Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    well guys, i now have maxed Enchanting, Jewel crafting, Alchmy and Mining across my 2 characters.

Best way of making gold now until MoP hits ???
    Fish are always a good source of gold.
    YouTube Channel. TTTT
    "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go went to do look more like."
    "just cuz u can't comrepehdnable the situational understand in to they of those that spoked to the point in understandable them and then comprehend what their said to them and until then dont spoke."

The obvious answer is doing the ore shuffle. You can mine the ore if you want, since your a miner, but I wouldn't just because that's a lot of time wasted when you can just buy the ore of the AH or through a farmer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillvir View Post
    Fish are always a good source of gold.
    really cba to level fishing with these 4 professions done.

Quote Originally Posted by themonitor132 View Post
    The obvious answer is doing the ore shuffle. You can mine the ore if you want, since your a miner, but I wouldn't just because that's a lot of time wasted when you can just buy the ore of the AH or through a farmer.
    right so thats the optimal way of making money, just takes sooooooo long to get little profits. also with D3 launch ore price isnt dropping that low hopefully it picks up in next couple of weeks

really cba to level fishing with these 4 professions done.

right so thats the optimal way of making money, just takes sooooooo long to get little profits. also with D3 launch ore price isnt dropping that low hopefully it picks up in next couple of weeks
    Little profits? I'm making around 50-75k a week with the shuffle and I'm only investing 5-10k at best. I'm picking up Elementium ore at 15-25g / stack and end up selling cut red gems for around 100-150g each, pvp jewelery, Greater Celestial (25g-40g), Heavenly Shard (70g) and loading off all the dust in bulk while saving up for mop. It takes work at first but eventually it will come to you.

Too many people are shuffling now, the profit margins on a lot of servers are pathetically low for the time investment. You simply arrived late to the party, but don't fret, there are plenty of other similar opportunities in the game if you're willing to do some minor to fair research on the internet
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many are shuffling. Fish.
    YouTube Channel. TTTT
    "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go went to do look more like."
    "just cuz u can't comrepehdnable the situational understand in to they of those that spoked to the point in understandable them and then comprehend what their said to them and until then dont spoke."

I don't agree with the whole "too many people are shuffling" because at the same time, you have a lot of shufflers leaving WoW until MoP. The only way I can see that happening is if your on a low population server and the prices of ore is still high compared to price of disenchanting mats. To anyone having issues with the shuffle, please reply with the prices of ore on your server, the prices of Greater Celestial, Shards and red gem cuts. With that, I can tell if its really profitable or if your just not shuffling properly.

Markets are really, really slow right now.

I would not be surprised if the price of Cat gems and enchanting mats goes up a bit in MoP. So if ore prices are low, the shuffle may still be worthwhile. Just might have to sit on some of your product for a while.

Deleted
    to people selling red gems for 150-200 each and making 50k a week. red gems are 40-50g on my server. theres your answer...

i personally like the ore shuffle method because i just alt tab to minecraft while the big stacks get processed.
    We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—
    World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams:
    Yet we are the movers and shakers, Of the world for ever, it seems.

-1st stanza, Ode by: Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Quote Originally Posted by lilatia View Post
    i personally like the ore shuffle method because i just alt tab to minecraft while the big stacks get processed.
    While I do the same thing for prospecting and disenchanting, what your talking about requires a auto key and I'm not sure if that's against the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you dont have an enchanter, I highly recommend leveling one before MoP hits. Having one along with the shuffle is highly recommended (but not needed) for making more gold. If you just prospect and make gems your not making nearly as much as you could along with making enchants or even selling the mats. Here is my ore shuffle.

Deleted
    Hey guys

Wanted to know, what do you guys do with the rare greens, blues and yellows?

The cuts dont make anything really on my server so i wondered if theres anything i can do with the hundred or so in my bank to make something of them

Deleted
    how accurate is that? it says itll cost me 2383g to lvl alchemy...
    Alch is the cheapest proff to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankhack View Post
    Alch is the cheapest proff to level.
    I would bet a pretty penny on inscription. Especially when leveling your second. I used an alt inscriptionist, milled enough cata herbs for all the ink I'd need to just trade in to level up. Wasn't very expensive at all. Actually I made enough inks and bought the herbs so cheap that by the time I hit the appropriate level I was able to make a boat load of fortune cards and profit on top of the glyphs. Making it in theory cost a "negative" amount of gold to level.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I would bet a pretty penny on inscription. Especially when leveling your second. I used an alt inscriptionist, milled enough cata herbs for all the ink I'd need to just trade in to level up. Wasn't very expensive at all. Actually I made enough inks and bought the herbs so cheap that by the time I hit the appropriate level I was able to make a boat load of fortune cards and profit on top of the glyphs. Making it in theory cost a "negative" amount of gold to level.
    This really depends on what realm your on. On our realm herbs are more expensive and you wont find any LK herbs anywhere on our AH.

If you're only making 5k a week then you're definately doing something wrong. I make at least 10k a day doing the shuffle. Not only do you have to cut gems, but you also need to keep an eye on your gems in the AH and not just post and walk away, as you'll get undercut and not sell anything. Also, don't post all of your cut gems at once. I usually post 3 of each cut red gem and while I'm prospecting I'll keep checking my auctions and if I get undercut I will immediately post 3 more.

I also don't bother DEing jasper rings any longer. I will cut into rings and vendor the green rings and then just AH the blues at 48 hours then DE any that may not sell. I usually undercut the blue rings/necklaces big time. The way I see it, if I can sell a blue jasper ring for the same price I paid for a stack of ore (in your case 34g) then everthing else you got from that stack is all profit. The blue ilevel 325 rings/necks I'll post for 2-3x the price of a stack of ore (or DE int heavenly and sell that for 2-3x the price of ore, depending on how many rings/necks you already have up for sale). All carnelians get transmuted into inferno rubies with my transmute master. You should also be using a prospectin and DEing macro to make it go a lot faster.

I also two box now and JC/DE on alliance and horde at the same time, whereas before I would just do it all on my Alliance guy and send it over to horde. Now I can post on both AH's with ease and make a ton of gold. It's really nice pressing 1 button and watching 2 characters prospect!

Also, I'll just keep a stack of 20 each cut of the regular blue dream emerals/ocean sapphires, etc and then cut and vendor after that. For the most part those are pretty worthless and keeping them around doesn't do much. Oh, also check the prices for the vicious PVP rings, those might be a good profit on your server.
    Last edited by Marema; 2012-05-31 at 07:18 PM.