Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have a Sith Sorcerer and a Consular Shadow. My biggest reasoning behind this was that throwing around lightning is really really fun, and the Lightning tree even gets a Ki Blast.

Project is one of my favorite abilities in the entire game. From what I can see the Sage doesn't really use project at all. Shadow does. I really liked the concept of mixing melee with kinetic force powers (as apposed to melee and lightning). So far Shadow Infiltration is playing exactly like I had hoped. Jumping from the shadows with heavy melee attacks, and then building up to unleash powerful force attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I have a Sith Sorcerer and a Consular Shadow. My biggest reasoning behind this was that throwing around lightning is really really fun, and the Lightning tree even gets a Ki Blast.

Project is one of my favorite abilities in the entire game. From what I can see the Sage doesn't really use project at all. Shadow does. I really liked the concept of mixing melee with kinetic force powers (as apposed to melee and lightning). So far Shadow Infiltration is playing exactly like I had hoped. Jumping from the shadows with heavy melee attacks, and then building up to unleash powerful force attacks.
    Since you played the sorcerer, I'm not really telling you anything new, I guess, but Project is still a cool instant cast ability for a sage, and I dipped far enough into balance to grab the "sometimes doubles project" thing, so I still use it occasionally.
    Not that my spec is probably good or anything, but I'm fine with having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    For the agent it was as much as CC thing as a dps thing. I believe the shadow is the same way though, with a CC only usable on non-robots while stealthed?
    Yeah, but in most cases, that CC isn't needed, plus we have instant cast whirlwind. Just WW the elite, dispatch his buddies, then finish him.

That's exactly why I didn't immediately choose or even enjoy inquisitor very much. It was too focused on that stuff, it's like a bobbley piece of tinfoil attracting all the ravens, but it's lightning attracting the easily amused.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    That's exactly why I didn't immediately choose or even enjoy inquisitor very much. It was too focused on that stuff, it's like a bobbley piece of tinfoil attracting all the ravens, but it's lightning attracting the easily amused.
    Well, if someone wants to play a typical caster type, you got sorc or sage. And well...Project is one of the best cast animations, but it's also one of the least used as a sage. OTOH, TK Throw looks terrible, probably the most awful spell in the game, and...it's something you have to use constantly. Even if you don't find lightning super cool or whatever, compared to TK Throw...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Well, if someone wants to play a typical caster type, you got sorc or sage. And well...Project is one of the best cast animations, but it's also one of the least used as a sage. OTOH, TK Throw looks terrible, probably the most awful spell in the game, and...it's something you have to use constantly. Even if you don't find lightning super cool or whatever, compared to TK Throw...
    Exactly. Force Lightning is just more interesting than Telekinetic Throw.

Exactly. Force Lightning is just more interesting than Telekinetic Throw.
    Aww but I always like see'ing what random thing it has me throwing at people. Like when you throw a droid arm at a droid. There is just something inherantly hilarious to me about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Aww but I always like see'ing what random thing it has me throwing at people. Like when you throw a droid arm at a droid. There is just something inherantly hilarious to me about that.
    You're thinking of Project. Which (as I stated) is the reason my Consular is a Shadow. Telekinetic Throw is the pebbles.

You're thinking of Project. Which (as I stated) is the reason my Consular is a Shadow. Telekinetic Throw is the pebbles.
    ohhh right... then yes I agree that lightening is more exciting then pebbles