View Poll Results: Which date seems realistic for release?

Voters
2187. You may not vote on this poll
  • August 28

    260 11.89%
  • September 4

    211 9.65%
  • September 11

    213 9.74%
  • September 18

    380 17.38%
  • September 25

    449 20.53%
  • OCTOBER 2

    674 30.82%
Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
44
... LastLast
  1. #661
    Bloodsail Admiral Speedy92286's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprints View Post
    It's not gonna be later then mid september purely cause of GW2 being released on August 28th.

    There not just gonna give Arenanet free reign of the MMO market for 2 + months.

    8 months of no new content in WOW people are gonna play GW2 if they have to wait months for MOP.
    This is kind of how I view it. They are raid testing right now and releasing 5.0.1 on the ptr soon, so I don't see MoP being released later than early September. GW2 being released August 28th might make them move up their timetable slightly, but not by much if the Theramore scenario will be on the PTR soon.

  2. #662
    Release date: January 2013

    ...

    Why would people think its going to release November/December? Raid testing is ongoing, PTR patch soon..? Personally thinking of a September release date.

  3. #663
    i think the whole july/august spec. is just wishful thinking with no hint of realism. The earliest I see it is september

  4. #664
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    This is kind of how I view it. They are raid testing right now and releasing 5.0.1 on the ptr soon, so I don't see MoP being released later than early September. GW2 being released August 28th might make them move up their timetable slightly, but not by much if the Theramore scenario will be on the PTR soon.
    I have a feeling you know exactly when 'soon' is!
    Are you going to keep it a secret or are you willing to share it with us?

    Oh and, hitting PTR soon..... is mathematical related to hitting live?

  5. #665
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    They won't release it on the 28th as they know GW2 will hurt it's sales. My bet is Patch 5.0 being released on the 28th so they can try and steal some of GW2's thunder with no detrimental effects to themselves, and then release a few weeks later when people aren't playing GW2 quite as hardcore and they may have time to play MoP.
    I imagine that they will release the MoP trailer and let 5.0 go live at the same time (as well as announcing that MoP has gone Gold) - 17th August or so, so that players can experience 5.0 before they head over to GW2. I assume that Blizzard have enough confidence in their abilities at this point (rightly or wrongly) that what they're delivering will be better than GW2, so releasing 5.0 before GW2 will whet everyone's appetite.

    I'm going for an 18th September release date. Gives them ~one month after the trailer to build up marketing materials (I assume they already have the digital media stuff ready to go) and anticipation. You don't really need more than a month after an announcement date to release a game now-a-days, especially with the great patching software now available.

  6. #666
    Bloodsail Admiral Speedy92286's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I have a feeling you know exactly when 'soon' is!
    Are you going to keep it a secret or are you willing to share it with us?

    Oh and, hitting PTR soon..... is mathematical related to hitting live?
    There was a blue post on the front page saying that the scenario "was just around the corner", which means soon. And yes, why would it be on the ptr for more than two weeks?

  7. #667
    Right now Blizzard is running a promotion for $10 for Battle Chest, Wrath, and Cata each. If you were to RaF, it would expire 10/7 I believe. I wouldn't doubt to see it come out right after the RaF expiration.

  8. #668
    I think it will be november/december personally as they will want the xmas buyer and wait for the GW2 hype to have cleared

  9. #669
    Bloodsail Admiral Bristae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko999 View Post
    I think it will be november/december personally as they will want the xmas buyer and wait for the GW2 hype to have cleared
    Please for the love of all that's holy... go read past posts that prove time and time again why World of Warcraft does NOT depend on "Christmas Sales" at all. /facepalm...

    Short answer to get you curious...

    1. it is NOT a console game nor a single player "one-shot purchase" game
    2. It depends on residual income AKA subscriptions and services for its revenue, not its base box sales.
    3. About 80% of its players are adults over the age of 21 NOT kids as some might believe (yes, this is backed by studies and fact that is linked in posts). Adults that Do NOT have to wait for Mommy and Daddy to buy the game for them at Christmas.

    So for everyone's sanity... everyone please stop saying this.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

  10. #670
    Mechagnome PHOENIXZERO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan probably.
    Posts
    558
    People still making posts saying November/December.... *Sigh* Please be trolling....

    Quote Originally Posted by Errukine View Post
    I imagine that they will release the MoP trailer and let 5.0 go live at the same time (as well as announcing that MoP has gone Gold) - 17th August or so, so that players can experience 5.0 before they head over to GW2. I assume that Blizzard have enough confidence in their abilities at this point (rightly or wrongly) that what they're delivering will be better than GW2, so releasing 5.0 before GW2 will whet everyone's appetite.

    I'm going for an 18th September release date. Gives them ~one month after the trailer to build up marketing materials (I assume they already have the digital media stuff ready to go) and anticipation. You don't really need more than a month after an announcement date to release a game now-a-days, especially with the great patching software now available.
    As mentioned in this topic seemingly a hundred times already, 5.0.1/pre-expansion event is going to go live TWO WEEKS before MoP's launch.

    The files that will be on the disc have probably already been finalized at this point, Cataclysm's files (4.0.0) were from early September 2010 and about a full three months before release.



    Maybe it's because I'm tired or because of the unbearable weather but I'm in a extra pissy mood at the moment, probably both. >_<
    Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 2012-07-06 at 03:08 PM.

