OT: If you're having problems in Inferno, try a couple of things.
1) Change your skills up. As a DH, I blew through normal, NM, and Hell without a problem. Got to inferno, decided my build didn't help, changed a few abilities, and now it's cakewalk.
2) Farm gear. Pretty simple. I personally farmed for more damage, rather than survival(got 1 shot regardless of HP/resist). Might be a bit different for melee.
3) Don't give up on a pack when you die.
4) Change your playstyle against rares/champions. I was used to standing there and burning them, but in Inferno, not possible. A lot of the melee I play with learn to kite and whatnot. They do quite well.
Long story short, Inferno is very hard if you're not prepared to change. It requires gear, skill, patience, the works. As someone who almost has A2 on farm, trust me. Just keep at it.
Edit: Also Katjezz, none of those champions you listed are impossible. They're hard, yeah. But not impossible. I cleared all of Act 1 and 2, didn't skip a single pack. Do you know how aggravating it is to fight a Mortar/Arcane/Jailer/Invulnerable Minion Fallen Shaman? Or Molten/Plagued/Frozen/Fast Lacuni(the ones who throw potions)? Or the worst of all, Teleporting/Jailor/Shielding/Fast nagas? As a class who gets 1 shot from a normal white mob, these all sucked. A LOT. But I killed them all. And I made a list of the types I have killed because I feel they are accomplishments. Not impossible!
Last edited by Aettis; 2012-05-25 at 04:13 AM.
problem is too many people think diablo 2 patch 1.13 LoD x-pac with hilarious runewords and duped hacked shit difficulty = d3 first week.
wait for an x-pac get retarded super overpowered runewords and duped perfect items and you will steamroll d3 act 4 trash like you did in diablo 2.
or play the first week of diablo 2 hell mode and realise how it was just as hard or harder than d3 now with gear only scaling up to nightmare but the difficulty continuing onto hell.
99% of the whiners are ppl who played diablo 3 with faceroll hacked gear or just plain overpowered gear runewords etcs and maphack, or they play an mmorpg like wow(which i do) but expect diablo 3 to be diablo 2 or be wow or be something else.
sorry its not, its diablo 3 and inferno is do-able on all acts for all classes, get the skill get the gear get the spec...it may take months but....BLIZZARD TOLD YOU THIS ALREADY
Sir Isaac Shootin's Laws of CS:GO
1. If you are watching a corner, the moment you turn to watch another corner or take out a grenade is the moment the opponent peeks you.
2. If you are AWPing a corner anticipating a close peek, your opponent will always peek wide; if you anticipate a wide peek, your opponent will peek close.
3. If you pick up a weapon during a firefight, that weapon will not have ammo.
Is your armor giving around 72-75% reduction aswell as your physical resistance?
Something like 8k + armor and 900ish phys resistance?
Ah now i know which one.
Uhm, same thing your armor at something like 73%, but your arcane resistance at about 50ish?
Last edited by Yoshitsuna; 2012-05-25 at 05:28 AM.
Katjezz = obvious troll.
And boni isn't a fucking word.
The major issue here isn't the Barbarian, its the player.
1. You're a monk using a 2h that's sub 1100 dps... Bad.
2. I'm also a monk and I successfully killed my first blue pack solo, which I believe were Frozen / Shielding / Wallers
3. Yes inferno is hard, but it is far from impossible, you simply can't stand there and hold left mouse to win. You need to plan ahead and devise a kite path for the mobs so that you can go in when CDs are up and fall back for a moment while you wait for them to come back up again. Play smart.
Also, from your stats, my monk is FAR from that. Stats are as follows:
DPS - 10.6k
HP - 34.7k
Dodge - 42.5%
Armour - 3708 (55.28%)
Resists - 127 (29.75%)
Weapons - Dual wielding 532 and 527 dps weapons with Flawless Square Emeralds in both.
playing a monk, tried a lot of different builds and gear setups.
51% dodge with mantra.. 58% dodge on activation
killed skeleton king inferno only using spirit generator attacks and no pots.. going into act 2 i get destroyed to say the least altho i can kill most champion/elite packs granted that i often end up with quite a few deaths and from time to time have to reset cuz of enrage and try something new.
while i do like hard content, i dont consider unavoidable 1 shots hard just broken, altho i dont believe you should be able to tank 10+ mobs swinging away just yet
currently at the end of act 2 working slowly through it to avoid too much frustration
monk here with shit gear went through act 1 inferno with
100 to all resist.
this is running
yes i solod it all and yes its painful on some mobs for the most part not as bad as you think
im up to 200 resists all and 41k hp with 12k dps and starting up some act 2 kills and farming. Super pain in the ass but doable just need to take breaks so i dont rip my hair out XD guess you just need to stop being bad
I am not getting any good drops for myself so far, but I made over 1,000,000 gold just from running Act 1 yesterday. Between the ton of gold I got (5 stacks of Neph valor), I got a ton of items that each sold for 50-150K. Granted this was in a Public game. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to kill most Elite champion packs, or quickly clear the entire map (I play a monk).
I can clear all of act 1 on my monk on Inferno. It's tricky sometimes, and I always do my best to get the treasure finding buff. I find it's way more difficult to kill shit with other people since controlling the mobs and champion packs becomes an issue. I ran into act 2 yesterday and died almost immediately to just two regular mobs being on me. :| Not looking forward to that.
Too much life, not enough avoidance (i got 55%, +20% when atacking).i Have 40k life. 47%avoidance
Way too much DPS.16829dps. 94 resistance to all dmg sources which is the max, 25%.
Sacrifice some of that DPS for more Avoidance and Resistances,
I'm also pretty sure that 25% is NOT the resistance cap, since i had over 30% a while ago.
You might want to look at your passives because your stats need improving.
Its badly balanced. For example on my barb i can clear full act1 inferno without skiping any champs packs. i went to act2 and got one shooted by white mobs. game should not allow you to kill butcher(and even get achi for speed kill) and then insta gib u on next white mob. its a flaw in a desing.
And about loot. dont farm loot cus its freaking usless. farm gold and go to ah. full clear of act1 will net you prolly around 300k wich would be quite plenty for upgrades in every slot beside wep.clearing act1 for me takes 1hr45min to 2hrs depends on what chapms you run in. and i mean clear act1 dont go for buthcer, hunt down champs and heroes. if you play barb for example hunt gear with resistance. i am half way to the goal of 800 resi and now i can take down some mobs in act2 but still farming act1 for gold and gold only