10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb What is this? Bug? Exploit? Nothing?

I'm in Act 2 on Nightmare and I went into a little cave which had an elite mob! pew-pew-pew-down-loot-bye! As I was heading towards the exit of the cave, something popped into my head about some items I had listed in AH 2 days ago! "Ah, might as well go check them!" So I did, and I was done in like 20 seconds, and I resume my play, and I found myself into that cave with the elite there again! 2 chests that were there before they were also there again! pew-pew-pew-down-loot-hmm, I'm gonna do that again to see if it was luck or not-leaving game. Resuming and it was there again!
    So, before I possibly "abuse" it, I would like to know if that is considered an exploit or not. I don't know if the specific cave that I'm in, or the difficulty plays a role or not!

Thx for reading!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

10+ Year Old Account
    open a ticket about it

15+ Year Old Account
    The Act 2 resplendent chest with tons of blues, gems, crafting patterns, and occasionally a rare/legendary?

Yeah, this has been floating around the official forums, and people are wanting to know if this is gonna be fixed or stay as is.

People are doing it on inferno all day.

15+ Year Old Account
    How could it be an exploit? You can do that in WoW aswell, just in a different way.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

You could always just restart the act if you really wanted to farm the same stuff.

Definitely a bug, hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing meph runs over and over for unique's in D2, whats the difference.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    It's a bug. Using it is an exploit.

If it works like you seem to describe it with always loading into the game right in the cave, it is actually far better than the one circulating around the internet about the ransacked cellar in the Oasis. Go have fun but remember to write a ticket so it can get fixed.

That being said, I have been ransacking that cellar like crazy already <3
    Because everybody knows about it and everybody does it.
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2012-05-19 at 02:28 AM.

I wonder how many of the people exploiting this claimed to be so disgusted by the guilds exploiting the LFR bug. I'll guess we'll know in a few days when Blizz removes the aquired items and they will all be spamming these boards in outrage because "it wasn't their fault the bug existed".

It's a bug but Blizzard aren't going to ban exploiters because it's not a competitive multiplayer game

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Doing meph runs over and over for unique's in D2, whats the difference.
    The difference is that Blizz specifically wants you to go explore new areas and find packs of champions and uniques to get loot now. Not farm Mephisto 10000000x. If they have a farmable spot like this available it completely goes against their new philosophy for D3 and damages the real money acution house because there are more awesome items then there are supposed to be. That's the problem with it.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-05-19 at 03:13 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

When you exit the game it resets everything. Thats how you farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It's a bug but Blizzard aren't going to ban exploiters because it's not a competitive multiplayer game
    True but you can stock up on crazy loot and sell for irl moneyz oO
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

It has been fixed, doesn't have any gold glowing chests anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Amed View Post
    It has been fixed, doesn't have any gold glowing chests anymore.
    It was there last night. but blizzard also stated they wanted us to farm for ever in this game to get gear. They didnt say how.