Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoblade View Post
    Please correct me if im wrong but from what i understand fat is stored energy so if your not doing enough cardio beyond walking ( you really need to get your heart going ) you probably won't burn the energy from what you ate in that day.

Walks / light exercise will probably prevent you from gaining maybe? but you need to use the energy you got from that day and force you body to start breaking down fat for more.

This is a really simple explanation from what i know.
    In the end, a calorie burned is a calorie burned. If there is a defecit of calories, then weight will be lost. The body doesn't care how that defecit comes about - it will rely on stored fat to try and make up the difference.

The old adage of having to raise your heart rate to lose weight is wrong....and right. Working your heart increases your fitness level, meaning that more and harder exercise becomes easier, allowing more muscle mass to be built up, which in turn burns more calories (and of course weighs more - so if you're on a heavy protein diet with heavy exercise - don't be surprised if the scale doesn't reflect how you're feeling/appearing, because unless you're morbidly obese it won't )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siluz View Post
    all you have to do to loose weight is consume more calories then you eat. its simple, take a rough count in your head how much you are intaking then make sure you do enough exercise to burn them off. loosing weight is one of things where everyone wants it to happen in one day or one week but the reality is its a long process and instead of looking for scams or anything just stick to a healthy diet and determination and you will see results. there is no better feeling then looking in the mirror at what you have accomplished so i encourage you to stay with it and remember that if you dont see the same results as what you saw on the biggest looser or on that TV show add dont be discouraged those things promote UNhealthy weight loss, yes, loosing weight to quickly can be unhealthy and then you are left with allot of excess skin.

so start simple check out this website for some good exercises that you can do at home http://exercise.about.com/od/cardiow...rncalories.htm

as for diet a suggest a low GI based diet as i reckon in your circumstance it will work best Low GI diets are especially recommended for overweight chocoholics – Low GI foods actually reduce your cravings for sugary and processed food. so avoid things like White bread, puffed wheat, Cornflakes, Coco Pops, rice cakes, rye bread, bagels, English muffins, French fries, donuts, pizza, ALL FAST FOOD, instant rice, baked and mashed potatoes, watermelon.

eat things like: fruit,vegetables,nuts,oats,porridges,low fat yoghurts and milks, ans use multigrain or wholegrain bread

a diet is a very personal thing and you are best to make one for your self. but when im trying to cut a bit of weight i will use something like this
    8:30am
    -3 whole eggs, boiled
    -1 cup of muesli/oats with low fat milk

10:30am
    -chicken breast (200g)
    -2 handfuls of defrosted veggies (broccoli, carrot, caulifower)
    -10 almonds

12:30pm
    -tuna (200g)
    -75g of brown rice

3:00pm
    -chicken breast (200g)
    -10 almonds

7:30pm
    -steak (any)
    I must comment on this are you trying to lose weight or gain weight?
    Cause that diet is not for losing weight!!
    And ps : avoid eating nuts they have alot of calories.

Training with weights is one of the most effective ways of losing weight. This is because after the exercise your body needs to repair your muscles and keeps using more energy. Also you can best train big muscle groups als legs and back muscles. Upper body is much less effective. About food, try to eat more often but less. Eating 6 times a day would be perfect. Eat things which are on low fat and high on proteines. Eg. 7am cereal breakfast, 10am fruit, 1pm lunch, 4pm small snack, 7pm dinner, 10pm small snack. Also having a good nights sleep can help a lot. Try to have a stable routine in stead of mixing things up.
    When you seriously start working out try to do at least two weighted fitness sessions and two cardo sessions. At first you might even gain weight as you build up muscles which are much heavier then fat.
    BMI on body builders for example is really high, while they tend to have a really low fat percentage.

I started working out like 1.5 years ago and lost about 15kg. I'm not where I wanna be yet, but my stamina has improved a lot and I practive other sports now regarly so don't have the time left to work with weights, while I know that would probably help me lose another 5-10kg.
    Holynovos - 80 Priest
    Url - 80 Warrior

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haashaashaas View Post
    Training with weights is one of the most effective ways of losing weight. This is because after the exercise your body needs to repair your muscles and keeps using more energy. Also you can best train big muscle groups als legs and back muscles. Upper body is much less effective. About food, try to eat more often but less. Eating 6 times a day would be perfect. Eat things which are on low fat and high on proteines. Eg. 7am cereal breakfast, 10am fruit, 1pm lunch, 4pm small snack, 7pm dinner, 10pm small snack. Also having a good nights sleep can help a lot. Try to have a stable routine in stead of mixing things up.
    When you seriously start working out try to do at least two weighted fitness sessions and two cardo sessions. At first you might even gain weight as you build up muscles which are much heavier then fat.
    BMI on body builders for example is really high, while they tend to have a really low fat percentage.

I started working out like 1.5 years ago and lost about 15kg. I'm not where I wanna be yet, but my stamina has improved a lot and I practive other sports now regarly so don't have the time left to work with weights, while I know that would probably help me lose another 5-10kg.
    Upper body isnt less effective, all strength exercises are good because muscle burns makes you burn more calories.
    Also to the guy that said "avoid nuts" You are an idiot. Nuts is one of the best things you can eat, yes they contain alot of calories and fat. But its GOOD FAT, and aslong as you count those calories you can still stay on a deficit.

Also you guys should try Intermittent fasting, the fat melts off.