View Poll Results: Which date seems realistic for release?

Voters
2187. This poll is closed
  • August 28

260 11.89%
  • September 4

211 9.65%
  • September 11

213 9.74%
  • September 18

380 17.38%
  • September 25

449 20.53%
  • OCTOBER 2

674 30.82%
Page 33 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I voted oct but think it will be late oct instead

Thinking late September, probably the day I return to studies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Late october early november.

Beta is still going, release date would usually be 2 months in advance, cinematic is usually also two to three months in advance, jade forest is still in construction etc.
    Beta runs usually up to a week or two before release. so it doesn't matter if it's still going or not. Cinematic is handled by a different dev team all together. Jade Forest may or may not even come back in beta due to possible spoilers. So honestly all these are non-issues.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    A fail by blizzard the fact that the date has yet to be announced means at least 7-8 weeks from now. It's too long since last raid tier it's just a big fail, laying off too many staff did not help.
    All the money they make, all that extra money from virtual pets for sale etc from wow store. Yet they still lay off a lot of staff.
    That's what is comes down to, a great deal of features to pack into mop , they just bit off more than they could chew.
    I like all the new features but I really am frustrated at the long long wait.

The annul pass , never again will i sign up to that, I was conned :P
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    A fail by blizzard the fact that the date has yet to be announced means at least 7-8 weeks from now. It's too long since last raid tier it's just a big fail, laying off too many staff did not help.
    All the money they make, all that extra money from virtual pets for sale etc from wow store. Yet they still lay off a lot of staff.
    That's what is comes down to, a great deal of features to pack into mop , they just bit off more than they could chew.

The staff that was laid off was in-game GMs and support staff that wasn't needed any more because of all the new automated CS systems they introduced. 600 support staff to be exact. Not one development staff was laid off. So I think you need to slow down a bit and get your facts straight before you make yourself look foolish. One sentence in your rant summed it up perfectly... "I like all the new features but I really am frustrated at the long long wait." We all are excited and are looking forward to the new content.

You were NOT conned. You were delivered what was stipulated in the deal. You were given beta access, you were given the in-game mount, you were given Diablo 3 for free. The only thing that was asked of you was to agree to continue to pay the normal subscription fee for WoW for 12 months. PERIOD. There were NO other promises made about rushing to get MoP out within that time or getting new raids out, etc etc... Blizzard upheld their end of the deal. For me it was a no-brainer win. because I would have continued to pay for the sub no matter what. WoW is my entertainment and it's cheap entertainment. $15 US/mo is cheap. A 2hour movie in a theater nowadays in the evening costs at least $10 for the ticket.. then a large soda is like $5 ... Popcorn about the same...Hot Dog.. $3.75. So about $20 for a movie.. ONE movie... where as I can have a whole month of entertainment for $15/mo. I don't have to JUST raid, I can level alts, I can PvP, I can work on achievements, I like doing Loremasters (I'm weird that way I know). In MoP, I'll probably enjoy pet Battles too. There is other things to do. So Annual Pass was a 100% win for me.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post

The staff they laid off by and large were customer support. You know like the people you call/petition to restore things which hey became automated. I'm not saying that is a good thing but it has absolutely 0 to do with development time. Blizzard/ Acti-Blizz is still a company and beholden to it's share holders to cut costs and generate more earnings.

This wait is still coming in on the small side of average in my humble opinion and since you "got conned" by the annual pass you have D3 to play. Speaking of how PRECISELY did blizzard perform a confidence scam on you ? Because you misinterpreted some words ?

Heck the annual pass saved me me money because I opted to switch to the 6 month recurring plan instead of staying on time cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    The staff that was laid off was in-game GMs and support staff that wasn't needed any more because of all the new automated CS systems they introduced. 600 support staff to be exact. Not one development staff was laid off. So I think you need to slow down a bit and get your facts straight before you make yourself look foolish. One sentence in your rant summed it up perfectly... "I like all the new features but I really am frustrated at the long long wait." We all are excited and are looking forward to the new content.

You were NOT conned. You were delivered what was stipulated in the deal. You were given beta access, you were given the in-game mount, you were given Diablo 3 for free. The only thing that was asked of you was to agree to continue to pay the normal subscription fee for WoW for 12 months. PERIOD. There were NO other promises made about rushing to get MoP out within that time or getting new raids out, etc etc... Blizzard upheld their end of the deal. For me it was a no-brainer win. because I would have continued to pay for the sub no matter what. WoW is my entertainment and it's cheap entertainment. $15 US/mo is cheap. A 2hour movie in a theater nowadays in the evening costs at least $10 for the ticket.. then a large soda is like $5 ... Popcorn about the same...Hot Dog.. $3.75. So about $20 for a movie.. ONE movie... where as I can have a whole month of entertainment for $15/mo. I don't have to JUST raid, I can level alts, I can PvP, I can work on achievements, I like doing Loremasters (I'm weird that way I know). In MoP, I'll probably enjoy pet Battles too. There is other things to do. So Annual Pass was a 100% win for me.
    This is how I felt, too. I view D3 as a free game, so I play it as such. Same thing with the beta. They were just extra things to go with my annual fee of playing WoW. Yes, some months I don't play that much, but this month I have been on every day due to the summer holiday boss. When the PTR hits I will probably on a lot again as well.

