Poll: Do you still use thorns?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I used it on our tank during spine progress. That's about it tho. Most other fights the tank doesn't get hit enough for it to be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarnas View Post
    I use it on tanks when I remember. It was especially good on tanks in the Alyzrazor fight when they were on the hatchlings
    lol I did this. Made me lol at the damage it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    In PvP it's awesome against stupid rogues.

Never use it in PvE.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

As resto, I only use it (on the tank) if it's worth spending mana on, like for the bloods on madness back when it was a dps race.

Deleted
    i think thorns are very useless in it's current state :l

I remember using it on tanks all the time when it was stupidly OP for that little while after it got buffed. (switched from raidwide buff to single target short duration buff, I believe was the change that made it do ridiculous damage) Tons of fun and extra damage. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by furtality View Post
    would be useful if it didnt break your form.
    ^ this. but i use it prepull on myself if i remember

If i'm feeling charitable i'll put it a tank, otherwise i just ignore it's existence.

I used to use it when leveling my resto druid. but the agro caused from casting it on the tank actually pulled all the mobs to me.... =\ haven't really used it since....
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Boomkin PvP yes I try especially when a rogue or dk is on me. But tbh ever since they nerfed it it's pretty much negligible. Before if you saw thorns up you had to stop attacking or else you would be in deep trouble. Now it's like "oh thorns, I'll kill the boomkin and only take about 15k damage from thorns". So it can still be useful, just not nearly as good as it was.

Always use it as a tank, put it on before pull smth
    and sometimes as feral dps, put it on other tank before pull
    this spell is still OP, makes aoe tanking way much easier and those big numbers on dps meter
    but ppl are retarded and don't even know that this op spell exist..

Deleted
    I always put it on our tank just before the fight starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on fight/tank/speed, very often as a non-tank. As a bear, its all but useless for 2 reasons- Big one, it takes you outta bear form: Small one, absorbed hits dont proc the damage, neither does dodge.

On block tanks, it CAN be a dps increase as both a boomkin and feral- Boomkin, it can do well over 25k per cast single target (Or RNG can help tank, and does 0). Feral, its actually a bit higher on the damage. Of course, it DOES depend on the tank RNG- If they dodge/parry allattacks, no damage from a cast, so its a dps loss.
    On AoE, its POWERFUL.

Finally, in PvP,it helps to add pressure. Against rogues/kitties/DW frost dks, Thorns damage outpaces thier auto-attack damage, to the point that they are taking more damage then they deal, which is fairly pleasent, especially as feral vs melee. Use it quite often in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarnas View Post
    I use it on tanks when I remember. It was especially good on tanks in the Alyzrazor fight when they were on the hatchlings
    This and in pvp

Only in PvP but a lot of times i forget. Thats as resto of course.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyna View Post
    offtopic @ pakoa the black adds can not be tanked
    Hmm didn't know that, thanks.

Pop it on the tank constantly. Especially in random HCs and Raid Finder.

sometimes do when I think about poping it before a pull when I tank
    besides that no

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-cata Wotlk Patch it was fun, cast on myself, then switched to bear (undergeared bear druid, was horde), vs two of my alliance friends on their decently geared rogues(they had raid gear, all I had was badge gear and dungeon stuff). They both jumped in at the same time, and almost instantly dropped, I was still up with about 40% health.

Nowadays I don't really play my druid, but from the few resto/balance druids I see in pvp they use it on cooldown, same with PvE on tanks. Don't know how useful it is, but I see them use it fairly frequently.

Deleted
    On my tank when he wants to rank on World of log.