Demon Hunter Help!

Hey guys!

(I made a similar thread regarding the WD but now I need some help with the DH xD)

So I re rolled for about the 3rd time (Monk-Mage-WD-DH) and I was wondering if anyone can help me with a spec?

I am level 21 and I really could do with a good all around spec (with some variation) for NM mode, as I will be there quite soon.

Use whatever skills, doesn't matter on level but I would like some survivability but good damage also. If anyone can help please comment!

Thanks

Dan

Deleted
    Preparation with the healing glyph, Caltrops with jagged spikes, multishot with -hatred cost + bola shot with volatile or acid glyph. for the remaining two, I'd go for vault and whatever random skill you wish to go with (rapid fire with the withering fire glyph works wonders) I've had zero problems whatsoever on my dh playing like this. (caltrops is the main source of your dmg on most fights.)

Use smoke bomb with lingering fog, and prep with focused mind. Seriously, just do it. I have soloed into act 2 on inferno and it is absolutely easy by just abusing the heck out of this combo.

Smoke bomb makes you completely invincible, immune to all cc, is an aggro drop, can be used to kite and breaks all roots/stuns/freezes. And by using focused mind on prep and the passive perfectionist you can chain cast it like six times in a row and just stand and dps. I seriously don't know why people aren't noticing this it is the most overpowered thing in the game currently. You can just stand next to a champion pack and blast dps into it while it sits there and looks at you, and when the prep discipline increase runs out you only have to kite them for like 20 seconds before you can do it again. And for bosses? well, Butcher inferno was laughable, the only thing he can hit you with is the cone attack and you just juke it by casting smoke bomb right as he fires it so it goes through you and does no damage. Hell if he manages to hook you and pull you in for his stun and instant death thing, you can just smoke bomb to break the stun and run away.

Bat companion is pretty much mandatory since it almost doubles your hatred regeneration.

Best single target dps is rapid fire with fire support if you can stand staying still, and yeah multishot with fire at will is amazing for aoe. For a hatred generator use hungering arrow for best dps or entangling shot with justice is served for the best hatred generator + a free snare.
    Last edited by Sylla; 2012-05-20 at 11:13 AM.

I don't remember what skills etc you got at lvl 21, but at 51 I'm running with:

For trash/champions/rares etc:

* Entangling shot with chain gang
    * Chakram with twin Chakrams
    * Vault with rattling roll.
    * Caltrops with Torturous grounds
    * Rain of Vengeance with Beastly Bombs (this one combined with chakram spam = anything goes down fast)
    * Sentry with spitfire Turret.

For bosses:
    I use the same except:

* Instead of chakram I use impale with impact (for the stun)
    * Entangling shot with Heavy Burden (for longer lasting slow)

Passive skills for boss and trash:

* Broodling F(or the healing)
    * Tactical advantage (Movement speed ftw)
    * Archery for more dmg

I Normally use dual 1 hand crossbows, but I prefer quiver for more dmg per shot as most times you can't just stand and shoot, for example diablo. This works for me atleast

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sillabear View Post
    Use smoke bomb with lingering fog, and prep with focused mind. Seriously, just do it. I have soloed into act 2 on inferno and it is absolutely easy by just abusing the heck out of this combo.

Smoke bomb makes you completely invincible, immune to all cc, is an aggro drop, can be used to kite and breaks all roots/stuns/freezes. And by using focused mind on prep and the passive perfectionist you can chain cast it like six times in a row and just stand and dps. I seriously don't know why people aren't noticing this it is the most overpowered thing in the game currently. You can just stand next to a champion pack and blast dps into it while it sits there and looks at you, and when the prep discipline increase runs out you only have to kite them for like 20 seconds before you can do it again. And for bosses? well, Butcher inferno was laughable, the only thing he can hit you with is the cone attack and you just juke it by casting smoke bomb right as he fires it so it goes through you and does no damage. Hell if he manages to hook you and pull you in for his stun and instant death thing, you can just smoke bomb to break the stun and run away.

Bat companion is pretty much mandatory since it almost doubles your hatred regeneration.

Best single target dps is rapid fire with fire support if you can stand staying still, and yeah multishot with fire at will is amazing for aoe. For a hatred generator use hungering arrow for best dps or entangling shot with justice is served for the best hatred generator + a free snare.

Hmm I am lv 40 atm so cant pick up that exact spec but I am going to try a variant and see how i do!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodkins View Post
    Hmm I am lv 40 atm so cant pick up that exact spec but I am going to try a variant and see how i do!
    His spec you can use for those "OMG THIS BOSS IS PWNING ME" moments I manage good with my spec aswell, but obviously that spec will make things a lot easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran with Caltrops, Vault, Bat Companion, Arrow of Vengeance, Hungering Arrow and Multishot through out most of the content, worked wonders.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing demonhunter on act3 hell difficulty with minor problems with some of the elite packs

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...TfV!eXc!bZZZbb This I use for trash/elites, rapid web shot + 15% dmg from the cull of the weak passive gives a awesome dps. for the big packs I just spam evasivefire+covering fire, It gives a good AoE and hatred regen.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...TkV!eXf!ZZZZYb This is my boss fight spec, focusing on the dots and alot of discipline reg+ reduction from the passives so you can pop amokescreen alot an just kite while using cinderarrow and impale with chemical burn. The dots will kill him, the bat and turret gives damage aswell when you kite+heal from aidstation.

These specs have worked great for MY playstyle but you obviously have to try mixing stuff up and find what you think is fun and effective, I tried grenades and various stuff and it works great so there's not really any cookie cutter spec, except for smokescreen, that is essential for survival

Btw guys thanks for all the help, i've think i've gotten a good spec