Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Let's get all the information out there so people can judge for themselves. These are simply the facts of what happened. I am leaving my opinion on the matter out of this post completely.

In phase 2, Diablo summons shadow copies of each group member. These shadow copies used abilities that could one shot Method's tank(s). They were incredibly powerful and nearly impossible for Method to survive more than a few seconds after entering phase 2. After a few wipes, they began trying something new. Method would have 2 party members purposefully die at the end of phase 1, then resurrect those members, but have them wait until after phase 2 had started to accept those resurrections. This caused the game to only summon 2 shadow copies, and they could control which classes were summoned. The shadow copies despawn after about a minute, so after entering phase 2, they would kite the copies for a bit, have one of the dead people accept the resurrection that had already been given in phase 1, continue to kite the copies, and then, after the minute was up and they had despawned, have the fourth person accept their rez. They repeated this process twice (total of 3 times) during phase 2 when he summoned shadow copies again. Method was completely unable to deal with four shadow copies, so they started using this technique in order to get through phase 2. In addition to this, because of the purposeful dying, they were dying enough that their gear was breaking. They received gear from team GD to use as a replacement for the gear that broke during the encounter so they could continue even after dying more than 10 times. All of Method's members received extra Inferno level gear from GD, but they did not all use all of the gear during the encounter and so may have been able to complete the kill without it.

Method has the first completely confirmed kill, as they streamed it live. The previous kill of Diablo Inferno solo by a wizard has only been screenshots. That person also used an interesting technique to defeat Diablo. He used Energy armor with the Force armor rune, which makes it so any damage that does more than 35% of his health in one hit is instead reduced to 35% of his health (i.e. boss hits you for 100k, you have 100 health, boss only damages you for 35). This skill/rune combo, combined with getting as little gear as possible with vitality on it (so you have very little max health), getting lots of health regen, using Magic Weapon skill with Blood Magic rune(2% of damage turned into life), and using the Galvanizing Ward (Energy armor lasts 4 minutes and regens 310 hp/sec while active) passive allowed him to take absurd damage without actually dying. Again, we don't have video proof of this kill, but this is the tactic that would most likely have been used based on the gear and skills shown in some of the screenshots.

So: one confirmed kill; one unconfirmed, but likely true kill. Both kills used techniques that were likely outside of what Blizzard had intended for the encounters. I'll leave it up to you to decide for yourself whether you think either, both, or neither of these kills was legitimate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Can we just not care?

Diablo isn't wow, or can we start posting whenever someone finish's the hardest mode of every game ever? I can't wait to see who finish's veteran in black ops 2, im itching in anticipation!

/sarcasm
    Agreed

/chars

Deleted
    Method has the advantage of thousands of people watching their stream so there's plenty of evidence to support their claim.

Everything else is a little sketchy afaik but certainly within the realm of possibility.

Hardly a coincidence that all the WF claims should come within the same 10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Dunno how things works in Diablo but in wow 10 man ain't really considered worthy as world firsts.
    Dunno how things work in your head, but world first is the first time a boss dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Can we just not care?

Diablo isn't wow, or can we start posting whenever someone finish's the hardest mode of every game ever? I can't wait to see who finish's veteran in black ops 2, im itching in anticipation!

/sarcasm
    There's not been any wow PvE competition since Dec. I don't see any reason we can't take an interest in other things especially when famous wow players are promoting the race.
    Last edited by Lyaral; 2012-05-19 at 07:36 PM.

Grats to not knowing who acutally beat it cx your wow guild is called method... But if it's not hc don't really care reg doesn't mean much

Deleted
    didn't some random danish guy get the world 1st?

he even did it solo so it was more difficult than 4man. If his story checks out I think he deserves all the accolades. Grats method for second place though!

