Since Athene's, "exploit/clever use of game mechanics" has been hotfixed...

I really hope Blizzard is on the ball soon about fixing another one of these exploits/clever use of game mechanics that involve wizards.

While not as crazy as making your entire team immune; it is very, very close to it and is breaking inferno right now. Wizards can get force armor, which basically reduces every hit that does over 35% of their maximum life to just 35% of their life. That means a Wizard with 5k hp that takes for example, 18k hits in inferno (which happens easily), only takes 1500 hp worth of damage. A wizard that has enough life regen from gear can basically heal back that amount quickly. The only downside to this is that low damage dots tend to make quick work of the wizard, though those are typically rare and avoidable in most rare/champion/boss fights

Video of an example - ww.youtube.com/watch?v=mTzyjf4R0tg (gotta manually enter in the w, can't post the video since I'm posting for the first time, sorry)

Notice how the wizard just sits in a corner and tanks the butcher without moving an inch, only having to teleport to the other side when the fire is about to happen, since that can kill him. Doing this, this guy has already arrived at Inferno Diablo (I'm not kidding). He will probably kill it soon and claim the first, but this is not really fair, and he has already found plenty of amazing loot as far as I can tell, which makes it worse.

some random rant: This whole oversight by Blizzard on numerous abilities and designs related to inferno/loot/bosses are honestly very frustrating for someone like me who has been looking forward to the difficulty challenge. They had a long time to think about this and test this out, I really don't know how they failed to find out stuff like that, while implying that inferno would be impossible to beat in the first week and such. I'm not bitching about Blizzard, just incredibly annoyed that one of the most hyped up games of all time (and my favorite series) is having so many issues that really take away from what is such a great game in certain aspects.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2012-05-18 at 10:33 PM.

Brb rolling a Wizard.

Someone getting the world first kill using some pussy exploit really doesn't matter to me because there's little prestige in it anyway.

The entire point of the game is to challenge yourself and acquire more and more great gear.
    What do people expect to have when they clear the game illegitimately other than negative attention from the community?
    We're whalers on the moon,
    We carry a harpoon,
    But there ain't no whales
    So we tell tall tales
    And sing our whaling tune

15+ Year Old Account
    I sure am glad I don't watch live streams and various other news articles on other people, otherwise that might ruin my enjoyment of the game and cause me to make silly forum posts about it.

world first is kinda pointless when ppl were well past act1 and maybe even normal mode before i could log on without 337