Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    By god, it this was EA, there would be HELL to pay. Just saying. If they'd made the game with offline and online play, and you couldn't play the offline characters online it would have been just fine. And this is coming from someone who would never play an offline character.

I'm not really revolted about this, since it doesn't affect me one bit, but they should've given the option to play offline. Also, whenever you're getting played with the piracy card, you should know it's absolute bullshit. Making the game completely online won't stop scene groups from cracking it, it would be completely retarded to think otherwise.

Just because D1 and D2 were single player, does not make D3 a single player game. They said it would be online only months before release. Whining about it now is ridiculous, and it isn't going to change.

Deleted
    Well if the game was meant to be online to stop it being pirated that was ever so slightly retarded. I've just quickly had a look on the tinterwebs and it seems that theres already a pirated version up and running XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Funny because I beat the game in single player mode
    No, you solo'd the co-op/multiplayer game called Diablo 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post

I'm not really revolted about this, since it doesn't affect me one bit, but they should've given the option to play offline. Also, whenever you're getting played with the piracy card, you should know it's absolute bullshit. Making the game completely online won't stop scene groups from cracking it, it would be completely retarded to think otherwise.
    What say you to the point, that with offline play, you give access to the backbone coding of the game, greatly increasing the chance of exploits beeing found and used. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    By god, it this was EA, there would be HELL to pay. Just saying. If they'd made the game with offline and online play, and you couldn't play the offline characters online it would have been just fine. And this is coming from someone who would never play an offline character.

All of the loot generation, random encounters, terrain generation, are all done server side. One of the many reasons you cant play it offline.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Funny because I beat the game in single player mode "their is no offline mode" (which is shit with all the server glitches)
    That wasn't single player mode, you were just soloing. The game is still online only in the same sense that you can play solo in WOW if you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derply-Fried Orange View Post
    Baseline:

DIABLO III DOESN'T HAVE SINGLE-PLAYER MODE.

Yes, D1 and D2 had it. No, D3 doesn't have it.

It's been known to be this way more than a year ago.
    How come? You can play the game solo and that is what majority of people do.

Deleted
    If you only care about the game enough to play it through once or twice on your own, why are you getting so angry about the servers being down? If you're as casual as you say, then just go and do something else and play it another time. It's not a big deal.

Yes, it is fairly annoying, but it seems that people are complaining about it just for the sake of complaining. We all knew it was online only for the longest time now, yet all of you still bought the game just to complain about it. Props to the people who hate the always online factor but stood their ground and didn't buy it. To those who hate it, yet still bought it and proceeded to complain about it... real.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppey View Post
    You can play WOW solo too, the game is still online only in a similar sense that D3 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Necator View Post
    I think someone said something about it being online to prevent it being pirated
    It is online for the same reason WoW is online ... because it is an ... wait for it.... online game.

Sort of like a cold drink is cold, because... wait for it...it is cold and you drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppey View Post
    Hurr durr, I play WoW 95% solo. I quest alone, farm alone and sit in Orgrimmar alone. Should I demand offline mode for WoW?

15+ Year Old Account
    Battle.Net 2.0's mandate since its inception was to control content in a better form. Previously Blizzard created games and others made profit off them eventually.
    In SC competitions were hosted and prizes won, in Diablo items - not all legit - were sold and traded for real money, Blizzard had no say in this or real ways to combat this either. Blizzard hated this so much that they decided to change that. If you read the EULA/ToU/ToS of the BNet 2.0 you pretty much can see this.
    They want to have a say when it comes to generated content, they want to have a say when it comes to virtual items and their trade, they want to control the content generated or incorporating their products. In addition their new Bnet opened many opportunities for creating a social network of their own and most importantly for additional revenue generation. So that's where the idea of RMAH was born long after microtransaction services and mini pet shop for WoW in preparation for MoP. To say it's only to combat piracy is a bit single-issued: For once Blizzard never really cared about piracy as playing only always required a legit key. Likewise in regards for RMAH was the only reason they forced online play you could say that is one reason but not the one it is based on.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Feel the same way, repeating maps cause I dc due to talking on yahoo is annoying, lag when I'm in a solo game. It's complete garbage, I'm in the same boat, who care about world first such and crap bullshit over the game. Blows my mind every thing has be a reason to flex and grow you internet &#%*. If people want to group with others let em but a single player mode would be very nice.

"Delay and lag" ? Unless you're on the other side of the planet from the server, and/or have dial-up, you shouldn't have problems with connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    i just still dont get it.

The online servers are down. Even if there was an offline mode, i doubt people would play it right now. I know i wouldnt. All my time is invested in my online account. Offline mode would server no more than for shits and giggles.

or do you really want an potential offline mode to share toons with the online mode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a question...if you made a video game, would you want millions of people to hack it and not experience the content you created?
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Even if this game had an offline mode I wouldn't be playing it for the simple fact that my brother has categorically stated that he wants to play this game with me and i'm not allowed to play my DH unless he's also in the game with his monk. I don't mind that there is no offline mode but the maint/server lag (yes it does exist! I am in Australia nowhere near where the servers are and I use wireless 3G internet) is frustrating but it's definitely not ruining my enjoyment (well ok the lag is. Bouncing backwards and all over the shop because i'm lagging and being pushed backwards constantly is starting to annoy the heck out of me)

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Saying that D3 doesn't have SP and is MP-Only with the option of doing it solo is stupid. Playing D3 solo is indeed a Singleplayermode. If it would be "soloing", the mobs would be the same strenght, regardless of the amount of players.
    Hell,...The game isn't even visible to other people, except friends, as long as you do not make the game "public".
    Making the game public, enables the Multiplayer, because mobs grow stronger.

If D3 would be a Coop-Game, or better - If there wouldn't be a "singleplayer" mode, the you couldn't beat the game without the help of others, except by outleveling/gearing content, which is not the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zordayn View Post
    You can play WOW solo too, the game is still online only in a similar sense that D3 is.
    Really? You can? Silly me spending all that time with doing raids and other endgame content with other people... You can level alone in WoW. That's it. there is nothing for you to do alone after that, everything requires other people.

D3 gives you it's FULL content alone if you so choose. You can go through absolutely all of the game alone. That makes it a single player game with co-op.