Method cheated last night to get to Diablo on 4 player. Somehow their Wizard solo'd the bosses they couldn't do as a team and the other 3 members who didn't complete the required quests were still able to appear before Diablo for attempts. Not legit. Cheating isn't cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Babytaco View Post
    Method cheated last night to get to Diablo on 4 player. Somehow their Wizard solo'd the bosses they couldn't do as a team and the other 3 members who didn't complete the required quests were still able to appear before Diablo for attempts. Not legit. Cheating isn't cool.
    That's how that game works. You can join at any quest as long as it's within the difficulty you have unlocked. You can fight Diablo as a freshly made level one toon if you join a game that is on that quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not world first some mod lock this please thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    I can't say from experience, but 4 man Inferno looks immensely more difficult than single player from what I've seen on youtube. Most of the single player Inferno Mode kills I've seen don't look dramatically more challenging than Hell. And then I click on Method's 4-man Inferno Mode kills and it looks like an entirely different game.

Regardless, world first or not, this is the first recorded Inferno Mode Diablo 3 kill. And the one the world will be watching. :-\
    It IS harder.

Every person that joins in adds 110% health and 15% damage to enemies. Notice it's 110% health, not just 100%.

Also, the damage portion has no scaling similarity. The boss does 15% more damage, but the characters themselves don't have any more health than they would solo. Grouping scales the difficulty much harder than solo, given you aren't exploiting a system like pre-nerf Monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Derply-Fried Orange View Post
    That's how that game works. You can join at any quest as long as it's within the difficulty you have unlocked. You can fight Diablo as a freshly made level one toon if you join a game that is on that quest.
    Seems legit

Quote Originally Posted by Derply-Fried Orange View Post
    And having 4 Monks using immunities was also "how the game works". Blizzard knew damn well those combined 7 seconds of immunity for the group would stack to 14/21/28 with more Monks, but you all decry Athene for exploiting.

Fucking hypocrisy at it's paramount.

I couldn't care less what some other group of people do in a video game!

Quote Originally Posted by Preston Maxtor View Post
    And having 4 Monks using immunities was also "how the game works". Blizzard knew damn well those combined 7 seconds of immunity for the group would stack to 14/21/28 with more Monks, but you all decry Athene for exploiting.

Fucking hypocrisy at it's paramount.
    Except Blizzard who develops Diablo =/= Blizzard who develops WoW, and they care much less about stupid shit.

The only real race that ever occurred in Diablo series was world first 99 level in original Diablo 2, when it was an extreme feat. Nobody ever gave a fuck about world first Diablo/Baal or wutever.

Regarding that monk ability, the devs have simply overlooked it. There are so many bugged/no working abilities at the moment, so I have little doubt about that.
    Last edited by Derply-Fried Orange; 2012-05-19 at 08:33 PM.

Did anyone see Kripps teams reaction when Method downed it and how close was team NL to the kill at that moment? I fell asleep 2 and a half hours before the kill =( It was an amazing race to watch. NL was so happy when they were finally pulling ahead as a 4man. I can only imagine how devastated they were when Method reformed their 4 man at Diablo and came in from behind. Coincidentally, why did Method's team fail to show up after their rest break causing Justw8 to solo the 2 bosses prior to Diablo?

Quote Originally Posted by IsoLovesYou View Post
    Did anyone see Kripps teams reaction when Method downed it and how close was team NL to the kill at that moment? I fell asleep 2 and a half hours before the kill =( It was an amazing race to watch. NL was so happy when they were finally pulling ahead as a 4man. I can only imagine how devastated they were when Method reformed their 4 man at Diablo and came in from behind. Coincidentally, why did Method's team fail to show up after their rest break causing Justw8 to solo the 2 bosses prior to Diablo?
    They couldn't do Raknaroth as a 4 man. Team NL could, so they cheated and their Wiz soloed to Diablo, etc.

Apparently, method did that on purpose. Having their wizard kill it solo then joining later.

Deleted
    ^Kripps team had a 4 hour sleep break while the diablo kill happened.

Except didn't they skip a boss they couldn't 4 man and just had the Wizard kill it? Wouldn't a 4 man Inferno Clear mean you cleared the ENTIRE Inferno setting in a 4 man? Personally I think it's stupid people care period but that I don't get.