Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Arena of Annihilation

The Arena of Annihilation

Apparently this is the new Ring of Blood (Amphitheater of Anguish or Crucible of Carnage).

The difference is: It's a scenario. You can actually queue for it and redo it as many times as you wish for!

I hope they do the same to the old "Rings of Blood"
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I like this idea, prevents micro-e-peen "pvpers" from griefing people doing the quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

The question is, once you've completed the quest, does the arena give you any reward?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Ah, I can still remember running fights out of a muddy hole in the ground back in Nagrand."

Ah yes, back in the day. Glad they bring these back with each expansion. Crucible of Carange on Cataclysm launch was really fun. Kept ganking the Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The question is, once you've completed the quest, does the arena give you any reward?
    maybe there are drops from the fights, but you'll get some VP from scenarios for sure, so yes. unless something changes, you'll get some reward for doing them again

Wait, the new Ring of Blood is a scenario... so I can do it over and over again AND make progression? So awesome.

On a related topic, is the MoP beta completely empty right now due to D3? Essentially everyone who has the beta also owns D3 thanks to the annual pass, seems like that'd be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    I like this idea, prevents micro-e-peen "pvpers" from griefing people doing the quests.
    Yes, make comments about phallic compensation in regards towards pvp on a pvp realm of a fantasy RPG.

"Player versus Player (PvP) realms are specifically designed to allow open combat between members of the Horde and the Alliance factions. ...If this does not sound like an appealing gameplay experience, it is strongly recommended that you select a Player versus Environment (PvE) realm"
    http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...-server-policy

Micro- epeen JERKS!YAR!RABLERABLE!
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    On a related topic, is the MoP beta completely empty right now due to D3? Essentially everyone who has the beta also owns D3 thanks to the annual pass, seems like that'd be the case.
    Yeah, seems to be the case. When the raiding content opens up they will be flooded.

Just a quick question. Scenarios are nothing like challenge modes are they? I was under the impression challenge modes were dungeons tailored for 2 players to be able to do together. I guess that's not true since they're just timed dungeon runs. Are scenarios just 2 or 3 man? I'm going to assume the challenge mode sets are NOT from scenarios for obvious reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Just a quick question. Scenarios are nothing like challenge modes are they? I was under the impression challenge modes were dungeons tailored for 2 players to be able to do together. I guess that's not true since they're just timed dungeon runs. Are scenarios just 2 or 3 man? I'm going to assume the challenge mode sets are NOT from scenarios for obvious reasons.
    Scenarios are instanced areas that do not require a tank/healer/dps, they are like PvE battlegrounds and are designed to replace group quests. This is one example they showed at Blizzcon. They have said "a few players" and the rewards from scenarios are valor points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! I've leveled a few characters to 85 recently and each has stopped at the Crucible of Carnage in TH. It was almost guaranteed we would get something similar in MoP; I've just been wondering what it would be. I like it being a scenario; I won't have to spam Trade/General to get a half-decent group together.

Just to expand on what MMOTotal already stated: They will be for 2-3 people; and do not require any particular group make-up (tank/healer/DPS). They will be queued for, much like LFD and LFR. They do not offer any special rewards, aside from typical dungeon/quest gear I would imagine. They do however, have their own achievements.

Challenge Dungeons on the other hand, are basically hardcore 5-mans. As such, they require a tank, healer, and DPS. Depending on the rank you obtain, which is based on how long you take to complete the dungeon, you will be awarded with pets, gear, titles, achievements, and a mount. An interesting thing to note is that these special dungeons will normalize everyones gear, so every single group/player/role will be going in with the exact same gear/stats. Blizzard has said that all 9 MoP dungeons will 'Challenge Mode' enabled. They are especially hard too, being a step above Heroic difficulty.
    Last edited by Vidur; 2012-05-17 at 05:21 PM.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Challenge modes and scenarios are two different things. As you said challenge modes are normalized dungeon (can't be over or undergeared) timeruns with a 5 man group for which you can't queue.

Scenarios on the other hand are something similar to dungeons just with the difference that you can queue for them and that you don't need a special composition of players and therefore there shouldn't be waiting times. Another difference is that there might be different sizes for groups of 1, 3 or 5 players. At the moment nobody really knows if that's still the plan because at Blizzcon they said that scenarios will be available for low level too but at the press tour I think they said that they will only be available at level 90.

Quote Originally Posted by bot v2.38beta View Post
    Yes, make comments about phallic compensation in regards towards pvp on a pvp realm of a fantasy RPG.

"Player versus Player (PvP) realms are specifically designed to allow open combat between members of the Horde and the Alliance factions. ...If this does not sound like an appealing gameplay experience, it is strongly recommended that you select a Player versus Environment (PvE) realm"
    http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...-server-policy

Micro- epeen JERKS!YAR!RABLERABLE!
    A max level character ganking people doing CoC who can't defend themselves isn't world PvP. Furthermore, people who have the skill to compete against equally geared/experienced players don't typically waste their time griefing players that don't offer any challenge: this is the point I was making with my post. Agree or disagree, doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

I welcome this change to be honest. Depending on the server it can be really difficult to find people to do the ring of blood style quests so this should ease the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is an EXCELLENT idea, gotta say I'm really liking the sound of 'scenarios' and I really hope they have some kind of item reward at the end, maybe only for the first clear?

gotta say MoP is shaping up to be an excellent Expac, lots of small 'quality of life' changes that make a HUGE difference.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry OP to keep the topic, off topic.

But are any of the scenarios available to play yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Sorry OP to keep the topic, off topic.

But are any of the scenarios available to play yet?
    I don't know because I'm not at beta, but I believe there will be a scenario on live right before MoP about theramore's destruction

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Agree or disagree, doesn't matter.
    You're right, it doesn't matter. I won't change your mind based on a forum post, but you are wrong. Your statements are biased and composed of false conjectures.

What you mean is that "max lvl killing low lvl" isn't honorable... well it isn't, that doesn't mean it's not "world pvp"

"Actions that would typically be considered "dishonorable" are considered legitimate PvP tactics"

Here's an analogy.

In the 18th century wars in the western world were fought "honorably" by lining up in rows and shooting at each other but now we can use airplanes to devastate a whole region. Both are still examples of war even if you don't "like" the way of them is done.

people who have the skill to compete against equally geared/experienced players don't typically waste their time griefing players that don't offer any challenge
    I have 2k+ experience (not the best by any means but still higher than average) and kill lowbies and under geared players all the time. I chose to play on a pvp server just like the players, that I kill, made a choice.

Here's 1 more quote from Blizzard about pvp servers. I will highlight the major points.

"By choosing to play on a PvP server, you have chosen to move the game difficulty slider from "Easy" to "Hard." While this makes attaining any goal all the more satisfying, expect the road to be paved with sorrow."

Edit:

BTW: I'm not trying to convince you to agree that an 85 killing a lvl 20 is "honorable" nor am I trying to get you to condone it. What I am doing is explaining how that stuff is allowed to happen on a pvp server.
    Last edited by bot v2.38beta; 2012-05-18 at 02:09 AM.
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bot v2.38beta View Post
    BTW: I'm not trying to convince you to agree that an 85 killing a lvl 20 is "honorable" nor am I trying to get you to condone it. What I am doing is explaining how that stuff is allowed to happen on a pvp server.
    Can't reason with PvE heroes. They have a natural hatred of PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothean View Post
    Can't reason with PvE heroes. They have a natural hatred of PvP.
    Lol you cant call that pvp. Well you can, but not really pvp since the lv20 wouldnt have a chance in hell. You can only call it pvp tbh if its close levels, Where you actually cant be a mindless idiot who cant play