Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Well, of course it comes down to the individual which one they regard as being the best experience, but Blizzard has intended for multiplayer to be the best experience. In this rare case, they had to make some concessions and compromise singleplayer by making it online. Not a rule, an exception. I'm not going to complain at NCSoft's developers to make Aion co-op or solo just because I had more fun playing co-op and solo than I did interacting with the playerbase or doing any PvP,

SC2's multiplayer is inarguably a more tightly tuned and solid experience to Blizzard and gets significantly more development through balance patches and such. Same with D3's design from the beginning. It's designed to have really good co-op and a persistent large-scale multiplayer economy. The latter, they felt, required the game being online, and I see no reason to disagree with them.

"Singleplayer" and "Multiplayer" are really not accurate enough here.

I also don't think this particularly applies to balance. They fixed the monk strategy to not have it centralizing the builds people are playing in the high levels. It's not going to happen often. Like them fixing Blessed Hammer in D2. Every other class could solo hell, but that one was far superior. It's got nothing to do with singleplayer or multiplayer or "Well, WoW does it!" because they have completely different design goals.

---------- Post added 2012-05-19 at 03:55 PM ----------

Well, it's not optimized for singleplayer or people playing it for just the story, so don't be surprised if the experience isn't amazing.
    Now aint that the truth hah.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Well, it's not optimized for singleplayer or people playing it for just the story, so don't be surprised if the experience isn't amazing.
    Whether playing single player or not, the getting levels and playing out the story are exactly the same. Except one way you do it alone, the other way there are other people involved. So optimization is not even close to being a factor here. I realize that there are other aspects to the game, but for me, nothing that is absolutely necessary to beat the game. I like the story. That's why I was satisfied enough to play through it. I'm satisfied enough to do it again with each class.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Its a known fact that Blizzard HATES Athene.
    That's interesting. I'd really enjoy seeing exactly where this became a 'known fact' as when someone at Blizzard said, "We really hate Athene." or something comparable. No hurry, I can wait.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That's interesting. I'd really enjoy seeing exactly where this became a 'known fact' as when someone at Blizzard said, "We really hate Athene." or something comparable. No hurry, I can wait.
    Even if they do, one can hardly blame them. The man is annoying.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yeah. No argument there. I'm on the warpath about known facts that are neither known nor proved to be facts.

Congrats on the Loremaster. I think it's the best title in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Indeed. I'm not sure how anyone stomachs him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorlox View Post
    It's an online game that is going to have pvp in it. But sure, lets just keep 4monks = Invincible, that'll make things balanced and fun in pvp for sure.
    Did you know Druids in Diablo 2 did something called wind damage? Said Damage didn't get reduced by anything, armour or resistances. It made it so a druid who designed around tornadoes could do alot of damage. Was this changed? Eventually, but not because of shitty PvP sidemotions.

PvP and grouping should not be an important factor in what is a single player dungeon crawler, hell I hate people even calling it just an RPG too.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    doubt blizzard hates athene with them featuring sharecraft (athene fundraiser)

I don't get why people are so butthurt over this, a missed skill combination by blizzard trivialized the game so they fixed it. Because its an online game, not a single player game, if you didn't plan on doing any multiplayer functionality it would barely effect you, and everything you go influences item farm, which is what the game is currently about, being able to sit there maximizing dps just because you are a monk in a group of four monks is ridiculous. Last I checked, hardcore inferno was supposed to be damn near impossible from a design perspective, no matter how "easy" people gripe about the game being (like they never die) and Blizz was remedying something that challenges that perspective.

Why people defend exploiting game mechanics is beyond me.

Damn, I feel like a chump for not being a monk.