  11. #671
    Dreadlord Cinnamohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Enterprise, AL
    Posts
    791
    With September 11th being an option, it kind of sounds like it would be the doomsday for WoW, when the supposed "Pandas and Pokemon" will be unleashed..

  12. #672
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    There was a blue post on the front page saying that the scenario "was just around the corner", which means soon. And yes, why would it be on the ptr for more than two weeks?

    You know what the thing is with "just around the corner"?
    Answer: we don't know how far the corner is!

    Soon = still soon........

    Oh and to answer your question clearly: I really have no idea why it would be there more than 2 weeks. I even can't answer the question why it would be there 1 week.
    Sorry here.... as far as I'm concerned, it could be there for a month.
    Do you have an idea? Do you know what test-scenario they have for it? Do you even know what they want to test?

    So now I know "soon" means "just around the corner".
    Then my question now is: How far are we from the corner?

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-06 at 03:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Please for the love of all that's holy... go read past posts that prove time and time again why World of Warcraft does NOT depend on "Christmas Sales" at all. /facepalm...

    Short answer to get you curious...

    1. it is NOT a console game nor a single player "one-shot purchase" game
    2. It depends on residual income AKA subscriptions and services for its revenue, not its base box sales.
    3. About 80% of its players are adults over the age of 21 NOT kids as some might believe (yes, this is backed by studies and fact that is linked in posts). Adults that Do NOT have to wait for Mommy and Daddy to buy the game for them at Christmas.

    So for everyone's sanity... everyone please stop saying this.
    For your sake alone, I will STOP saying that I too expect it to be in Nov/Dec. You won't read any post of mine stating that.
    I'm growing my thirst, so I can drink a lot drinks from you after announcement though.
    Last edited by Synstir; 2012-07-06 at 03:25 PM.

  13. #673
    Bloodsail Admiral Speedy92286's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    You know what the thing is with "just around the corner"?
    Answer: we don't know how far the corner is!

    Soon = still soon........

    Oh and to answer your question clearly: I really have no idea why it would be there more than 2 weeks. I even can't answer the question why it would be there 1 week.
    Sorry here.... as far as I'm concerned, it could be there for a month.
    Do you have an idea? Do you know what test-scenario they have for it? Do you even know what they want to test?

    So now I know "soon" means "just around the corner".
    Then my question now is: How far are we from the corner?
    I assume they are bug testing and seeing how the upgraded talent trees work with current content. As I said, that should be about two weeks. Maybe a little more but I doubt a month. How far are we away from the corner? I will say about two to three weeks. Perhaps just in time for the opening video for MoP to come out.

  14. #674
    You said: "I assume" ....... well here you said it all.
    I hope you understand what it means.. cause you start assuming and everything that follows you state as fact.

    If I build a house on a boat, it doesn't matter how well the house is build, if the boat sucks, my house will drown.

  15. #675
    Bloodsail Admiral Speedy92286's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    You said: "I assume" ....... well here you said it all.
    I hope you understand what it means.. cause you start assuming and everything that follows you state as fact.

    If I build a house on a boat, it doesn't matter how well the house is build, if the boat sucks, my house will drown.
    Well until they post and say exactly what they are doing and when, we have to assume; we cannot prove anything without evidence, and so far all Blizzard has told us is that 5.0.1 is "around the corner" for the PTR. I did not say that what I am assuming is fact. I am saying what conclusions I have drawn from what they have given us so far.

  16. #676
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    Well until they post and say exactly what they are doing and when, we have to assume; we cannot prove anything without evidence, and so far all Blizzard has told us is that 5.0.1 is "around the corner" for the PTR. I did not say that what I am assuming is fact. I am saying what conclusions I have drawn from what they have given us so far.
    Well you exact words are: I don't see it releasing later than early september.

    I hope now, you can see it also being released late september? Early oct? Or even November?

    And I also hope that you see that Blizzard is using those words just because they cannot give us anything?

  17. #677
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    And yes, why would it be on the ptr for more than two weeks?
    Because:
    Burning Crusade (shortest)-
    patch 2.0 ptr Nov 14, 2006
    patch 2.0 live Dec 5, 2006

    Wrath of the Lich King-
    patch 3.0 ptr Sep 13, 2008
    patch 3.0 live Oct 15, 2008

    Cataclysm-
    patch 4.0 ptr Sep 12, 2010
    patch 4.0 live Oct 12, 2010
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  18. #678
    I'm going with the september 18th release date mainly because that would give enough time for people to hit level 90 and do the hallows end event since they have level 90 gear in there this year. They wouldn't go with september 11th just because its still kind of a bad date for american customers. That's just my theory though.

  19. #679
    What is the ilvl of the gear which is/was dropping in Midsummer just now?
    I presume it was the current ilvl: 378 or even 384?

  20. #680
    Bloodsail Admiral Speedy92286's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Because:
    Burning Crusade (shortest)-
    patch 2.0 ptr Nov 14, 2006
    patch 2.0 live Dec 5, 2006

    Wrath of the Lich King-
    patch 3.0 ptr Sep 13, 2008
    patch 3.0 live Oct 15, 2008

    Cataclysm-
    patch 4.0 ptr Sep 12, 2010
    patch 4.0 live Oct 12, 2010
    I don't remember it being that long for any of the PTR's. Time flies I guess. Even if the 5.0 ptr happens august 15th, it should be on the live realms a month after. I still say a mid to end of September release. I can't imagine it later than that.
    Last edited by Speedy92286; 2012-07-06 at 04:07 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •