Deleted

Cloud Serpent mount

Hey guys just wondering
    Is the cloud serpent mount a racial mount for pandarens? or is it a mount like the winterspring frostsaber?

15+ Year Old Account
    More like netherwing drakes except without (hopefully) the exceptional requirements to get it - that race was exceptionally difficult in TBC's time.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

There are a total of 12 different cloud serpent mounts at the moment.

Crimson, Azure, Jade, Golden and Onyx Cloud Serpents appear to be obtained from some combination of reputation and daily quests.

Heavenly Cloud Serpents looks almost the same as the above but are more glowey. It's unknown how they will be obtained.

Thundering Cloud Serpent appears to be a reward from a guild achievement, similar to the Dark Phoenix.

Astral Cloud Serpent would seem to be an algalon-esque mount and nobody knows where it will come from. Possibly from the Collector's Edition.

The turtle mounts are going to be the racial mounts, because there's normal and Great ("Swift," in other words) versions of them. And there's twelve of them in total--six for us, six for the other side.

Edit: As for the Serpents:

The two Crimson ones are rewards from the expansion's Glory of the Hero and Glory of the Raider achievements. Red is special, but only when it's a flying mount, it seems.

Not sure about the Astral and Thundering ones--one seems Alliance-focused and the other Horde-focused, but that could mean anything from vendor-bought to a 150 mount achievement reward. I suspect we may see at least one of the Heavenly mounts be a boss drop.

Edit 2: Guess not. :P
    Last edited by Blayze; 2012-05-19 at 04:28 PM.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Dragon Turtle is the Panda mount. Serpents are gained through a long chain of dailies that span 20ish days (think of cross between Netherwing and Winterspring Frostsaber/Venomhide Ravasaur)
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    There are a total of 12 different cloud serpent mounts at the moment.

Crimson, Azure, Jade, Golden and Onyx Cloud Serpents appear to be obtained from some combination of reputation and daily quests.

Heavenly Cloud Serpents looks almost the same as the above but are more glowey. It's unknown how they will be obtained.

Thundering Cloud Serpent appears to be a reward from a guild achievement, similar to the Dark Phoenix.

Astral Cloud Serpent would seem to be an algalon-esque mount and nobody knows where it will come from. Possibly from the Collector's Edition.
    I imagine the heavenly would be for some achievement, probably the glory of the raider.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    More like netherwing drakes except without (hopefully) the exceptional requirements to get it - that race was exceptionally difficult in TBC's time.
    Those damn eggs, hated them. You saw one and thought "Yes, finally found one" then someone swoops down and picks it up

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Those damn eggs, hated them. You saw one and thought "Yes, finally found one" then someone swoops down and picks it up

I remember selling those eggs for 50g each

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post

I just finished it on my third character the other day - people are still poaching the damn things from me. =/
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Deleted
    I wonder if there will be a cloud serpent version of tlpd/aeonaxx.

OMG even now that grind for Netherwing is a pain in the butt. I did the grind on my main toon and think i spent at least 3 days solid flying around grabbing EVERY egg I could find. So glad that the mounts are becoming account wide for MoP so that only my shaman main will need to have them all for all my toons.