Thread: DP port??

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

DP port??

So i was looking around and noticed that one of my monitors is connected with a HDMI cable, and the other with a VGA cable and i'm almost certain that since the other one is connected with the VGA i don't get the full HD usage out of it ( may be wrong though ) and i have 3 ports the VGA port, DP port & the HDMI port, so i was wondering is the DP port HD? or something i've never really seen it and i checked at the back of my monitors and none of them seem to support the DP port, can i simply get an adapter DP to HDMI? or can i swap the ports over is it an easy process if i just open up the computer? ( very noobish btw i've only looked in my computer a few times to put ram sticks in etc. )

any suggestions or help much appreciated.

VGA is as HD as HDMI or DP. The only difference is in the way the signal is sent. VGA is analog and HDMI/DP is digital. Since you have digital panels, the pixels might be more "accurate" with HDMI/DP than VGA but tbh, normal human eye can't really see the difference.

Also, no you can't "switch" the ports inside. You CAN get an adapter from DP to hdmi if you want but like I said, in the end you probably won't see the difference.

Deleted
    There are DP -> HDMI adapters available for $10-20.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohkay View Post
    VGA is as HD as HDMI or DP. The only difference is in the way the signal is sent. VGA is analog and HDMI/DP is digital. Since you have digital panels, the pixels might be more "accurate" with HDMI/DP than VGA but tbh, normal human eye can't really see the difference.

Also, no you can't "switch" the ports inside. You CAN get an adapter from DP to hdmi if you want but like I said, in the end you probably won't see the difference.

ahh okay so if you have one with VGA & the other with HDMI there is a slight difference but really so small you can't even notice it? that's cool thanks for the hand with that guys.