Deleted

Making Money through transmogrifier sets!

Hello, I always have had trouble making money in World of Warcraft and I just couldn't push myself to farm instances / nodes or whatsoever for long than 30 minutes. After a while I noticed on the auction house that people were spending quite a lot of money to purchase their own Transmogrify sets.
    So I tried to get the hold on a set and my first set I got and sold was: [Sorcerer Regalia]. I farmed it through instances on my level 43 Warlock over at Twisting Nether and sold it for an amazing 1000 Gold. I thought it was pretty crazy to make thát much gold on a level 43. I was wrong, Since I could've sold it for 10k Gold.
    What has this all to do with you? Easy, I'm trying to make my first guide about how to make gold in World of Warcraft. Since I have had a lot of difficulties with gathering gold myself and I couldn't find any guide about this (Except for some merchanting guide, Not farming ones). So I'm starting off with the first farming spots I do on my main nowadays.

Blasted Lands rare spawn sets.

There are quite some rarespawns in the Blasted lands. These rarespawns make it way easier to gather these sets rather than farming instances over and over again. These runs take about 5 to 10 minutes and you'll normally do those about once an hour, Depending on which spawns you've gotten.

The sets you can get from these spawns are:

[Abjurer Regalia]
    [Cabalist Garb]
    [Chieftain's Garb]
    [Crusader's Mail]
    [Duskwoven Regalia]
    [Gossamer Regalia]
    [Gothic Plate]
    [Heavy Lamellar Plate]
    [Lord's Mail]
    [Mystical Regalia]
    [Overlord's Plate]
    [Revenant Plate]
    [Righteous Garb]
    [Swashbuckler's Garb]
    [Warmonger's Mail]

Why I advice doing this run:

This run is fairly easy to do, You just follow the route once an hour / every two hours and you gather a set pretty quickly. Depending on the server you're on you can make about 10k gold every week for just 10 minutes a day ( Depending on luck ).

What to do.

What you do is follow this round from the starting point 'til the end. The best way to get here is to get the portal to the dark portal from your main city. The points where the rares spawns are, are marked.

This route you follow with spamming the following macro:

/tar Mordak
    /tar Narixxus
    /tar Teremus
    /tar Akubar
    /tar Blackleaf
    /tar Deatheye
    /tar Grunter
    /tar Magronos
    /tar Ravage
    /tar Cassia
    /tar Spiteflayer
    /tar Dreadscorn
    /tar Clack
    /tar Mojo

Every rare spawn drops one of the items from a set and a [Imperfect Draenethyst Fragment] or a [Flawless Draenethyst Sphere] (50/50 chance). These items will give you a quest you can repeat over and over again which will lead you to Kum'isha the Collector. This is a mob which is marked yellow on the map. He will give you a bag (Depending on which gem you have) which contains another piece. The Flawless Draenethyst Sphere will give a bag which contains a rare quality (blue) item and sometimes can contain a common (green) quality item.

Farm this 10 minutes a day, hand in the quest items and you can make a lot of money per week.

Aurora Regalia

This Aurora Regalia is one of the most wanted cloth transmog sets overall. This is because the set doesn't drop that much and it has an unique coloring on the set. There is no replica to the shoulders which have the same coloring. That's why some people use this set to show off their wealth.

The Aurora Regalia is because of that also expensive and sells well.

Why I advice doing this farm

If you actively want to farm money with a bit of RNG, I advice doing this. This is pretty much a farm-heavy set and will give you a lot of silk cloth along the way. Silk cloth sells decently and will bring up some money if RNG isn't by your side.

What to do

This set drops it's pieces at two different spots. Scarlet Monastery and Uldaman. I advice doing Uldaman because you can pull the whole instance (which is more mobs) and then kill it. You can do the same in SM but you will have more trouble with the dungeon lockout (5 dungeons each hour) than with Uldaman.

What you do is, You pull the whole instance, You kill everything, You loot everything, Reset the instance and doing it all over again. It's pretty much a standard grind which can be rewarding but you're not assured of Aurora pieces that drop.

Mind this: Before starting this, I would advice you to check out the prices on the Aurora set because it can vary on servers. If it's too low then I wouldn't advice you to do this.

Thanks for reading this guide I will make more guides about other wanted sets.
    Last edited by mmoc5886693a05; 2012-05-19 at 11:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fantastic guide, going to start on this tonight !

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    This route you follow with spamming the following macro:

/tar Mordak
    /tar Narixxus
    /tar Teremus
    /tar Akubar
    /tar Blackleaf
    /tar Deatheye
    /tar Grunter
    /tar Magronos
    /tar Ravage
    /tar Cassia
    /tar Spiteflayer
    /tar Dreadscorn
    /tar Clack
    /tar Mojo
    You can also make your life just a bit easier if you download NPCScan and save the creatures' IDs in it.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    You can also make your life just a bit easier if you download NPCScan and save the creatures' IDs in it.
    Doesn't that require deleting your cache every time, or has that changed since I last used it?

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Doesn't that require deleting your cache every time, or has that changed since I last used it?
    Yep, you need to delete the cache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a nice method. I've used it a lot of times, but that was when we didn't even know what transmogging was :P Some of the greenies de into valuable stuff. But I mainly did it for the treasure chests in the zones. They have a small chance of containing Orbs of Deception, which sell for 3-7k on my realm.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Venomshroud from lvl 50 dungeons. Venomshroud mask sells for anywhere from 2k-6k. I sold one for 10k but that may have just been a fluke.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    I personally don't like NPCscan because it gives me a heart attack every single time it pops. Plus it sometimes messes up my other addons with errors etc. But if it works for others I'd say do so

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    This is a nice method. I've used it a lot of times, but that was when we didn't even know what transmogging was :P Some of the greenies de into valuable stuff. But I mainly did it for the treasure chests in the zones. They have a small chance of containing Orbs of Deception, which sell for 3-7k on my realm.
    The rare spawn which holds the Orb ( Skarr the Broken ) is still there, he just changed his name and moved away from the arena to a place at the top-right in feralas. I kill this one often just to get the orb dropped. It hasn't dropped yet but I've only done about 30 kills so far.

Lately I've been farming rare spawns which are higher than level 40 a lot, Just for the drops.
    Last edited by mmoc5886693a05; 2012-05-19 at 06:38 PM.

While your route is okay, it does miss several rares. Some digging around and WoWhead research confirms that this is the layout of all possible rares in the Blasted Lands.

Edit: #6 and #7 are underground. Probably more.
    Last edited by Alsompr; 2012-05-19 at 07:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    While your route is okay, it does miss several rares. Some digging around and WoWhead research confirms that this is the layout of all possible rares in the Blasted Lands.

*snip*
    Ye I indeed forgotten some rares in the northern part to point out but it's on the route. Number 11 and 13 I normally don't do because of the low spawn rate. (Though it's inside the macro). Thanks

@kuja: Love your guides man
    Last edited by mmoc5886693a05; 2012-05-19 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    Ye I indeed forgotten some rares in the northern part to point out but it's on the route. Number 11 and 13 I normally don't do because of the low spawn rate. (Though it's inside the macro). Thanks
    Happy to help!

I figure with so much downtime in this farm, checking the more rare areas still isn't a bad idea. Just takes a slight modification of the last stretch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Happy to help!

I figure with so much downtime in this farm, checking the more rare areas still isn't a bad idea. Just takes a slight modification of the last stretch.
    That's also true. xD