And it is true; I spent 30 dollars the other day on Spider-man with my fiancee. Two tickets cost 26 dollars and a small drink was four dollars. Yeah, even playing WoW for two days out of the month is worth the 15 dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    This is how I felt, too. I view D3 as a free game, so I play it as such. Same thing with the beta. They were just extra things to go with my annual fee of playing WoW. Yes, some months I don't play that much, but this month I have been on every day due to the summer holiday boss. When the PTR hits I will probably on a lot again as well.

And it is true; I spent 30 dollars the other day on Spider-man with my fiancee. Two tickets cost 26 dollars and a small drink was four dollars. Yeah, even playing WoW for two days out of the month is worth the 15 dollars.
    bingo! Inexpensive entertainment. My ex-wife and I used to play together all the time. It was our evening entertainment, well other than... you know But when our family and friends used to put us down for playing WoW this is the logic we'd throw at them. They could NEVER counter it. My wife now doesn't play, I've tried to get her to try it. She LOVES Lord of the Rings and Dragons and high fantasy of all sorts too. She's a total geek, but she just can't get in to MMO games at all. oh well. But she understands my passion for them and doesn't deny them from me. My ex wife, her husband, and I are all friends and play together as well... which at times can be weird... but it's alright.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):

With all that's been going on in blizzards real world I would not be surprised if we didn't see the expansion not come out till December.

Another thread heralding the imminent destruction of WoW. It will come out when they are ready. But, for the sake of argument, in the past the xpac has usually come out within a month of the per-release event and 5.0.1 is heading to beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Another thread heralding the imminent destruction of WoW. It will come out when they are ready. But, for the sake of argument, in the past the xpac has usually come out within a month of the per-release event and 5.0.1 is heading to beta.
    5.0.1 IS Beta... I think you mean 5.0.1 is heading to PTR. there is a difference.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):

I love how everyone is talking about how MoP has to come out in Oct. since that's when the first wave of AP's will end so then blizz will get more money from people as they have to buy time+xpac around the same time. Yet if all the people with the AP that complain about pandas are actually as upset as they claim, and are actually considering not purchasing MoP, don't you think they would be more likely to lean towards buying it if they don't have to purchase wow time concurrently? The only benefit blizz gains from releasing MoP along side the first wave of AP's ending is the extra sub revenue for anyone that would not play after the first month. These are players that might not even purchase MoP if they don't already have time on their account, so releasing it before their time runs out, gives blizz a greater chance for them to at least spend the $40 on the xpac.

On a side not for this point, Blizz is getting your sub money for the duration of the AP anyway, so what difference does it make. It's not like the AP is an unbreakable contract. People can call in and tell billing that they are willing to rescind the benefits they received from the AP if they in turn cancel the AP.

Blizzard stance has always been "When it's done, its done" so no point to try to guess when it 'might' be released.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think around September 11 - Late September, I don't seem it coming out in October, but you never know.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    Blizzard stance has always been "When it's done, its done" so no point to try to guess when it 'might' be released.
    Blizzard's stance on alot of things have changed over time. They arent the same great company they once were.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    *Looks at D3*

It's not gonna be later then mid september purely cause of GW2 being released on August 28th.

There not just gonna give Arenanet free reign of the MMO market for 2 + months.

8 months of no new content in WOW people are gonna play GW2 if they have to wait months for MOP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprints View Post
    It's not gonna be later then mid september purely cause of GW2 being released on August 28th.

There not just gonna give Arenanet free reign of the MMO market for 2 + months.

8 months of no new content in WOW people are gonna play GW2 if they have to wait months for MOP.
    This is kind of how I view it. They are raid testing right now and releasing 5.0.1 on the ptr soon, so I don't see MoP being released later than early September. GW2 being released August 28th might make them move up their timetable slightly, but not by much if the Theramore scenario will be on the PTR soon.

Release date: January 2013

Why would people think its going to release November/December? Raid testing is ongoing, PTR patch soon..? Personally thinking of a September release date.

i think the whole july/august spec. is just wishful thinking with no hint of realism. The earliest I see it is september