So I was playing Firefight in Reach yesterday.

Suddenly, it dawned on me how much I enjoyed such game types: Firefight, Horde, etc. Immediately after, I started thinking about how a similar game type would work in WoW, and I found myself liking the concept. Think about it: anywhere from a single character to groups of up to five players working to take down waves of ever tougher enemies, earning achievements, titles, and gear similar in fashion to challenge mode. Perhaps there could be normal and heroic variants as well.

I'unno, just a thought.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This idea was used for Trial of the Crusader.

It's known as the most hated raid tier ever.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Run 10 man normal, then 10 man hard-mode, 25man normal, then 25man hard-mode. Rinse and repeat this on alts as required.

This made many a player sad panda doing the same place at least 4 times a week. I'm glad if anything that I got the mounts. It's a good idea but like already mentioned, it's been done, and it didn't work out that great really. That's my personal opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

ToC was pushed as a serious raid tier. This idea would fit in with the ranks of battlegrounds and PvE scenarios.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

I don't think ToC is quite the same as what OP is suggesting.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 03:44 PM ----------

I think he's proposing a gauntlet type event with more and more enemies in waves until you die, closer to Violet Hold.
    Last edited by keese; 2012-05-23 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually thought of the same idea as i also really enjoy the survival/horde type game modes more than the versus pvp stuff. I actually think it wouldn't be that bad of an idea. Since this is WoW and you pretty much kill things all the time, for this survival mode to work i think you would need to have objectives like capturing a point or looting certain items. I would say maybe like Mass Effect 3's co-op where you have to hack, hold a certain area for a time and kill a certain amount of key targets, sort of like that but WoW style.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Pretty swell idea, I love those "waves" type of gametypes too. +1 my good sir