Deleted

World of Battles (free to play)

http://www.worldofbattles.com/

Anybody tried this? I just started today and it seems fun. Its a big nod to warhammer tabletop game with squad based gameplay and similar races. It has a slower paced gameplay style than say sc2, and no bases etc, just battle tactics. Also seems to have a solid pvp system, with quickmatch games and a huge world map where clans can group together and conquer territories.

A video review to give you a basic idea:

Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2012-05-19 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    yeah, just did my first matchmaking battle, was 2 vs 3 and my army was tiny, but we still managed to win, but it was very close.

This game is nice if you like slower paced RTS, with large armies. Suits me more, but veteran rts players may find it a little simple, I dont know. There seems to be a fair amount of things to unlock that seem to complicate the game a bit, such as formations and armour, and unit commands like trample, charge etc.

---------- Post added 2012-05-20 at 06:42 AM ----------

meh, after some investigating, seems this is just another attempt at free to play that totally fails. Subscription is same price as AAA MMO titles, and pay to win is there. Sure you can have fun for free, but you will never actually be playing a balanced game. If you like this, probably better to get total war shogun 2, a full game that is cheaper than 1 month of world of battles.