Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've know about it since beta.

Knew about since it was implemented in the beta.

And yes, it sure as hell should be on by default.

Found about it last night. It's pretty much mandatory I find with a monk. I NEED my Thunderclap Fists of Thunder, but Crippling Wave is AMAZING cleave damage. Combined with Blinding Flash and Breath of Heaven I'm pretty much set.

I can sort of understand why it isn't turned on as default. As someone who is new to Diablo and the Hack&Slash genre in general all the skills and runes was a bit overwhelming once I started learning new abilities quite often. But still, there should be some sort of tooltip/tutorial around level 10 that shows you about it.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2012-05-20 at 02:31 PM.

I already heard about it but I still don't get what it actually does or where the benefit is. Care to explain?

Honestly, this is the only way I can play. I wanted it to be more like Diablo 2. I put my spirit generating attack on the mouse right click so I can just hold it down and auto attack mobs. I was tired of left clicking everything.

The main thing is; if you find yourself hardly clicking one of your buttons, change it into something more desireable.
    Maybe some extra defensive, or maybe something more offensive?

Edit: You might even consider putting your big cooldown on your left mouse button for all we care!
    It's all about preferences.

Yeah, but only because I read about it on here.

Needs to be on the talent selection screens, rather than tucked away in an options menu...

The basic idea about the game behind novice friendly per default is that it's way easier for a expert to tune up their game then a novice tuning it down. After the first minutes hype gone, I always try to go in the options menus to find hidden function. Keybind list also help a lots. I don't think novice gamer always think about that...
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Deleted
    Yeah, it gives you a bit more options in terms of builds. But it's not as amazing as you make it out.

Maybe when you're high level and you're really geared you can take away some utility for more damage, but that's about it.

I knew about it, and I think its really starting to pay off using it from nightmare on, really no need for it in normal.
    I think its part of the "easy to learn difficult to master" philosophy Blizz has been following with their games.

Deleted
    Elective mode is pretty bad with Nephalem Valor :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    The default options on D3 are pretty poor, one of the first things I did was to check them and yep - turned on Elective mode.
    This sums it up for me. I've informed many pugs of it however. No idea why this isn't default.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Elective mode is pretty bad with Nephalem Valor :S
    How so? As I've understood it you just can't change skills if you want to keep the buff. Your selection of skills doesn't matter. But I could be wrong since I'm not at 60 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I already heard about it but I still don't get what it actually does or where the benefit is. Care to explain?
    It's simple really. It allows you to bind any skill to any button. This means you're not limited to one skill of each type. For example, as a Barbarian, I find I don't use my rend on boss fights. So I swap rend out for Wrath of the Berserker. Rend is a secondary ability, WOTB is a rage ability. This allows me to run two rage abilities, in this case WOTB and Earthquake. I then pop WOTB for 100% more damage and use the 2000% weapon damage nuke of awesome that is Earthquake for leet damages.

Make sense?

Deleted
    Should have put a poll, bet majority wouldn't have known about it.

I cleared normal mode, then got to Act II in nightmare before I knew elective mode existed....
    I'm such a noob

15+ Year Old Account
    First thing I do is when I start up a game is going through the menus. So I grabbed that one.
    But not until later did I grasp what a massive gamechanger that is. I would've long since changed my class because I'd be unable to play my DH.

Deleted
    Yes I knew about it since I was at half of Act 2

It should be on by default in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It's simple really. It allows you to bind any skill to any button. This means you're not limited to one skill of each type. For example, as a Barbarian, I find I don't use my rend on boss fights. So I swap rend out for Wrath of the Berserker. Rend is a secondary ability, WOTB is a rage ability. This allows me to run two rage abilities, in this case WOTB and Earthquake. I then pop WOTB for 100% more damage and use the 2000% weapon damage nuke of awesome that is Earthquake for leet damages.

Make sense?
    Indeed. I'm surprised this isn't configured that way by default. It totally opens up new possibilites.