Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Learn from this example, and never accept a maybe. I find the idea of someone having to "think about" going on a date with me pretty offensive honestly. Press a bit when you get that, be assertive . . . I've never regretted this approach as I have being timid (in my youth).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Its a no. And if she says yes, it was still a no.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrin View Post
    Excellent point hidden, "clingy guys" are currently referred to as stalkers.
    I hate the double standards in society these days. If a dude sleeps around, he's a player. A girl sleeps around, she's a slut/whore.
    If a girl is clingy or determined, it's adorable and admirable. If a guy does it, he gets a restraining order.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythax View Post
    I hate the double standards in society these days. If a dude sleeps around, he's a player. A girl sleeps around, she's a slut/whore.
    If a girl is clingy or determined, it's adorable and admirable. If a guy does it, he gets a restraining order.
    I dislike everything you refer to also chief. We live in reality though and must accept it until its changed. This ain't the 1950s....although I often wish it was.
    Wikipedia is not a reference for anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait it out, never ever say something like that on a text or on the phone, that might break her heart if she had in that time developed girly dreams of you.

Just wait it out the fact she even needed to say ill think about it is good most girls will flat out tell you NO.

Stick with it be nice to her thats all but dont be a jerk dont send that message.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythax View Post
    And that's why you get to just be yourself and say "fuck it" to everything else. Fuck double standards and the feeling of need to please everyone in such a society by adapting to pre-established stereotypes. People should just be whoever they like to be (unless we're talking about being a douchebag, there should be zero tolerance toward douchebags). No matter who we choose to be, there will inevitably be people who like and people who dislike us. Why become someone else entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by GISP View Post
    30+ and its a maybe, and shes is realy thinking about it, and has alot going, and might think it is not the right time for a relationship.
    Less then 30 and its more then likely a no.
    30 what exactly I assume seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I recently asked a girl out and her response was 'I need to think about it'

At first I was like 'alright just call me or whatever when you want'

Now it's been a day and that seems more than enough time to have thought about it no call or response. And for my tastes I don't really want to start something with someone who needs a couple days th think about if she should go on a date or not

So would it be jerkish to simply call and say 'hey never mind I'm just going to take that as a no' or not?
    Yours is even better tody is the 6th day my girl is telling me that she will think about it and I kept on reminding her, she kept on saying shes confused and still thinking I don't even know what to do

What a necro. Curious to see where this relationship went.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I would move on.

But if she decides she'll date you at some later point, that would be a pleasant surprise.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll think about it, I have always traditionally defaulted as a NO, with some kind of expectation you will wait around until they change their mind. In short they think very little of you and should hell freeze over and they call you, it's much more likely they event think less of you and doing you the favor.

Just my experience but ultimately it's a move on sign. Make no mistake that is totally ok for them to say no, but I wouldn't sell myself short.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I recently asked a girl out and her response was 'I need to think about it'

At first I was like 'alright just call me or whatever when you want'

Now it's been a day and that seems more than enough time to have thought about it no call or response. And for my tastes I don't really want to start something with someone who needs a couple days th think about if she should go on a date or not

So would it be jerkish to simply call and say 'hey never mind I'm just going to take that as a no' or not?
    If someone wants to date you, they don't say " I need to think about it ". It's either an ethusiastic yes or some bullshit excuse... or a no.

And you came across as needy, " call me whenever " puts the ball in her court which isn't a good thing when coupled with her lack of interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Or... maybe she has a ton of stuff on her mind, so going on a date is the last thing she thinks about? Humans tend to be a lot more complicated than we take ourselves to be. Wait a few days, and then try to find out more
    Definitely not. She was just too "nice" ( read: has no balls ) to say no.

- - - Updated - - -

From what i have heard I guess I will just say next time I can 'never mind I'm taking that as a no' or something
    No, you just say " Okay, cool " so it looks like you don't care and then move on.

That's the only appropriate answer. It's a "nice" no from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke;48878307[B
    ]This has some weird implications that even with a lack of interest you should still pursue them.[/B] Leave them alone if they're not interested bothering them more isn't going to win them over.

Actually I shouldn't give you guys advice should i.
    Where exactly did I read that and what did you smoke today? I said the opposite.

She doesn't seem interested so he should just bail.

If you tell me " Meh I don't know " and I say " Okay think about it and call me " I just come across as someone who's needy and can't read the memo.

Deleted
    Just treat that as a no response. If she ever calls you then you can decide if you still want to go out with her or not. If she doesn't, well you already considered it as a no.

Move on, you don't need to call her letting her know that you took it as a no. She'll get that even if you don't call.

Sounds like your really arrogant or young tbh,

More than likely it's a no, don't bother confronting just move on. You might be pleasantly surprised in a few days / weeks / months time something might click and she'll call you.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Well good, I guess. Just the way you phrased it was iffy, I was just making sure.

There is no ball court, if someone is not interested you're not playing ball at all.
    He thought he was with his answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Sounds like your really arrogant or young tbh,

More than likely it's a no, don't bother confronting just move on. You might be pleasantly surprised in a few days / weeks / months time something might click and she'll call you.
    And he should tell her no when she does.

Don't be someone's second choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Either nowhere or a in front of a judge.
    This thread is so old that she could've changed her mind, said yes, had a kid with the guy, and the 6 year old could be posting on these very forums.

Is that why so many people are responding to the OP as if the OP has been on these forums recently? Are they his 6 year old children looking for their dad?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    My experience, she has no interest and it is a nice way to say no.
    But then again that's just me, maybe you've had better luck.

Take it as no
    and the geek shall inherit the earth