Poll: Headphones or headset?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Gaming headset or Headphones + separate microphone? Which do you use?

Curious.. Which do you use?

I've been debating between getting a high end gaming headset, or a high end set of headphones + Mic (looking at around $200)

I posted average gaming headset...but truth is mine is waaay below average. It works great though in terms of sound and the mic on it. Only cost me about $16 at target...Though I would LOVE to upgrade...I don't like the way it feels on my ears. After about an hour of raiding I am ready to take the darn thing off and toss it across the room. But I needed something cheap at the time...so it has done well for the year I have had it. I prefer to use headsets though over mics and headphones...just seems more accessible.

I use a wireless headset and found it better. For me it allows me to sit how i want while i play and not have to move up to the mic.

In a raid scenario with a head set you have to push a button and you heard, with a separate mic you have to push the button and move closer to the mic in some cases distracting you from the screen.

When i go afk i can mute the mic on the headset and set vent to active my mic when i talk into it, this why i can talk to my friends on vent while grabbing a drink/snack etc or keep the mic muted as no background noise actives the mic while i do w/e. One of my fellow raiders does this as well so he can talk with us as hes fixing dinner before the raid, most of the group is on vent 30-45 mins early and we talk/bs.

Deleted
    Average headphones will be on par if not better than most high end headsets.

Headphones and mic separately.

What makes a headset high end? I got mine as a gift so I really have no idea :/

I use Creative Labs Fatal1ty Gaming Headset.

Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaMarie View Post

Well I mean, I guess whats "high end" or not isn't totally objective.. I was thinking $100+, something from razer, creative, steelseries, etc. Not just a $10 Walmart headset. But there may be some low cost ones that are quality, so my views are flawed :P
    Last edited by Greg000115; 2012-05-21 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaMarie View Post

I'd probably class that as high end, as it's not your supermarket-value type thing...

(It's also my headset )

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got these in the mail about a week ago and i'm completely in love with them. They are VERY VERY comfortable which is the main deciding factor when i go to buy a headset...also, the sound is great!
    http://usa.ttesports.com/products/product.aspx?s=7

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a $30 headset. I hate when I'm playing with people who use a separate Microphone. They always seem to have a lot of crazy atmospheric noise that the headset users don't have.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I use a Razer Headset, had it for a few years, love it!

Headset if you want to be comforatble.
    Headpones + mic if you want to forced to sit in one position while you game.

Headsets typically have bad sound and microphone quality and they break easily. I don't understand why people like them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My headset (can't remember the name offhand) was swiped from a brief stint in a telemarketing office. It cost I think around 150-160 USD. It's quite nice in that aside from good clarity, it also tunes out extraneous background noise, and if there are other people around it's perfect. Definitely worth having if not necessarily paying for.
    Www.facebook.com/magelordx
    Feel free to add me if you wish

10+ Year Old Account
    I just have a $30 Logitech. It works great for about a year and a half, then the plastic breaks and I buy a new one. Who cares, though, since it's only $30 each time.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Average headset looking to get razer elctra $50
    Last edited by DimensionPVP; 2012-05-21 at 09:50 PM.

I have Steelseries Siberia V2 gaming headset, and I love it. They cost about 60e when I bought them nearly a year ago, and I haven't seem then cheaper anywhere nor do I have any complaints

Love my Turtle Beach 7.2 Headset. It was orginally for xbox, but was able to convert it for my PC, and it's simply amazing.

I've responded to tons of posts exactly like this and will ALWAYS recommend the Logitech G930. I got mine about a year and a half ago and absolutely LOVE them. While a bit pricey the sound is amazing, fit completely over the ear (and I'm a pretty big dude 6'4" 210) and are wireless (can still be used while being charged which = a long usb tether). I couldn't be more happy with this purchase.