View Poll Results: Which date seems realistic for release?

Voters
2187. You may not vote on this poll
  • August 28

    260 11.89%
  • September 4

    211 9.65%
  • September 11

    213 9.74%
  • September 18

    380 17.38%
  • September 25

    449 20.53%
  • OCTOBER 2

    674 30.82%
Page 31 of 81 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
32
33
41
... LastLast
  1. #601
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Still not buying it. why? because all the evidence points to the contrary. You are still obsessed with the annual passers the 10%. Do you not read the other threads on here? There is a saying "A lover's scorn.."

    Look at this thread....

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...to-not-buy-MOP

    There are people who for one reason or another felt like they have been wronged by Blizzard. Do they sound like they are coming back? Not really. Statistically it is harder once you loose a subscriber to a service to regain them again. That is why companies run promotions to entice people back to resubscribing if they can and if a subscriber calls to cancel a subscription the CS rep will offer incentives for that customer to stay. So to make the bold assumption of "There is very little risk of alienating the other players, Blizzard knows full well they will buy the game regardless and Blizz will fully take advantage of that." is VERY foolish and prideful and WILL be your downfall. If you piss off the non-annual pass subscribers (more time without new content) just because you are stringing along the minority you are risking losing more than the 10%. You risk losing loyalty. Read that thread. Granted most of the posters are pretty immature, but they have their own beefs and they have lost loyalty. They felt wronged. Your attitude here is like "the consumer WILL consume regardless so we can treat them like cattle" That's messed up.

    I see things differently... Release MoP Early to Mid Sept.. Strong Sales, Subs stay strong, maybe even go up due to new interest. End of Q4 HotS drops and sweetens the end of the year.
    Blizzard has been milking the playerbase since 2008 and there is no reason they will stop now. As long as people continue to fork over money for services like char transfer and faction changes, pony mounts, AP so they can get another pony mount etc, Blizzard will continue to feed it to them. When you have a que to purchase a sparkle pony for twenty something bucks, Blizzard knows they have the customer base whipped. They CAN string them along and take advantage of them. Forum talk about quitting is all good, but the reality is that people aren't going to quit over a 3 month delay in MoP.

    That said, it comes down to a simple question of mathematics. There is no loyalty or ethics involved, yes it would be nice if there was but that is not how ATVI operates. It boils down to what is the most profitable thing to do. You may be right that a small fraction of players actually will not buy MoP in protest of the release date. But far more revenue would be lost by not getting those extra few months of paid gametime from the APers. Throw in the fact that holiday is traditionally the best season for video game sales and it just makes too much sense to not release it then.

    I would expect to see some sort of pre-order/Annual Pass combo deal be announced for release sometime in Q3, because there is really nothing else going on to boost subs for that quarter.

  2. #602
    Mechagnome PHOENIXZERO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan probably.
    Posts
    558
    It's coming no later than September, period. There's nothing that needs another 2 months of testing in the Beta.

    If they wait until after October 21st for like a 23rd release date (or even October 16th) I'm passing Guild Leader to another officer and taking a nice long and much needed WoW vacation and I know I'm not alone in this. If it wasn't for the "free" D3 I wouldn't have signed up for it. It'll be harder to quit if already in the middle of new content.

  3. #603
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    GREAT ZOMBIE NECRO THREADS!!!!! There are newer threads you know... :P
    like this one http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nfo-on-release

    But if you must know, I believe the "leaked" box art was actually from Blizzard to drum up hype over the weekend. The past two expansions release dates were announced on a Monday. So, I have a feeling that we might have an announcement on Monday June 25th of a release date for MoP, if not then some time this week before the 4th of July week. That's my word and I'm sticking to it.
    hmm.......

    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't...

  4. #604
    Brewmaster Bristae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by itzferal View Post
    hmm.......
    hmmm yea. this was before my chat.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

  5. #605
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewlipopz View Post
    there isnt a chance in hell mop is releasing in summer
    /thread
    I am hoping it releases well before Summer - August or September I hope.

