Deleted

Real Money Auctions , price range?

Since i havent bought D3 yet i would like to know how the real money sales or going on , what are the price ranges , anyone of you sold an item or bought with real money ?

sry for typos.

Pretty sure the RMAH is still offline.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment I believe it is offline. I know that the max amount is $250, but I don't know of a minimum

No RMAH till the end of May according to the message when you try to access it.

It'll be offline till the 22nd. My predictions though based on item saturation in the gold AH is there will be an insane hike between common rare items/subpar legendaries and good endgame gear, with the latter costing a good amount and the rest being worthless.

Deleted
    I predict only level 60 items and gold being sold there. If people need low level items, they will just buy gold and then purchase them from the gold auction house

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    At the moment I believe it is offline. I know that the max amount is $250, but I don't know of a minimum
    Minimum is $1.25, and I believe Blizz takes a $1.00 transaction fee out of every equipment sale (or 15% of the sale price for 'commodities' by which I assume they mean crafting mats).

http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...-functionality
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/...se/how-to#fees
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    It'll be offline till the 22nd. My predictions though based on item saturation in the gold AH is there will be an insane hike between common rare items/subpar legendaries and good endgame gear, with the latter costing a good amount and the rest being worthless.
    In their apology letter to the community for the rough D3 launch, they mentioned that they will be pushing the RMAH back further than the 22nd in order to focus on resolving network issues. No ETA mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

this is one part i'm quite interested to see, i was sceptical that any item would go for over $5 but i guess it really depends on the time it takes to get a decent unique, i'd be surprised if anything but the rarest of items go for over $10.

its interesting because the only other game i know of that incorporates real money with in game assets is eve, but the actual worth is really low, in eve your looking at playing for 10 or more hours to earn $15 unless you run an army of accounts even then the run cost doesn't scale that well. its considerably worst than minimum wage in probably the poorest of countries.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2012-05-18 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    this is one part i'm quite interested to see, i was sceptical that any item would go for over $5 but i guess it really depends on the time it takes to get a decent unique, i'd be surprised if anything but the rarest of items go for over $10.

its interesting because the only other game i know of that incorporates real money with in game assets is eve, but the actual worth is really low, in eve your looking at playing for 10 or more hours to earn $15 unless you run an army of accounts.
    Yeah, essentially. I plan on trying my hand at making a few bucks, but I'm certainly not looking to pay any bills or anything. If I can clear the $15 a month for my WoW subscription without having to play D3 24-7, I'll call it good and be satisfied with my profits. If I can make anything beyond that, that's just gravy.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Yeah, essentially. I plan on trying my hand at making a few bucks, but I'm certainly not looking to pay any bills or anything. If I can clear the $15 a month for my WoW subscription without having to play D3 24-7, I'll call it good and be satisfied with my profits. If I can make anything beyond that, that's just gravy.
    Exactly what I plan on doing. Maintain WoW sub through Diablo = pure win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Exactly what I plan on doing. Maintain WoW sub through Diablo = pure win.
    oooooooooooh. I like that idea. shouldn't be too hard to do either, provided people are shelling out real cash.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

The gold AH has been having issues so pretty sure they want to clear that up before they put in RMAH. The RMAH is hugely controversial and I'm sure they want to make sure they get it as bug free as they can because of all the scrutiny it's going to get.