard has secretly been activating our webcams for years and snapping pictures of us during raids. We will become raid bosses. Fap faces everywhere.

Deleted
    Maybe next expansion includes Zandalari as a main threat and Azshara & nagaz yo as their allies. Does not sound bad imo.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2012-05-18 at 03:54 PM.

aren't the vaults just ruins?

According to Cory Stockton of Blizzard in March 2012: "In this raid you're actually fighting more of a ghost side of the Mogu. So as where you would be fighting living Mogu in the dungeon, here you will see a ghost version."

so basically the trolls are invading old mogu ruins to try getting their old allies' secrets to themselves. they aren't attacking the real mogu lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.