Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Grind a boss over and over and over and over and over again,

This sounds familiar
    Yep, this is what I find so entertaining. They act as if WoW is so different, and then go grind their Dragon Soul every week.

lvl 51 atm and still having tons of fun. Guess if you aren't having fun after normal d3 aint for you

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Yep, this is what I find so entertaining. They act as if WoW is so different, and then go grind their Dragon Soul every week.
    At least you get randomized loot in D3. Plus if you get tired of the bosses you can just go out into the world and find a rare monster pack and have fun with those.

Deleted
    The meaning of diablo is looting, just about it i played d2 but it got out of hands, cause maphacking, BOTting and autopicking, overall i liked it, just need a few days to buy d3, i hope i wont regret it cause i dont know if my comp is capable for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in D2 their was Pandemonium Diablo and Uber Mephisto/Baal to go after, and that alone was grindfest for the 9 keys, then the 3 theeth, three eyes, three brains, then again grind fest to be able to burn threw the 10 000 adds + three bosses with insane hp reg.

All that rended useless once you have a merc with a certain rune combination But whatever, it was fun to go get the torch. And the ball/diablo runs where fun because you always had the chance to get some uniques and sets, even if their where low it was interesting seeing a new one.

Big problem with D3 is the lack of different gear. You see blues and golds drop, and that's fucking all. It's horribly depressing never having one or two greens and low level uniques.

D3 has some legendaries, but something like 100 times less than D2. Great shame

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Well in D2 their was Pandemonium Diablo and Uber Mephisto/Baal to go after, and that alone was grindfest for the 9 keys, then the 3 theeth, three eyes, three brains, then again grind fest to be able to burn threw the 10 000 adds + three bosses with insane hp reg.

All that rended useless once you have a merc with a certain rune combination But whatever, it was fun to go get the torch. And the ball/diablo runs where fun because you always had the chance to get some uniques and sets, even if their where low it was interesting seeing a new one.

Big problem with D3 is the lack of different gear. You see blues and golds drop, and that's fucking all. It's horribly depressing never having one or two greens and low level uniques.

The Pandemonium Event wasn't added until almost 4 years after the release of the expansion. There's still plenty of time.

yea the diversity of uniques in D2 was astounding... Only a handfull tho ppl really cared about: Shako, GF, WF, Soj, SS, ... The rest was mostly useless garbage

This is what happens when you give Diablo 3 for free with annual pass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    D3 launched with more legendaries than d2....

Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    D3 launched with more legendaries than d2....
    Sadly, most of them are worse than rares. Some are even worse than blues. Although I do believe Blizzard are aware of this and may be trying to fix it.

As a side note: PvP with Hardcore Characters. The greatest/most rage-inducing thing ever? (I hope dying counts. Even though I'll probably never try it... I hope it counts.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    This is what happens when you give Diablo 3 for free with annual pass.
    No. what happens is that people dont actually needs to buy the game - people who bought it would just as easily be puzzled by what Diablo is actually about (grinding gear...).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Sadly, most of them are worse than rares. Some are even worse than blues. Although I do believe Blizzard are aware of this and may be trying to fix it.

As a side note: PvP with Hardcore Characters. The greatest/most rage-inducing thing ever? (I hope dying counts. Even though I'll probably never try it... I hope it counts.)
    http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-trac...gendaries-etc/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    In general, I don't get what so-called Diablo veterans are whining about. This was always what Diablo was. Killing the same boss(es) over and over again on higher difficulties.

To answer your question: Yes, yes this is what it is about and all it is. Until the expansion pack comes out, that is.

It seems Diablo isn't really your type of game.
    The Diablo veterans are loving it afaik, its the new players who expect a WoW like progression that aren't too pleased.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    The Diablo veterans are loving it afaik, its the new players who expect a WoW like progression that aren't too pleased.
    What is a wow like progression? Wow is also just grinding the same bosses over and over for gear
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    yeah thats it.

If I'm still playing in a week I'll be supprised.

Not sure its worth the money to be honest. you get very little game. its fun for what it is but compare the amount of content to say GW:2 which is box price only.....in D3 you get a game you can burn through in an afternoon....
    Its been said over and over, there are more difficult settings once you "burn through the game in an afternoon".
    People say they don't want to do the same game in a more difficult setting, but thats what diablo is built around. The enemies you will fight in infrno will be a real challenge, not juts higher hp and damage, but new combos of abilities that until you are geared will require some skill and practice to defeat.

Also most of the maps are rendomly generated, so you will find some things you didn't see your first playthrough.

The game is just not for some people. But there is more than enuough content for your money in this game.

To make it simple it is not an OPEN game environment at all, I like it and will take MONTHS to ever get through normal because I play it only once a week for an hour at most, I enjoyed D2 for years and years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    In general, I don't get what so-called Diablo veterans are whining about. This was always what Diablo was. Killing the same boss(es) over and over again on higher difficulties.

To answer your question: Yes, yes this is what it is about and all it is. Until the expansion pack comes out, that is.

It seems Diablo isn't really your type of game.
    Anyone calling himself a diablo veteran and bitches about the game is either not a diablo veteran or is one of those ppl that bitches before even playing the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Fix'd.
    10chars
    Not really. I can't remember the last time that I had to play the same game 3 times before I was allowed to play it on my preferred difficulty. Blizzard seems to be the only game company that thinks I should have to work to have fun.

Deleted
    Yep - and i love it ehm what about those PvP-matches??? arena fights?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalizari View Post
    Not really. I can't remember the last time that I had to play the same game 3 times before I was allowed to play it on my preferred difficulty. Blizzard seems to be the only game company that thinks I should have to work to have fun.
    Only blizzard.........

...... and millions of players that played d2 religiously for years, and are now playing d3 religiously. I just beat Hell mode (Normal --> Nightmare ---> Hell ----> Inferno for those of you that QQuit after one play through) and I'm still LOVING this game.

Just started a witch doctor and playing through it again, not even close to tired of it.

lol @ "omfg a repetitive video game? WHO DOES THAT???"