Thread: Shrines

Shrines

I'm curious of anyone uses shrines to their advantage, or just grabs the buff when running past?

Do you look for a resplendent chest before picking up the fortune buff? Do you look for a rare/champion pack before getting the protection buff? Or are you like me, and just click on the shrine as you get to it, then carry on.

I can see that on the higher difficulties or hardcore, using shrines wisely could be a huge benefit in helping to progress.

(Also, who else uses the healing wells, even at full health?)

I assume that using shrines should be used more intelligently on Inferno, but until then just click and it and go on.

I don't get wh ythere even are xp shrines on inferno :P

Haha, that seems a bit strange mittacc. I guess that the dev's didn't change the code to remove the spawn chance of XP shrines for Inferno.

my favorite was when I did the timed dungeon in the desert, and in the treasure room was a fortune shrine, I was happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part, I just grab them. 9/10 of them are rarely in a place that is useful. That is, I frequently find protection shrines at the very end of a giant area where I've already killed everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll scout around the shrine first, have a look see if i can use it to my advantage.
    Got lucky last night, i found a Fortune shrine walked about 20 steps found a gold chest so i ran back used the shrine and got 2 yellows 3 blues, then i ran a little further and found one of them treasure goblins and he dropped 1 yellow too

This was on nightmare difficulty. And ofcourse all the yellow items were like +32 str then some random int and other shitty stats :P

10+ Year Old Account
    One shrine I wish I would have seen would be the gem shrine.
    I'm guessing they didn't put them in or are they that rare?

But mostly I grab and run.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    When farming Inferno we usually save the Fortune-shrines for when we find a champion-pack to kill.