Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    You DoT both bosses on Heroic Morchok? You multi-dot the tentacles on Zon'ozz? Your raid has some weird tactics.
    Since they share a health pool it's very advantageous to multi-dot during Heroic Morchok if you can pull it off. His stomp has a 20 yard range and your DoTs are 40 yards, so you have a 20 yard grace range to work with if your raid tanks them fairly close together. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "weird" strat, it certainly leads to a faster kill and is absolutely necessary for speed kills.

As for Zon'ozz, flails should be single targeted/bursted down immediately since they only have like 300K HP. The eyes should most definitely be multi-doted by moonkins since they have a fair amount of HP. Sounds like you're the one with the "weird strats"

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    Since they share a health pool it's very advantageous to multi-dot during Heroic Morchok if you can pull it off. His stomp has a 20 yard range and your DoTs are 40 yards, so you have a 20 yard grace range to work with if your raid tanks them fairly close together. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "weird" strat, it certainly leads to a faster kill and is absolutely necessary for speed kills.

As for Zon'ozz, flails should be single targeted/bursted down immediately since they only have like 300K HP. The eyes should most definitely be multi-doted by moonkins since they have a fair amount of HP. Sounds like you're the one with the "weird strats"
    I chuckled when you said its necessary for a speed kill. Running out to STOP CASTING to put up a insect swarm and moonfire is not beneficial and if they are tanking them that close for you just to be able to do that then i'm sorry that's a weird tactic. Its only beneficial if you're trying to pad the meters for ranking on WoL.

For Zon'ozz was kinda referring to multi dotting the flails.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    I chuckled when you said its necessary for a speed kill. Running out to STOP CASTING to put up a insect swarm and moonfire is not beneficial and if they are tanking them that close for you just to be able to do that then i'm sorry that's a weird tactic. Its only beneficial if you're trying to pad the meters for ranking on WoL.

For Zon'ozz was kinda referring to multi dotting the flails.
    Don't see why you'd chuckle, many guilds who have instances on farm start doing speed kills "just for fun" cuz quite frankly, what else is there to do? So in that case you alter strat to maximize your damage. Also as far as "Running out to stop casting to put up a insect swarm and moonfire" I stated earlier there's a 20 YARD grace range where u can be in range of your bosses stomp and still have range on the other boss so you wouldn't have to "run" anywhere. And even if you did have to take a few extra steps to put up insect swarm and moonfire, our DoTs TRIPLE the DPE of our wrath/starfire, so i'm not sure how you can consider that "not beneficial" unless you're running to the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    Don't see why you'd chuckle, many guilds who have instances on farm start doing speed kills "just for fun" cuz quite frankly, what else is there to do? So in that case you alter strat to maximize your damage. Also as far as "Running out to stop casting to put up a insect swarm and moonfire" I stated earlier there's a 20 YARD grace range where u can be in range of your bosses stomp and still have range on the other boss so you wouldn't have to "run" anywhere. And even if you did have to take a few extra steps to put up insect swarm and moonfire, our DoTs TRIPLE the DPE of our wrath/starfire, so i'm not sure how you can consider that "not beneficial" unless you're running to the other side of the map.
    If you have to do little movement to apply it then its obviously beneficial, I personally wouldn't have the luxury of this method because the distance between the two is pretty far to avoid getting crystals in the middle for a smoother run. Also I don't really see the point in doing a speed run for dragon soul and/or bosses its already the shortest raid in the game! Nah but seriously if you're doing speed runs and having fun that's cool.

If you know how to play a moonkin, they will always come out on top on yorsahj, hagara, warmaster and madness, rest of the fights will either be hit and miss or favour feral, unless your doing top and bottom strat for morchok and double dotting. Spose they can easily come out on top in spine but dont think that really counts considering mass aoeing the adds isnt really helping anything in regards to getting the kill
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.