10+ Year Old Account

(Spoilers) Diablo is damn hard in Hell.

As Barb, 1st phase is fairly easy but once you get to the second phase, oh god that is insanely OP.... the adds on its own are hard hitting since you do 1-2 hits and move away ... 15mins fight + incm :3

Any tips? (Dual Wielding Barb). How did you find it?

Edit: In Final phase :3
    Last edited by Mister K; 2012-05-18 at 08:39 PM.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tried that mode yet, but I suspect you might survive more with a shield? Chance to block + block amount would probably increase survivability at that point

What build do you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I agree, the jump from normal to nightmare is like a pebble compared to going into hell. I'd suggest grabbing a shield for a bit. I always focused on cc'ing the adds in the second phase to be successful
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Are you still able to chain-pot in D3? I'm sure more people than just I would 'set up' piles of pots while fighting difficult encounters of D2... But could it help in 3?

Before engaging, empty all potions from your belt in a pile, then portal back and buy a full set once again.
    Return, and set up 5, 6, 10, piles of 9+ potions, so that once you've entered combat, you can consume all from your belt, then move from pile to pile - quickly picking up all that you're able; rinse, repeat....
    This way it gives you several times more than just what you're able to carry in your belt. Again, I haven't played 3 yet - so I'm not sure that would still work
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    What build do you use?
    Got him to 5-10% final phase .. run out of potions would of had him if i didnt >.< I am using a OP build vs single target bosses just against diablo its not that ideal.

Frenzy - Smite
    SS - Shattered Ground for phase 2
    Ignore Pain - Ignorance is Bliss
    CotA - Duty to the Clan
    WotB - Insanity
    Earthquake - Path of Fire but mixing it up at times with Chilling Eearth

I can pretty much destroy all bosses with ease with the first burst and if not then just kite and survive (with other bosses I use Battle Rage + 30% dmg)

Bloodthirst, Weapon Master and Animosity (Ani for openers since it generates treat faste meaning I can deploy my burst faster, but going to change it up since that isn't really an issue).
    -K

Potions have a 30 second cooldown in D3

Deleted
    when i progressed thru normal diablo I preferred using bash with clobber over any other skill, it made him almost stunlocked when he tried using his breath. And while breath I used to jump over him to avoid it. I have no idea if Diablo is significantly different from normal than hell, but on normal it worked out better than anything.

Deleted
    Shield, health regen gear, health regen gems.. basicly go defense defense defense without any offense untill you reach the point of where you can go around for ages without dying but just not getting the boss to die because you do too little damage, then start adding some more damaging stats as long as you feel save. Although I have to say, melee in D3 are at a huge disadvantage, really great for a supporting role but just so damn weak.
    Last edited by mmoc8fc641f927; 2012-05-18 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed him, but weird I changed my SS to War Cry and Veterans Warning and used board and it went so much more easier, did not even need the side pools just had to use the pots on cooldown. Though DPS was bit low in phase2 so boss spawned while add still up which caused me to kite and wait for the pot and then get back in, use it and kill of add then take his globe.

Well Inferno here I come ...

Yeah Rawr, health regen is my favourite thing right now, specially when on each hit + dual wield + frenzy as well as Wrath = win ^^

The gear crap as usual, few yellows and all in all crappy (wrong itemization). Just going to farm him ...
    -K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    Killed him, but weird I changed my SS to War Cry and Veterans Warning and used board and it went so much more easier, did not even need the side pools just had to use the pots on cooldown. Though DPS was bit low in phase2 so boss spawned while add still up which caused me to kite and wait for the pot and then get back in, use it and kill of add then take his globe.

Well Inferno here I come ...

Yeah Rawr, health regen is my favourite thing right now, specially when on each hit + dual wield + frenzy as well as Wrath = win ^^

The gear crap as usual, few yellows and all in all crappy (wrong itemization). Just going to farm him ...
    WotB = amazing, every time I get to push that button I go ''ME SMASH!!!! RAAAAAAWWRRRRR''.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    WotB = amazing, every time I get to push that button I go ''ME SMASH!!!! RAAAAAAWWRRRRR''.
    Haha yeah, I normally use it when near low HP and with Ignore Pain and the 20% hp regen I am back to full within the end of IP.

I am such a little rager though. When I keep dying I hate on the game call it names and then when I do the actual boss I am up for some more and all happy ^^
    -K

Not even close to how pots work anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    Not even close to how pots work anymore
    Pot > CD > Pot > CD > Pot > CD*
    -K