Offline Mode

They must made an Offline mode :

- No AH
    - No Achievements
    - No Hardcore mode

Your thoughts ?

Deleted
    no thank you

I definitely wouldn't mind but it's not going to happen since the online requirement is the copy protection for D3.

Deleted
    I'd take it, if it included LAN-mode with buddues...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    I definitely wouldn't mind but it's not going to happen since the online requirement is the copy protection for D3.
    false. Diablo 3 is already emulated.

10+ Year Old Account
    why no achievments... unless they work way differently skyrim has ach
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post
    no thank you
    Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Actually it's not only protecting the game from pirates, but it's also protecting the RMAH, the new Blizzard milk cow. So if we don't use the (RM)AH, so we don't rally need to be online.

while i just hate not being able to play a solo game such as d3 because servers are down/lagging/bugging/etc, i doubt they'll ever add an offline mode because... well, bliz just sucks.

fanboys won't care about the rubber banding bs or the 300+ms ping crap but quite some people do.
    welcome to the world of lagcraft.

not going to happen and I personally so need for it to be

15+ Year Old Account
    StarCraft 2 has an offline mode. So maybe we'll see one in time for Diablo
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    why no achievments... unless they work way differently skyrim has ach
    Because someone will certainly cheat to get those achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh this offline mode discussion is really getting old >.< But OT, either way, I wouldn't care but I love the fact that my friends join me out of no where at any time they want =] So I'm probably more for online than offline. I'm used to playing online games, so this doesn't hurt me at all.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

The fact copy protection gets broken doesn't mean it isn't that. Pretty much every game is cracked.

The fact that the copy-protection has already been cracked..... doesnt mean it wasnt the copy protection

Nah I'm good thanks, you can keep it. I like my Diablo 3 the way it is.

In an age where everyone is online all the time anyway whether they're at a computer or not I guess it seems silly to get so worked up about this. It's irritating that we can't play during maintenance and the lag is regrettable but it's the same deal with other online games. I suppose Diablo 3 being an "online game" or not is the big argument here but honestly the advantages outweigh the disadvantages the way I see it.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    StarCraft 2 has an offline mode. So maybe we'll see one in time for Diablo
    In order to do so they would either have to:

1. Re-write Diablo III so that all the loot / health / position data is not taken from a server (that is a LOT of re-writing of a game that makes server calls all the time), and add to it so that it has the ability to do that on the client (which isnt built into the client because... well because it doesnt need to do it).

or

2. Write and distribute a standalone server that can run on peoples PCs to allow Diablo to connect to those local servers. If they did this (and I am sure they wont) then they would pretty much have to make it a single user server, or make it only listen to the local loopback address or something or people would just set up their own network instead of using battle.net.

My feeling is: either way there would be a LOT of work for Blizzard to do to make this game have an "offline" mode. There simply isnt enough in it for them to do it tbh.

Deleted
    You who are for online mode only speak easily with a good net. Wouldn't you be angry if you had a crappy net with 300+ latency that disconnects you about once every hour and you have no other choices?
    My exact same problem with wow raiding. I can't do it seriously because my net is a pice of shit and there are no other alternatives around.... :/

If they had offline mode with no access to AH would be perfect, if you wanted to use AH you had to make an online only character.

Yes it should be there, people will always defend blizzard even though there is no defence. I personally will also be downloading a pirate version to have for offline characters.(ive paid for this, so i dont care what people think about me also having a working copy of the game)