  6. #606
    all this speculation is boring it will be released when blizzard deem it ready for public release and not a moment sooner

  7. #607
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonasus View Post
    It seems, that you have never been involved personally in a big software project. Even if the WoW is done with a very agile approach, there would be a rough schedule which tasks are done at which time based on the planned release date, man power and quality. So the beginning of 2012 is a rather late time to plan a task which is going to be in public beta 3 month later.
    Maybe not into big software projects but other big projects (building houses, schools and stuff). Sure they had a rough estimated date (Q3 or Q4 2012) since the start and the release date gets clearer as certain milestones are achieved. So you say that Blizzard has to plan more than 3 months ago if they implement updated items where they just change a number and they know more than 9 month in advance a more or less release date when <90% of all the work is done?

    I think you never worked on a big project. They sure have a schedule and can say in which year and which quarter it will be released but to make a precise release date (like which week in Q3) you need to achieve certain milestones and these milestones couldn't be achieved by the beginning of the year. I didn't say that Blizzard didn't know roughly when they will release it but that they didn't know that they will release it maybe before brewfest.

  8. #608
    EDIT#5:
    ....Does anything else have to be announced to confirm september release, or even earlier, a late august to coincide with GW2? I am being optimistic that it will come out in sept. 4th. realistically mid sept. Announcing PTR for "soon" help anyone realize it yet?
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-pandaria-bet/

  9. #609
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Funny,, last time I checked, that seems to be an opinion. So using an opinion as proof that Blizzard was being nefarious in it's dealings with it's fans kinda turns the tables back.

    "The squeeky wheel gets the oil" Have you ever heard that saying? People who didn't like Cataclysm were the loudest and most vocal about it. They were ones like on the thread above. They were the ones that got heard and it was assumed they were the "popular" opinion. but yet subscriber-ship didn't crash to zero has one may have thought, it dipped fair good, but not shattered. Nothing like SWTOR did losing almost 35% of their launch base.

    On average most players will tell you that Cataclysm wasn't the best expansion but most still continued to play and enjoyed playing the game. Blizzard didn't treat anyone like cattle. If they purposely released Hello Kitty Expansion where the new class was a stick figure then I would agree they were treating us like cattle.

    They wanted to redesign the world because everyone had been asking for it. They came up with lore to fit why the world changed.

    So tell me... Where did they treat us like cattle? by giving the players what they wanted? where?
    Wow! What a response!

    Ah, the old opinion is not fact retort. I think you will find from the fact that I used the word "seemingly" that I was offering my opinion. The fact that you have interpreted this otherwise would suggest that you appear to a problem distinguishing one from the other. My opinion is based on certain facts such as we have had less content than previous expansions yet been asked to pay the same and that the past year or so has seen more mounts and pets than before added to cash shop.

    Whilst we are on the subject of facts; everyone asked for the world to be changed, really? Also if they had been giving the players what they wanted then why did 2 million of them leave?

  10. #610
    Brewmaster Bristae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Wow! What a response!

    Ah, the old opinion is not fact retort. I think you will find from the fact that I used the word "seemingly" that I was offering my opinion. The fact that you have interpreted this otherwise would suggest that you appear to a problem distinguishing one from the other. My opinion is based on certain facts such as we have had less content than previous expansions yet been asked to pay the same and that the past year or so has seen more mounts and pets than before added to cash shop.

    Whilst we are on the subject of facts; everyone asked for the world to be changed, really? Also if they had been giving the players what they wanted then why did 2 million of them leave?
    Symantecs.. it's not just for anti-virus anymore! :P Opinions.. Your Truths are just opinions yet again...You say it's a fact that there was less content in Cataclysm than previous expansions yet you paid the same... let's look at that. In WotLK, we got 8 zones to quest in, one PvP zone, and one unfinished "empty" zone. And our 5 mans, heroics, BGs, and raid tiers. All Truth. In Cataclysm, this is where OPINION blurs Truth. TRUTH is We got 5 zones to quest in, one PvP zone, our 5 mans, BGs, and raids tiers. If you stop there the opinion is yes yes got less content, but the truth is the reworked 1-60 zones are counted as content as well. It was rediscovered and refreshed content. That a majority of us enjoyed rediscovering, and that reworking took man hours of development time to be done and NEEDED to be done. Now its opinion either you think that it is new to YOU or not, but to other it was new and fun to play through with new alts. I saw many of my own guildies leveling new alts from level 1 through both continents ro experience the new storylines in zones. New storylines in those zones are new content regardless. So maybe there wasn't as much ENDGAME content for the elitists out there, but there were more over all new content for everyone in Cataclysm.

