"Failed to update tools"

Anyone else getting this error? I go to start the game, then the "Checking for updates" window appears for a little bit. Launcher opens, "Play" button greyed out and no progress/download bar. After 30-60 seconds, it pops up "Failed to update tools" and closes the launcher.

Would have asked this on official forums, but us.battle.net appears to be down, right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Yup.

D3 website is also down. POS game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Anyone else getting this error? I go to start the game, then the "Checking for updates" window appears for a little bit. Launcher opens, "Play" button greyed out and no progress/download bar. After 30-60 seconds, it pops up "Failed to update tools" and closes the launcher.

Would have asked this on official forums, but us.battle.net appears to be down, right now.
    So too is EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah there is a major outage right now. No Blizzard games or services are up & running.

Appearently the entire branch of DNS internet naming servers that hosts / redirects the internet to Blizzards (amongst other) websites has up and died, which is making it pretty much impossible for you to connect to any Blizzard related services you were not already connected to.

I guess someone at Blizzard forgot to pay the bill for their battle.net namespace.

Sky = Falling. Hopefully it's only for a short time. Was planning on doing weekly firelands today for another 40 or so smouldering essences, and I'm 180/250 :< Sky really is falling! D: