Best Act for farming drops in Nightmare/Hell?

Have a 58 monk working through Hell and my gear is starting to suck and Im hitting a roadblock and just started working through ACT III. Im just not getting anything from drops while questing and I do all the side dungeons in each area. But I struggle badly on most Yellows, and the triple blues...forget about it. Is there a certain set of steps in a particular Act that are better for farming than others so I can improve my gear? Theres just not many people posting 55+ stuff on the AH yet, or even level 50 items so the stuff thats there is really expensive.

Also is this a game where I need a class just for farming or can every single class solo farm just as good as long as they are geared? I also have access to a level 57 Barbarian with decent tank gear I could switch to if that would be better. Or would it be faster to just roll a Witchdoctor?

Saw a stream with a Monk solo farming Inferno champion packs, so it should be quite possible to farm.

I'd say farm the highest area/quest chain in Hell that you can do efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Saw a stream with a Monk solo farming Inferno champion packs, so it should be quite possible to farm.

I'd say farm the highest area/quest chain in Hell that you can do efficiently.
    Probably geared out the ass with Inferno stuffs. Im struggling through Hell. Its...well Hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 52 monk and Hell is a comfortable challenge, it doesnt seem to hard. It just takes a bit longer to kill things.

So whats a good Act and place to farm for items? Still havent gotten an answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding Act 3 the most profitable if you need to ask... but really it's about what you can handle... The answer will vary from person to person so if you're looking for sound advice ...there really isn't any...
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.