How to fix Wild Mushroom for Resto

Wild Mushroom
    You place a Wild Mushroom Spore on 3 friendly targets of your choice.
    Lasts until canceled.
    (Using bloom doesn't remove the buff)

Wild Mushroom: Bloom
    30 sec cooldown
    The Wild Mushroom Spores on your 3 friendly targets bloom (1-5?) ft out from them and heals everyone within 12 ft for x amount.

..as a side note..

Glyph of The Wild Flower (Minor)
    Turns your Wild Mushroom into a Wild Flower.

Wild Flower
    You place a Wild Flower Seed on 3 friendly targets of your choice.
    Lasts until canceled.

Wild Flower: Bloom
    30 sec cooldown
    The Wild Flower Seeds on your 3 friendly targets and blooms (1-5?) ft out from them and heals everyone within 12 ft for x amount.

Explanation: Instead of a bunch of clicking that is clunky and interfears with other spells in the resto rotation in a raid environment I offer this as a solution. Prior to your raid encounter you can assign this WM or WF buff to 3 different raid members. You'd probably assign one to the tank, maybe a melee or a caster, someone you know who will be clustered. This way you could cover casters and melees easily. Perhaps even place one on yourself that way you could cluster around other healers or ranged casters. Every 30 secs you can Bloom them. If you'd like a different target to have it you can just buff someone else etc. I think this is a good fix kills 2 problems with 1 stone, crappy mushrooms and AoE healing, well probably not fix but make a whole lot better.

Oh and a side idea...

Empowered Nature's Cure (Passive)
    When you successfully remove a harmful effect with Nature's Cure you also heal that target for x amount over x sec.

or just work it into the spell.

Nature's Cure
    15.8% of base mana 40 yd range
    Instant 8 sec cooldown
    Cures harmful effects on the friendly target, removing all Magic, Curse, and Poison effects.
    In addition when you remove a Magic, Curse, or Poison effect from the target they are healed for X amount over x sec.

Reasoning for this: Monks - Revival - Healing & Dispel Mechanic
    Shamans - Glyph of Cleansing Waters - Healing & Dispel Mechanic
    Druids should get one in the form of a HoT because they're a hot class/ spec... sun glasses. yeeah.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2012-05-20 at 05:08 AM.

I had an idea for the shrooms too, because I really think, like you, that Bliz missed a trick when they gave us the ability to heal with them.

Glyph of Wild Mushrooms Bloom; When your Wild Mushrooms are triggered, you spawn a Fungal Growth at its wake covering the area within 8 yards reducing all damage taken by 15% but they no longer heal nearby allies - 3 minute CD

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    I had an idea for the shrooms too, because I really think, like you, that Bliz missed a trick when they gave us the ability to heal with them.

Glyph of Wild Mushrooms Bloom; When your Wild Mushrooms are triggered, you spawn a Fungal Growth at its wake covering the area within 8 yards reducing all damage taken by 15% but they no longer heal nearby allies - 3 minute CD
    A cooldown on a glyph? Plus 3minutes is too long

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    A cooldown on a glyph? Plus 3minutes is too long
    3 Minutes is the same as most Raid Cooldowns. Also many cooldowns come in (sort of) glyph form, like Frenzied Regeneration and Vampiric Blood.