Thread: Hardcore Mode

Hardcore Mode

Now that all this world first lunacy is out of the way, let's talk about something else... hardcore mode. And the sad tales of dead characters. How'd you die?

I screwed up the courage and just started a barb for hardcore, we'll see how far I get.

Deleted
    Haven't died yet, just made my first hardcore character, a wizard. Time will tell how far I'll get

15+ Year Old Account
    Made it to end boss of 2nd act in normal and just had plain bad luck on the green pools of death phase and the timer on my cds - was fun while it lasted though - might roll another but was convinced I was clearing at least normal on this toon so... yea, might be a while before i try again.

I think these russians are the furthest. It's offline now but last time I checked they were all 60 in Hell Act 3 tearing it up.

http://www.own3d.tv/live/26473/D3_Hardcore_Hell

Meh. I refuse to play Hardcore until I know that Blizzard servers won't spike to 2k MS. Seems like a poor choice to me... To lose a toon just because of lag? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    Meh. I refuse to play Hardcore until I know that Blizzard servers won't spike to 2k MS. Seems like a poor choice to me... To lose a toon just because of lag? No thanks.
    This, died already 2 times on normal mode just because of the lags :s

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    This, died already 2 times on normal mode just because of the lags :s
    I've got 40 hours into the game and have not had any latency issues, at all. I am directly connected (ethernet) to my modem and have a built in NIC to my motherboard. Game has been stable since launch night once in-game. Maybe once I've had a second of lag, but that's it - and that could be due to high CPU usage on my end. I think any latency may be on your end (in my personal experience).