    So as for the last question. It's a loaded question because there is no definitive answer to why. We can speculate all day as to why. I know you are going to say "Because Cataclysm sucked and Blizzard is screwing up players that's why!" Well here's another idea as to why as well... in other threads there has been discussions as to the true number annual pass holders percentage-wise. The question lies within the ratio of asian subs to NA/EU Subs. Some are throwing different numbers out there of course with no hard sources. but it got me thinking as well. Around the time of the big subscriber dip was around the time that Blizzard did their big gold farmer crackdown. So While yes a portion of the people who left were people who didn't like the way Cataclysm was going, (Can't please everyone, impossible to do) many actually at first were complaining that it was too hard, that it was too much like vanilla, then it was too easy and we don't like that EVERYONE get to see everything we want to be special snowflakes.... again can't please everyone. But I'm sure a good portion of them were also banned farmer accounts as well at that time as well. Subs come and go. But considering that the subscriptions numbers grew to almost 13 million at it's highest (sadly a lot were probably asian farmers) but then snapped down to 10.4 and stabilized there is still pretty amazing, like it or not. What next paid subscription MMORPG has next to that number? Not saying WoW is not without it's faults. But obviously WoW is still giving 10.4 million players what they want to continue playing. If the number goes back up in MoP. great if it goes down some more and stabilizes again fine. But they're still be players in the large number that will be in the opinion that's it a fun and great game. and the FACT is as long as those people are willing to play and pay for it, WoW will be around.

    So I am now done with this game of symantecs of Facts and opinions because it will continue to go round and round. But you know what they say about opinions. :P
    and I must go evacuate mine now :P.

    But in all honestly... It's been a good and healthy debate. I have taken nothing personally and I do respect all that was said every if I don't personally agree or believe it..
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

  11. #611
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    300
    i say release it when its ready, whenever that date may be... we saw what happens when you release a unfinished game *cough* SWTOR *cough* .... no one wants to repeat that, so idk when its released, so long as 90% of the bugs are ironed out (saying 100% is like asking for pigs to fly)

  12. #612
    lol couldn't agree more.

  13. #613
    The game when come when it's ready.. If that means delaying it for a couple months to release a better product then +1 for Blizz.

  14. #614
    Brewmaster Yuuki Asuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Outside Coral Village
    Posts
    1,270
    I'm just going to take a stab at a new guess =p

    Saturday July 7th is PTR

    Monday July 9th is Announcement for Release

    *Patch 5.0.1 Live somewhere in August

    Release Date September 11th



    * I only say this because in the past, PTR lasted 1 month and went live soon after, while Blizzard stated that the Live event would last a couple weeks. Which idk is still the case but who knows?
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

  15. #615
    My opinion: Friday 6th July - PTR Up; 17th of August - 5.0.1 on live; 4th of September Mop Release.
    It looks like the most probable scenario in my opinion.

  16. #616
    August 28th!! You are right... oh wait, wrong game...

  17. #617
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Wrong. I disagree. http://beta.xfire.com/games/d3 It has not stabilized, it's still declining. It's the lowest it's ever been. We'll see what the weekend numbers are, but my guess is that they'll still be lower than last week's peak.
    As I predicted, D3 is still declining.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-07-04 at 09:07 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  18. #618
    Herald of the Titans Pancaspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,671
    If you think Blizzard is going to take the titanic Marketing risk of letting a bored Player base play GW2 for a month, you are smoking too much.

    Blizzard will release MOP on Aug 28th, and crush GW2 like a bug.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

  19. #619
    Guys remember me saying Nov/Dec!
    I've said it a couple of times..... it is just the normal schedule..... like previous xpacs.
    And yes we will be having nothing else but DS to run..... it will be another ICC-like thing.

    And when I'm wrong? Well I'm the first to be happy about it.

  20. #620
    When the patch is about to be deployed you know that MoP release will be shortly after the cinematic. I believe the end of august is a good time to release.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •